Perfect trilogy thread

Perfect trilogy thread.

I'll kick this one off in style

PUsher

>reddit filename
>capeshit
It checks out.

Wrong on so many levels

3 always seemed like a side story. Felt like a weak end.

Back to the Future is a pretty rock solid trilogy.

LOTR

1 is mediocre and 3 sucks shit

This, as a trilogy, falls victim to a lot of the standard trilogy problems. Which, wouldn't be so bad, except that instead of being three events taking place in sequential order, a large portion of the second movie over-steps the first movie. Which means character inconsistencies standout more than they would if the events were taking place a week, a month, a year, a decade later. No, these inconsistencies crop up because the events are taking place earlier or at the same time as the previous iteration of these very same events.

Example: Biff in 1955 seems to be oblivious to Loraine as a person. She's hot and he's literally molesting her in the cafeteria, but that is not enough of a basis for a pie-eyed love story, where he pines for her openly and emotionally in the streets. No, the scene in the first movie sets them up a little more than two people who are interacting on the most facile level; She is hot and he wants to fuck, and is dumb enough to think he can hoot and holler at her to make it happen."

In the second movie, there is suddenly a previously unseen b-plot about how he always wanted her and tried to get her and she spurned him for George... which doesn't make sense because in the original timeline George never stood up to Biff. So how is the tangent 1985 for the default timeline??

It gets murky.

Then the third movie is the first movie with Marty and Emmet changed places.

I never watched Back to the Future films, am I missing out on much?

The Toy Story trilogy all hold up

1 and 2 are worth watching. Don't bother with 3.

inb4 retards say 3 is the best

Watch it. A lot of us probably like it because of muh nostalgia though, so I'm not really sure if watching it for the first time in the current year would give you the same pleasure.

1>3>2

The only thing I hated was how easy Marty got tricked into doing stupid shit only because people called him chicken or coward or something. He seemed a lot smarter than that to fall for such lazy bait

Anyone else think its kinda funny how most trilogies often are two stories?

>Start out with an original stand alone movie that have a proper ending that ties nearly all the threads togheter
>Sequel start out with a plot that got little to do with the first movies plot, ends in a cliffhanger
>Final movie continue the plot of the second movie and ends with a supposedly ultimate ending

Yeah.
Fuck you, 3 is good.

Nothing happens in 3. It's forgettable and boring.

>he bought into the hype

all were shit, 9gag tier

3rd one was pretty dull 2bh.

Infernal Affairs

Biff was all "say hi to your mom for me" in the first one though. It's not that much of a stretch.

A better example is Marty being bothered by being called chicken for no real reason.

Movies should be made as quadrilogies with each movie as one of Aristotle's three acts, with Act two split into two movies obviously.

wtf i hate bttf now

How does Doc Brown make the train into a time machine in 1885? The fuck is that shit?

What did the bear mean by doing this?

He had nuclear steam, maybe?

Yeah they're really comfy

>They're making new, slightly less shit DeLoreans
>They cost $100,000

I always figured Biff only developed an obsession over Loraine because he was furious about getting cucked by fucking George McFly of all people, and even got BTFO by him at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance which probably annihilated his credibility as a bully.

He was free from the threat of Buford, and had a hoverboadd which had some kind of power source.

All he needed was time and effort? In the timeline where he died, he was content.

Also, he had the original 2015 time machine in the cave. If he cared enough to create gasoline, he could've gone into a reasonable year, procured parts/tools, then came back and put it right back in the cave.

You're not thinking fourth dimensionally

he's your average Sup Forumstard

The Dollars Trilogy.

That actually explains Biff in the original 1985, as described. The problem if inconsistency comes up because the scenes of Biff pining for Loraine openly and chasing her through the street take place BEFORE George punches him out at the dance.

Also, yeah, Marty suddenly being a Gadsden Flag "DONT PICK ON ME!" is another example of the inconsistencies. But, in that case at least, it is developing sequentially, as Marty is the line through all the time-travel. It is still inconsistent.

3 had best mommyfu you fucking plebs. I can't believe this shit. Did you gets not even watch the series ? 1 is about a fucking suicidal creep who is on the verge of death and 3 ties the series up nicely even having doc have kids. Past a certain age a man without a family can be a bad thing. Caspere knew this.

>Did you gets not even watch the series ? 1 is about a fucking suicidal creep who is on the verge of death
Did... did you even watch the series?

"And then flea from the red hot chili peppers calls Marty mcfly a chicken"

How fucking smacked on drugs was Robert zimmekis?

wrong
the 3rd was shit

Nothing the doc made before Marty went back in time worked and doc only saw the deloran work briefly before getting shot up by Muslims

Doc brown was seen as a crackpot and had low self esteem

Psh nothing personal but I watched the series at least 10 times each in my life kiddo I know what I'm talking about I know all the deep philosophical references in back too the future

>10 times each in my life
A bit on the low end desu user

Pretty sure the first back to the future had a cliffhanger ending.

Is it really a triolgy if they're unconnected and all the characters are different people in each one?

Watching each movie 10 times is low ? Are you high? You must be Australian because nothing but shit is coming out off your post

That was supposed to be a joke though.

As an Australian i resent this post

>all the characters are different people in each one?

Blondie is the same person throughout all three movies. TGTBTU is either before A Fistful of Dollars, or set in an alternate universe.

And yes, it can be. Other examples are the Cornetto Trilogy, and the Vengeance Trilogy.

Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

The absolute worst you can say about these movies is either that they're low budget, or that they are "camp".
If you approach them as the H.G. Wellsian Sci-Fi they aim to be, they're absolutely perfect at what they set out to do.

Shut up you.

You know what you've done.

I know what you've done.

Your crimes against the galactic senate will not go unpunished!