Help!! Opiate addict here and I want to get clean so bad. It doesn't feel good anymore...

Help!! Opiate addict here and I want to get clean so bad. It doesn't feel good anymore. I know I'm a retard and faggot for getting into this shit in the first place, so you can save the insults. I want to hear from anyone who has undergone suboxone or methadone maintenance. Which would you prefer? I'm desperate to get this monkey off my back and I can't cold turkey. It hurts too much and I have a life and responsibilities I must attend to. Please help guys...

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shameless self bump. I'm dying here please any opiate addicts help.

suboxone and methadone are for pussies. endure the 10-14 days of hell and if you make it through without killing yourself then you're clean.

Use kratom. It's legal, you can't od and much easier to withdrawal from. It will be safer than anything else.

/thread

Man I can't even work or function when I'm kicking its so bad. I know I'm a pussy but it is what it is. I'm interested in either MMT or a quick bupe taper.

I'm not an opiate addict but i've heard kratom is good for opiate addiction

theyll only prolong the withdrawal too. would you rather be sick for a week or slightly less sick for a month? both are miserable but its better to get through it without any other opiates. smoking weed, using xanax, muscle relaxants, gabapentin and sleeping pills help too. gravol too.

Also, get regular kratom. Not the stuff with extract.

Vivatrol I am a drug and alcohol counselor fag

im on mmt. I was originally on suboxone but it didn't really work for me. MMT works much better, however I was also a hardcore heroin addict. If you're just kicking oxy, stick with subs.

Trust I've tried. Kratom used to work wonders but my habit has totally consumed me and kratom won't touch it. It is a wonderful herb though, user.

Iv been on subs twice. First time for 3 weeks second for around 3 years. Id saying man up and take the withdrawals now because it sucks being dependent on maintenance drug about as bad. I got super depressed coming off suboxone this time and i feel like being on that shit for too long is just like staying on whatever you are taking now. Plus methadone withdrawal seems to be one of the most painful and suboxone lasts a long time normal opiates are easier to come off because you feel better quicker.

it's just a way to get yourself hooked on something else.

cold turkey and lose a lot of phone/facebook contacts that are still into that shit and you'll have a good basis to start. Get your ass in rehab, your work will understand, there is no way they don't already know anyways.

lol, if you really want to be clean is has to be cold turkey. Methadone addiction is way worse than an opiate addiction and the withdrawals from subs/done is just as bad or worse than heroin. I had to detox from three years of heroin in jail. If you go to treatment they will put you in detox first and might offer a suboxone taper which is way smarter than maintenance. I just did three months of treatment like a month ago. Shit is retarded bro.

Also, OP is a faggot

I'd do suboxone. Methadone has more restrictions like needing to go everyday and if you fuck up your kicked off immediately, usually, and will have a bad time. Im on suboxone. Its fine i guess. Kinda pricey but its worked, ive been clean for a long time now 1.5 years. I eant to get off it though.

All i can say is be serious about the suboxone if you use it. Dont use it as a crutch to take pills or dope and not have to worry about getting sick. That is a miserable existence.

Nah man I do gear too... used to be a hardcore iv user but I smoke my gear now.

methadone isn't as bad as everyone says it is if you taper off it the correct way. Of course its terrible if you try and cold turkey off methadone but no one does that shit. Going down 1-2m every week or two is what most people do. Hell when I was tapering i think i did 1 mg a week or 1mg every two weeks.

I prefer the subs.
Long half life stays active for days I mean it's easy to taper when you can take like 4mg a d be ok for 2 days.
I'm a heroin addict myself getting checked into a detox clinic and or rehab tomorrow. I went to the er my last withdrawl and they have a detox wing but it was full at the time still they gave me promethazine flexirl some pill to lower my blood pressure and something for sleep.
So you could do that and just add some immodium and just kick it at home.

This methadone just isn't a great solution. You'll have to leave your house, stand in a line, be late to work and say "no" to like 5 heroin dealers before you stop feeling sick for the day. Suboxone isn't great but does the job.
Kratom is better than nothing but it's not really going to keep you functional if you have shit to do and a serious tolerance.

clinics arent swarming with dealers, thats a common myth. if you arent a patient, they will tell you to get the fuck off their property. you also arent supposed to fuck around there anyway, you get ur shit and leave.

you know I probably could have gotten off with kratom but when I was in withdrawals I just couldnt keep the shit down. I always threw it up.

LIke I said, IM on mmt now and i'm doin alright.

Imodium def works. I've tried it in pinches and it works wonders but it's terrible for you in active doses/

why are you asking strangers on the internet. Go to a hospital and talk to your doctor. If you are poor and dont have health insurance wait 8-12 years and we might have started fixing the healthcare system to make it more affordable for you.

Don't do immodium, just don't fucking do it. Shit will fuck your heart up so badly.

If you really want to get clean, go on google and look up a drug addiction hotline and go through the process. It will be fucking hell but once you get through the 10-14 days, don't turn back. Whenever you think of drugs or shit, do something like a hobby. Make model planes or some shit. It really keeps the mind off free.

subs helped me get clean, as soon as you are on a stable dose, start weaning off ASAP. The doctor had me on them way too long in my opinion.
Good luck.

It's gotten me out of a jam or two. But the stuff I got from the ER really helped too.

He's dead by then

So much worth it. get off the dope. Smoke weed. Drink beer. Drop acid. Feel better.

former heroin addict here.
i never got prescribes subs or methadone, but i did take them illegaly once i quit. I got arrested which forced me to quit. it was absolutely terrible. ive been clean for 6 months now, and i feel great! the withdrawls will be shitty, very shitty, but you HAVE to get through them to quit. suboxone and methadone only DELAY the inevitable. in small, increment doses they will help, but theres no getting around the withdrawl. you need to quit, now. if your not B8, i wish you the best.
also, im from Oregon. was addicted to black tar for 3 years

Yeah I know. I don't. If I'm super desperate I'll take a whole small bottle. I don't do it anymore, I'll just take a shit ton of kratom which works even better. But I still can't leave the fucking house. God damn I've gotten myself into some shit.
I'm such a loser guys, thank you so much for trying to help. I'm honestly a good enough person but I've made some really bad decisions... thanks so much for the advice and please give more if you can. I'm saving every post from this thread on my computer. I love you sons of bitches.

this
its the only way

This is why I only fuck with coke

>it's a common myth
I guess it depends where you're going to a clinic then.

meant to reply to

Have you heard of iboga? its supposed to be the only thing to completely rid a person of their craving and addiction. there are some treatment centers in mexico

OP here. I guess I'd rather be in done or sub handcuffs for the rest of my life than continue this shit. Just cold turkey would work for awhile but I'd just go back. I want some sort of maintenance. I like the idea of sub because it has a blocker in it making me unable to get high even if I try. But having tried both, done is a much better replacement. I'm so lost and confused. I just want to be better.

Try meth. In my view, it's much better.

I've been an addiction for 20 years. First 5 I wasn't functional. Couldn't do shit but get high an try. Clean cold turkey for 4 years. Hurt back got scribed Mas Cottin 90 migs a day. Got cut off. Went to methadone clinic (not first time) took 30 migs for 3 days and got higher than fuck (used to take 200 to be normal) quite cold turkey and the 3 days of methadone tampered out of my system slow and hardly no withdrawl. Kratom was the key though. The shit is a miracle. Gross as fuck going down, but mix it with muscle milk in blender and slam that shit. Best way to take it. Anyway. I do 30 migs of Ms contin for a week then 60 for a week then back down to 30. Throw in the kratom and I've been functioning for ten years now. Comes a time when u just got to man up. If you feel like shit so what drag your ass to work anyway cause them bills won't pay themselves and as long as u pay your bills and rent nobody can tell you shit.

Meh. Stimulants aren't my thing bro. Just can't get into em. Coke on occasion but only if I have benzos for the comedown.

OR/WA 3 yr tar smokin fool here. Clean off it for a yr currently killin the game.

Thank you bro. Unfortunately I work in the service industry and I can't exactly be dope sick around people. I have to operate at 100% all the time. If my nose is running and I'm coughing and puking all the time and buckling over with cramps it's not gonna go well.

Just use benzos 3 in morning 3 at noon 3 at night for a few weeks see how you feel i used to do it all the time

OR/WA 3 yr tar smokin fool here. Clean off it for a yr currently killin the game.Naltrexone and chronic dude

if you have a life cold turkey is a bitch. I just started using suboxone and slowly tapered off. Faster then what the doctors said, but slowly. It took me two months, still sucked. Whenever you finally come off though you barely have any withdrawls. You can't stop the depression, nothing will stop that. You will have depression after three or four days of the sub treatment. That shit is the worst, constantly thinking about real opiates.

Yeah the mental part is the worst. I don't care about the diarrhea and the puking as much as the anxiety. Do you mean depression or anxiety? Because I can't deal with feeling like the world is gonna end constantly. I'm okay with feeling down for a few days but I can't do the anxiety. I feel like sub is my best bet. I did a 7 day taper in 2013 and like you said the depression sucked but the sickness was gone and i stayed clean for a year.

Former opiate addict here, and yeah, this is the only true way to stop for good.

how can i get my shitty doc to prescribe them

I can't though I have a full time job and a lot of responsibilities. I know for a fact I can't just tell my boss what's up. I'd be fired in an instant. I've got a lot of bills to pay you know?

Look up sulforaphane op. It's an amazing compound. Will help you.

Dude just lower your use until you run out and quit. It's going to suck but if you really want to stop, do it.

man the fuck up and quit on your own

Shit benzos are easy. Say you have panic attacks. Describe them as having a sudden fear of impending doom that happens out of nowhere, tell them it gets so bad you start gagging or throwing up, and that it makes it so you can't leave the house. Tell them that for the most part you're fine, but that these attacks happen and have been more frequent lately. Tell them you can't sleep because it happens a lot at night when you're just reading or watching tv. You'll walk out with a script for xanax or klonopin. Don't put on a show or act dramatic, dress well and just be upfront about it. At the end ask them for some kind of benzo.

Maybe try legal supplements like phenibut. But seriously just stop using when you run out.

he gave me klonopin before and it made me shaky so I told him I didnt like it and i doubt the ass would give me xanax

Clean from 6 years off heroin (a pack a day of Chicago dope, 12-15 foils/bags) through suboxone.

It works except my doctor fucked me over and cut me off at 6mg that I tapered down to from 16mg. I had to cold turkey it and ended up drinking alcohol every day for a month straight...turned me into an alcoholic and had to withdrawal from that!

8 months sober now.

Op here. I love phenibut but it does fuck all for opiate wds

Broccoli, really?

I was on Suboxone... It's a lot better than methadone. Look for an intensive outpatient program that will give you support and medical care for the suboxone without totally stopping your life.

quit cold turkey!
do it fagget!

I do gotta say though I've never felt better in my life during that month from drinking from morning to night and taking a shit load of Xanax on top of that (was prescribed 6mg a day, 3 R039's) I cut that out when I went to rehab 8 months ago as well. Withdrawals from benzos and alcohol definitely is 10x worse then opiates.

Oh easy. Tell the doc that your mom is prescribed xanax and that she gave you one one night when you were having an episode and that it worked wonders for you. The doctor won't think twice. You're not going to get 2 mg bars right off the bar but he will script some .25 or .5 footballs for you. Benzos are really really easy. Or you might get Ativan. Shit is criminally underrated and is my second favorite benzo.

So, assuming you go through the acute withdrawal... You can have PAWS symptoms for much longer, not to mention the fact that getting clean has NOTHING to do with staying clean.

Me and my mom have the same doctor and if I recall he knows he never prescribed her xanax lol. I mean I kinda want to go in there and say " I took a benzo before and it helped" but I don't wanna come off like a druggie and make it suspicious y'know?

Just kicking cold turkey doesn't do anything except put you through hell without any support system. There's no shame in suboxone, it's proven to be effective over cold turkey and methadone (plus the logistics of getting methadone doses are terrible. You basically have to go every day...). Find a suboxone program that includes independent and group counseling. And tell the people who say 'suboxone isn't truly clean' to fuck themselves. I did it, it was amazing how quickly my head cleared. Suboxone was the best thing that ever happened to me, I have no doubt that it saved my life.

Just remember you're not alone man.
We're all feeling like pieces of shit, but we're not. Only can realize your potential when you come out of the other side.
But I can't talk, I'm still doing around 200 sometimes more oxy IR daily, and smoking gun powder when I can get it.
I will have to go cold turkey. Personally if I think there's a better way, I question it too much and it makes me feel doubtful. Just do it cold man, wishing you the best.

Before you got clean, were you abusing the MS contin? I have a friend, former addict, who is on it and I'm looking into the abuse potential. obviosly any opiate can be abused, but how hard is it to abuse extended release morphine sulfate?

haha you gon die from methadone withdrawl just like xanax withdrawl

You won't. I've done it before. It would be one thing if you said you had a headache and asked for percs, but anxiety is a different story.
Most docs are pretty cavalier when it comes to benzos. If not your mom then say your aunt or something. It will work. And if it doesn't you're not going to be red flagged or anything. I promise you it will work though. Like I said, benzos are suuuper easy to get a script for.

True story. I wish more people knew this. Benzo/Alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures and even death. Opiate withdrawal is awful, and I would recommend sub treatment, but it's not going to kill you

go see a doc. if they dont help you find another one, and keep looking until you find one that helps
drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction

I don't have much to say, but don't quit quitting.

If you have a goal, cold turkey it like a man and say it's for that goal. Or say it's for a family member thag you love

No not Xanax that makes it worse. Pot is good though

The sprout of them is where you can get the most naturally. But it does a lot more then you think. Anti cancer, and many other thing. Trust me or don't, but it's more important then you think.

if you want to get clean dont take suboxone retard just go cold turkey smoke some weed youll be fine. Opiates are a hell of a drug

I see. So could I get away with asking for xanax straight up? He's an indian doctor keep in mind

You need kratom brah. Better than any pharmaceutical.

I was abusing the shit out of them and everything else. I will say ms contin is one of the best cause it has Hella legs. Once u get used to taking one or 2 12 hour pills it's easier. Part of the problem is getting in the habit of taking something every 2 to 3 hours to maintain. Ms takes a good 1 to 2 hours to kick in then build over 4 or 5 hours and slowly fades. For long term pain management and high it's my fav

do what user says man. take a break from work, lock yourself 24/7, do ANYTHING that gets you clean, or you're dead anyway.

that two weeks or so are a fair trade bro. good luck

I dont know jack shit about weed, if I did I would be hitting that but that's a whole other world. Is there like a weed class or something because I don't wanna get fucked by some faggot because Im very ignorant when it comes to weed and thats why I never delved into it. I know opiates like the back of my hand but weed is a whole other monster

Yeah. Say you were staying with an aunt or something and that you had an episode and that xanax didn't make you feel out of it like klonopin did (klonopin is a long acting benzo, xanax is fast acting and short in its action). Say that you'd like to try xanax to see if it would help. I promise you there's a 95% chance it would work. If he prescribed you klonopin he'll prescribe you xanax. They're more or less equal in strength and only differ in their length of action.

look OP, Im not gonna lie, its gonna be tough as fuck. you took time to get hooked, its gonna take time to get out of this shit.

you got a couple choices here.

Suboxone is nice, and blocks the use of opiates, but without further structure like NA or therapy, its tough to stay clean, because you just not take it and then get the real shit.

methadone feels a little better than subs, but you have to go once a day for a solid 6 or so months, 100% clean, to get take-homes. and you end up just upping your dose, and you run the risk of still using while on it. I see a lot of people switch to coke while on it.

then there is vivitrol.....

you have to kick the habit if you wanna do vivitrol, which is a monthly shot that blocks any opioid. works amazing for cravings too.

Ive used kratom to help with heroin withdrawals, but you gotta remember to stay hydrated, and dose often, like every 3 hours. it also doesnt take it all away, maybe takes away 75% of it. but tthats enough to get a couple hours of sleep and not feel like death.

>clean from heroin for 1 year, go me

Idk what you meant, but I would rather do phenibut than whatever you do. Learn to control your impulses man. Do it in moderation

Also former opiate addict. I've kicked several times. The withdrawal lasts about a week. Only the first few days are nightmarish. After that it gradually gets better until you feel kind of ok. Eventually you'll forget them. Substituting your addiction for another one isn't going to help.

Suboxone and Methodone are harder to come off of than pills or heroin. Source: I am a crisis worker for a unit that aids with detox and 28 day program admissions. Check yourself into a crisis unit. They'll give you meds to aid with the detox. It will feel like ass for the first three or four days. After that it's better day by day. If you wanna get that monkey off your back, don't put a chimp up there to fend off the monkey, order the kill shot.

I'll keep that in the back of my head thanks user. Side note though, Is xanax the same thing as Klonopin? Or is it just a supernova version for lack of a better term

This all the way. Especially about the craving reduction with Vivitrol.

I will say u got to change people places and things for sure. I moved 3 hours away. Out of sight out of mind. That's why withdrawals ain't near as bad in jail cause ain't no use in even thinking about scoring. I recently went home and was smoking meth, eating xanies, and taking subs within about 3 hours, lol. Now I go home every 2 or 3 weeks and it never fails....half gram of ice, 4 or 5 subs, and I'm at work the next week like a fucking maniac. Luckily my job consists of checking up on contractors who are probably higher than I am.

They're both benzos, which if you end up hooked on those as well have a much longer detox than opiates. Same family of drugs, but different halflives.

I quit 5+ years heroin cold turkey. Pills are definitly easier than heroin. You can do it.

I just slow tapered down for 3 months and was able to get over the hill with no withdrawal

Xanax and klonopin are both Benzos. Klonopin has a longer half life and longer legs, xanax is a little quicker on the scene, if you know what I mean, but doesn't last quite as long.

Xanax would be better for panic attacks whereas klonopin is probably better for like general anxiety disorder... But I've been prescribed both for both. It's a matter of what works better for you, everyone's different.

They're both benzodiazepines. Klonopin is used more for generalized anxiety where as xanax' specialty is panic attacks. It works very fast and has a short half life. As far as potency they're pretty equal but have their own unique effects. While klonopin might work for someone, someone else might hate it because it makes them groggy and out of it. Xanax is in and out and kills panic attacks as they're coming on.

"Oh my god I'm like totally addicted to drugs what will I ever be able to do to beat this pathetic and retarded problem?"

Try not taking drugs and owning responsibility for your shitty life and lack of willpower you fucking weak worthless faggot.

Cold turkey is the only way to actually get clean. Quit being a fag and put it down. Addiction is not a disease like hippies tell you, it's the fact your too weak to say no which makes you keep abusing.

Same guy here. If a doc had no problem scripting k pins he'll have no problem prescribing xanax. I promise lol. Truth is panic attacks and anxiety is very real and everyone deserves some relief from them. Benzos are the best known medication for those conditions.

I can't cold turkey.
Have the god will into you. i quited cold. trust me, you really wanna stop you can! have confidence in yourself. its fucken hard. i know how can i live w/ out. trust me shit gets better on...

My mom did suboxone for the withdrawals, she would go from cold sweating, emotional instabillity, shaking, cramping and throwing up. To being her bubbly self again.

Can reccomend.