I'm feeling very depressed, I'm 18 years old, I do not have a college, I do not have a job, I do not have any skills...

I'm feeling very depressed, I'm 18 years old, I do not have a college, I do not have a job, I do not have any skills, I do not know what to do with my life, I disappoint everyone around me and I do not have the courage to kill myself, What do you guys recommend to do with my life?

stop caring and do what you like whilst making a random shitjob, making actual money and thinking about what to do next.

Smoke weed and walk 7 miles a day.

Go to festivals and look for activists

Smoke weed with activists.

Network, travel, smoke.

More importantly, smoke and walk.

I did, and it worked.

Don't overthink it. Just smoke, walk, and go to festivals. Look for a volunteer thing.

Trust.

Me.

Also, don't try MDMA, only two half an 8th of mushrooms, never try opiates, and don't have sex with girls with face tattoos.

Join the military, preferably the air force. Stay in for a bit, get some education, meet some fucked up / cool people. Never extend contract, get out.

Join the coast guard

You like boat and shit right

ex AF

join air national guard or civil air patrol.

don't do it.

Start writing songs.

killing yourself doesnt take "courage"

dont do this

this guy is a troll

The coast guard isn't bad, but its downsizing.

Move to a city with free community college.

>civil air patrol
like jrotc kids but more pretentious

still better then getting blown up by IED's and living in the sandbox.

that's actually not a bad idea. study how songs are structured and write lyrics as therapy. if you don't play an instrument, get an easy to learn music app like garage band and learn how to use it.

>depressed, I'm 18 years old
no, your hormones are just stabilizing
come back in at least 10 years and tell us you are depressed, then you might be taken seriously

you are a fucking moron
giving terrible advice about weed

You could be 26 in the same type of scenario. Figure something out while you're still young and it's acceptable to be in your position. I'm working a dead end job since dropping out of uni. Find something you enjoy/don't hate, get good at it and stick with it. "Not having skills" is a poor excuse when there's google. I've learned several forms of labor over the years that Are useful but it's not the type of shit I want to do after 50.

how is it terrible advice? I did it and lost 100 pounds. if i didnt id still be a NEET playing WOW all day.

Learn C

>I do not have a college

I know that feel user

Build kernel heehee

> I do not have a college, I do not have a job, I do not have any skills, I do not know what to do with my life
other than the depression that was me at 18. didn't kind of get in control of shit until about 23-24

this is good advice: shitjob keeps you alive, and you can either just keep doing the shitjob or do other shit if you choose later.

hobbies are great if you can find stuff you enjoy.

OP never said he needed to lose weight you fat hippy fuck

also, smoking along with excessive amounts of respiratory intense exercise is likely to give you lung damage like pneumothorax or CPOD

besides weed is just a stupid habit to encourage but other than that your advice was fine, find things to do other than sit around and bitch about life

Actually im not a hippie, im a hipster.

but yeah

I said walking, not a fucking running regiment.

You sound like a logical person. You sound educated. You also sound pretentious. A bit angry.

finally somebody recognizing my good advice.
I was kinda worried, looking at some of the other posts.
example:

I need you to cite that in MLA and AMA format.

Honestly, just keep moving. 7 years ago I was in your exact situation with no one to help me, and I was starving for 3 1/2 years. Now im making $11/hr at a factory just pushing a button for 8 hrs a day, my sister is expecting, and I'm loving life like only those who have had nothing can.

>logical
>educated
>pretentious
>angry
correct

walking 7 miles a day is intensive on your respiratory system

>I'm 18
>I'm depressed

No, you're not. You're a spoiled little shit. You have no idea what depression looks or feels like. Come back when your balls drop

i know how you feel

two years ago I was slamming pills and drinking, I weighed 300 pounds

now im 192, smoke weed, but im happy. Happy I have a roof over my head, food on the table. thankful because two years ago i had nothing.

of course someone will tell me im a lazy stoner fuck with a shit job in a one bedroom apartment.

but this lazy stoner fuck got off lithium, survived shock treatment, benzos and booze, lost 100 pounds, and smokes weed to stay off psych meds.

I'd say given the shit I've been that ive been through, im pretty happy with my life.

I might not have the same kind of life some of you well off faggots have, but I'm not pushing daises.

So what if walking 8 miles a day sounds stupid and mundane. I lose 100 pounds and I am genuinely happy.

Are you?

I have a normal weight, I have no problem to lose weight
I just want you to be right, why I do not want to feel this way with 30 years
I know some things about java is sql, I think I'll give it a look at this, thank you
I do not think of a military career, I do not see myself doing it, it's even if it's just for the money, there are other jobs that pay the same,But I'll take a look.

It's good advice, but I'm not good at music, and I've never had much of a turn for it, but I'll take a look
You're right, I think I should review my life goals myself, it really is an excuse I have not acquired any skills with internet access (no useful skills)

I thank everyone who took the time to give me advice, really thank you for giving me new points of view, I know it looks very emo or strange I asked for help here, but I feel that if I talk about it with someone else I Would be ridiculed or she would understand the wrong way, again, thank you to everyone who took your time and helped me with this

also, listen to Tame Impala

find the reason of life.. go out and learn

I do not like comparing pains, each one has its pain, each one has its limit, my definition of depressed may be different from yours, but I feel that way, sorry if I annoyed you in some way

KID - NEVER APOLOGIZE TO SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET.

IF YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM THIS THREAD. LEARN THAT.

Do you want to go to college?
Are you going to work for it?
Do you want a job?
Are you going to work for it?

I know it's hard to motivate yourself when you've hit a low this hard, but if you're not going to do it now, when will you?
Get mad at life, like really fucking mad, stupid ass life. And then take life by the balls and show it how you can climb your way back up.
Only you can do it tho, friends and family can help but most of it has to come from you.
No excuses for being a lazy piece of shit anymore bruh, those priviledges have been revoked.

I like you

You have no real problems whatsoever. If you are depressed over THIS, life is going to kick you in the fucking ass so hard. I'm telling you that from experience. I was just like you, worrying about literal bullshit and thinking not knowing what major to pick or not having a comfy part time job were actual problems. You have no clue how real shit can get and fast. You really need to get your head out of your ass, and go talk to people. And I mean real people. Go to a AA meeting, make up an excuse to be there. Listen to those people, THEY have depression, real depression. They have real problems, big boy and big girl problems. The bullshit you're worried about is faggy bullshit. Basically what I'm saying is you need to grow up

this
this is what its about OP
its all about perspective, you from what you are telling us you dont seem to have any real issues
you are young, thats fucking amazing as it is

idk how is this going to cheer you up, but im 28 two degrees in IT, speak 4 languages, im a idiot that makes less than 1K a month and yes im depressed too.

Thank you.

Not OP but this thread put things into perspective for me. Thank you everyone.

>depression can't be chemically caused
Seems legit. So tell me, what level of Psychology degree do you have?
None? Cool. Fuck off.

No problem.

You'll figure it out. I'd say most of us were a little lost after graduating high school.. I know I was. Welcome to the real world, make the best of it.