Thoughts On My Album?

Hey guys, I'm an 18 Year old Wannabe musician who just released an album of 9 Acoustic songs inspired by Punk/Alt bands. I know you guys are a tough crowd so I'd really appreciate some feedback from you. I can take whatever you have for me. I can answer questions about stuff.

soundcloud.com/dylanperk/sets/dumb

Post in a fucking SoundCloud thread dickhead

>white guy with acoustic guitar
the world doesn't need more of this music.

sorry. Don't frequent here too much.

got through the first 40 senonds and i hate it, but ihate that overly emotional indie fuckboy acoustic garbage so that's just me. guitar playing is generic and the vocals are generic too. couldnt stomach listening to the full thing

OP, you show some natural talent that you really need to work on. What im saying is practice TIL you die and you'll make it .

Not for everyone I get it. Thanks for your thoughts.

>white guy with guitar.
>black guy with microphone and beat.
When will bleep dominate everything?

> Teens of the phone age

Cringe

Don't give it up though. It's just indie sad boy guitar is kind of played out at this point. IMO you should try to find someway to mix it up and make it sound refreshing.

this is so painfully generic. i think i've never heard a more generic album in my life. i came in with an open mind but jesus this is awful. i hope you practice more and get better.

The title or the song itself? The Title is tounge in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously. The song itself is my daily dose of Cheese though, so I can see you cringing at it.

terrible artwork desu

This album is simply incredible. I just finished the whole thing, and it absolutely floored me. Every single track felt like being catapulted into a whole new dimension. I have never heard anything so emotionally raw, musically innovative, and spiritually uplifting. I felt like I was one with the music, like it was an escape from myself that simultaneously captured my life completely. I am crying right now.

Unmissable.

Fuck off you faggot, that track's title is somewhat creative.

thanks man. I'll keep working on it.
So not very good im guessing huh? lol. I'll keep working on it.

my god are you pretentious. nobody wants to hear your shit tier soundcloud indie

I don't like it that much, but then again, I'm usually into metal so it's probably not for me
sounds like chris ray gun's songs but without the comedy
you're not a bad musician, but your album is bland

that wasn't me man. some guy obviously being sarcastic. I already responded to him.

You are perhaps retarded.

good one user

>So not very good im guessing huh?
Don't worry man I didn't actually listen to it.

Don't listen to the shitheads who listen to forty seconds of your first song, that's not a fair way to treat any music. It certainly appears generic, but don't accept shit like or as legitimate criticism.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I have to agree with everyone else saying your voice is kinda generic and you can work on the guitar playing, but I think some of the stuff sounds decent. Keep making music and it'll get better

Thank you. I don't know how to fix the generic voice, but I know I can work on the guitar. I'll keep trying.

There's no need to call me faggot dude. I just cringed when I saw the title but now after I thought about it I must say it's a clever title and I was just trying to be edgy.

>I don't know how to fix the generic voice
try other singing techniques? there's a whole world outside of clean vocals

lmao this seems like a joke making fun of white guys whith guitars thinking they are deep and have sometihng to add to the world. that album cover is also hilarious. something about thinking someone made that and actually thought it was cool makes me laugh out loud

OP I know you're getting a lot of hate but desu senpai, take the constructive criticism and grow from it, you'll end up making something amazing

That's shown in the songs "Relative Bastards" "Kill The Darlings" and "Bill trombone"

I really don't think im deep. I use music as a way to vent my emotions. I live with a disabled dad, work 2 jobs and pay every bill. I can't go to college for music (which is what I want to do) but cannot because of my home responsibilities. The album art is tounge in cheek for basically being "yeah, it's shitty but isn't that the spirit? My music is low budget and the art reflects that" I'm sorry you don't like it.

You just need to work on translating those emotions into music. Eventually you'll end up with something good that sounds sincere rather than cringey

okay. thanks. I'm sorry its cringey and i'll work on it.

I like your voice in "relative bastards", I just don't think the accoustic guitar fits that well

I would have done electric if I could, but I do not have a drum set, and electric alone sounded awful.

"whats up with Catcher and The Rye" is also sung in a more rock way

couldn't you sample drums? idk I don't make music