Why do people think there cleaver for not liking hip hop...

why do people think there cleaver for not liking hip hop. a lot of people (mostly white people over 30) completely write it off as a genre with no knowledge of what they are talking about and reward themselves for it. plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwkO1y4bTEE
youtube.com/watch?v=YGQKGpjl1Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=hEQkeL-G47g
youtube.com/watch?v=Qcu5KT_bwvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M0bxNFo31ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=tMAnTqDAA84
youtube.com/watch?v=4Wa8GpCAj5o
youtube.com/watch?v=Qch0dLKn314
youtube.com/watch?v=HJrQwvEVtMw
youtube.com/watch?v=0xWua0--vsU
youtube.com/watch?v=8cJ9aB04qPU
youtu.be/J5Ekc-7hkK0
youtube.com/watch?v=2ln73qHeErM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Impress them with your extensive knowledge of MF Doom, that'll show 'em.

because its shit

It's just an overall terrible genre. The bad far outweighs the good.

when will you (c)raptards learn

I have made multiple attempts at listening to hip hop and it was always shit.

as someone who has listened to almost all of the classics, and done a great deal of research in the genre, i can honestly say that it's shit.

most people don't like it because the musical aspects of it are completely half-assed and juvenile. nearly every hip hop song is just 8 repeated bars of boom bap with a simplistic melodic motif.

i listen to music for music. not for some guy bragging about the same overplayed hedonistic nonsense over a simple 4/4 beat with no musical merit

>bad outwieghs the good

i could literally say this about any genre in the whole world ever tho

you actually have reasons for disliking thr genre and you clearly are somewhat cleaver. im talking about people who have done no research into the music that they are talking about whatsoever.

name one musical genre that can't be reduced to "it's just _____"

Although I have heard some hip-hop and some of it is fairly good, I live in the suburbs and frankly the world it talks about means little to my everyday life. However just dismissing all of it as shit just because you don't/can't get it is stupid.

you could but your claims would be false
mine however, are true

>rap? more like crap! BAHAHAHAHA!! now lemme turn on some bob dylan

compare an 8-bar loop of a traditional kick-snare drum beat with some rudimentary instrumentation outlining a basic scale that's been looped for 4 minutes to something like this: youtube.com/watch?v=LwkO1y4bTEE

I'm a dad rock/classical music piano fag with a science degree. But I LOVE Bone Thugs N Harmony. Only them though

Have you listened to the new Playboi Carti album?

>think there cleaver

>(mostly white people over 30)
in my uni there are a shit ton of normies that think like this. The most ironic fact is that the vast majority of stuff they listen consists of high-school tier metal/pop punk like avenged or bring me the horizon.
I dont go on arguments agaisnt them or neither make myself look superior, even though the only hip hop stuff that i mostly listen and enjoy is Sup Forumscore realted, but seeing this kind of pretentios asscracks who dont know shit makes me a little angry.
Anyone else have this?

whoops didn't realize that version of the song is just vocals. youtube doesn't even have a legit version of it.

compare it to this instead: youtube.com/watch?v=YGQKGpjl1Fg

or this: youtube.com/watch?v=hEQkeL-G47g

or this: youtube.com/watch?v=Qcu5KT_bwvQ

I'm actually a bleep fag.
Fuck rock and hip-hop

Still didn't answer the original question.

you're question is completely irrelevant to my point. hip hop is far more simplistic, facile and superficial than most other genres.

They don't just write off hip hop, they write off everything that's not what they like. Not everyone is as into music as we are and that's okay. They get rewards from other things in life that you probably dont

listening now for the first time. i'm not very impressed. it follows the exact formula that i outlined in my original post and herethe only thing it has going for it is the clean production. the rapper himself sounds like he has a mental disability

>think there cleaver

ecks dee

the instrumentation my be simple. but lyrics in other genres dont even come close. and dont even come back with the (its all the same recycled shit) because im talking about good hip hop not fucking trash. what you people do is literally the equivalent of me saying all rock is bad cus I listend to nickelback this one time.

lol im a bit dyslexic dont h8 m8

as i said before, i listen to music for music. not for lyrics.

if i cared about lyrics enough to sacrifice good music in the process, i would just read poetry

Lol

well some of us do care about the lyrics so fuk off m8

this is why i listen to instrumental music

I made this thread to point out how stupid some people are not argue with elitist fags

im guessing you're just above legally retarded

rapfags btfo

can i just point out that I enjoy listening to hip hop and music thats not hip hop because that would be retarded

in other words im not hateing on other genres
because writing off a whole genre is the most pleb thing you can do

I'm black, 19, and don't like hip hop

what do you listen to?

Where do you live? I can't walk by any pale skater or old lady talking about kendrick or drake nowadays. Even my white 50 year old manager was talking about how much she loved More Life. today.

yeah but you made a thread pointing out stupidity for a stupid question to begin with. that and theres really not much elitism going on, nor is there faggotry besides commonplace faggotry

The lyrics are a huge turn off for me. Most of them are just cringey and unexpired. It's usually some younger black kid bragging about shit I don't care about like money, clothes, guns, or some other vapidness. I guess if you still think that shit is cool I could see the appeal, but it's just not why I listen to music.

Also most of the production conforms to too much of the same shit over and over and over again. Slightly varied kick pattern with a snare, rolling hi hits, and simple melodic pattern with the occasional break. It's not stimulating enough and is generally boring. I can see where the appeal would be if you don't listen to too much music outside of that specific genre and you still have a juvenile mentality.

how can you call hiphop shit though ? hh for life

I'm 23, came up liking 90s hiphop, then got bored
and alienated with the rest. Where does that put me?

>equating song lyrics with poetry

>not equating song lyrics with poetry
are you dumb? that's literally exactly what they are

Did you know that the term rap is an acronym for rhythm and poetry?

You guys just haven't listened to any hip hop with good production
youtube.com/watch?v=tMAnTqDAA84

or don't understand minimalism

youtube.com/watch?v=4Wa8GpCAj5o

There are totally valid criticisms of the genre, modern hip hop can be very cookie cutter, and I understand why someone wouldn't like it, but saying that the beats are simplistic and repetitive is kind of missing the point. The genre is based on looping elements of songs to take something that may have been part of a melody or break and making it the primary rhythm of the song. That's like criticizing house for being repetitive or metal for being distorted.

i don't like hip hop enough to dig for the good tracks,and frankly there's just way too much garbage to make getting into the genre worth my time

>you just don't get it
is never a good argument to defend a genre

>youtube.com/watch?v=tMAnTqDAA84
this is p good

>saying that the beats are simplistic and repetitive is kind of missing the point
i understand that the sound is intentional (at least it used to be. i feel like today hip-hop is entrenched by its simplicity because most hip-hop artists aren't good enough musicians to do anything else)

but even if that's the point, it doesn't do anything for me. it just sounds too basic for me to take any enjoyment from it

I'm over 30 and like hip hop, just as long as there's no rapping.

I was just saying the beats are supposed to be repetitive, that's what makes them good. It takes something that was usually a musical aside and makes a new rhythm from it.

I wasn't using "you don't get it" as my main defense of the genre, and I can understand why people wouldn't like it. Like everything, most of the exceptional stuff is an acquired taste, and the mainstream stuff is usually the worst, especially the more watered down it becomes.

sorry that's not music it's noise.

>that
>good production
youtube.com/watch?v=Qch0dLKn314

My penis is small and this is how I take my revenge on humanity.

yeah, that's fine if you don't like it. Not everybody looks for the same thing in music. I personally think that doing away with sampling really hurt the genre, and most modern trap type stuff I basically view on the merits of a pop song; a good melody is a good melody, regardless of the genre.

>18 years later anticon fags still mad
youtube.com/watch?v=HJrQwvEVtMw

Most modern hip hop is literally EDM/pop with rapping.

its a dude literally talking over music that someone else made. producing is music, rapping is not.

I don't care about petty bts squabbles and both are good
youtube.com/watch?v=0xWua0--vsU

I was just teasing, I like both too.

What artists lad

So he's wearing the Destroy shirt but without the swastika? what's the point? that's seriously lame as fuck

>talking

Shit like lamar or kanye is dogshit though. Every track from them I've listened to is
>muh cops be teh devil
>muh weed
>muh racism
>we wuz kangz
>copious amounts of auto tune

it's a good genre i just dont listen to if often because i dont really relate to the mcs.

gee, I wonder if rappers can do both...hmmm.

Why are people here so adamant you MUST like hip hop and I'd you don't you've not listened to enough?

Kendrick is whack as hell. His pres push just got everybody saying he's the greatest, but all he's done is re purpose 90's g funk and "conscious" jazz rap into neoliberal propaganda. If you break down what he's actually saying with his message albums it's actually very conservative.

GKMC: I came from the ghetto, but I'm great and talented so I deserve to become rich and get out of it.

TPAB: Black people get killed by the police, but look, black on black crime.

I swear, his next albums gonna be a 3 part concept album about how kids need to pull their pants up

some can, most cant. the ones who can are obviously better

>mostly white people over 30
They aren't the target audience usually either. That has a lot to do with it. I can relate in a way, as a white guy with a middle class background. I like hip hop and listen to it frequently, but I'm always going to like my favorite rock artists more. There's an undeniable culture barrier there. People like music they can relate to the most.

I don't buy the whole cultural barrier thing. I'm a white middle class millenial, and I like gucci mane more than any indie rock garbage, even though I probably have way more in common with someone like Mac Demarco. You're not wrong about people liking music they can relate to, but not everyone relates to music through the narrow lens of cultural identity.

considering you dont like it, what do you consider the classics?

Because I am White; and there-for intelligent.

this post just screams positive bias desu lad

wu-tang, nwa, nas, dre, biggie etc

>but not everyone relates to music through the narrow lens of cultural identity.
It's really not narrow at all though. How you were raised and your life experiences make you who you are. That's what I was referring to. Maybe "culture" isn't the right word for it. Feels right to me though. And listen to what you like man, cheers.

Because cleaver people are cleaver enough to outgrow it and see through its trashbag veneer to sneak peak at the trash within

Yeah, you're not totally wrong or anything, and I think liking music has a lot to do with how you experience it. I know I like certain songs pretty much just because there was a time in my life where I bonded with people and they happened to be playing. I was just trying to refute the idea that there are irrefutable cultural barriers that art can't cross.

So is cleaver people like hip hop slang for butcher or something?

i think it's how they say "smart" in australian

out of touch

what if they produce what they rap over with orriginal melodies and rhythms?

dont listen to 90s rap, a lot of it is very dated and its hard to find the gems
you might like madvillainy and stuff like aesop rock and das racist more

I really like Hip-hop, however, I'm very picky to what I listen to. I immedietly dismiss anything that raps about bitches, hoes, money and shit, because its just a 5 min track of someone bragging. I prefer to listening to people rap about real shit.

Example of one of my favourites.
youtube.com/watch?v=8cJ9aB04qPU

Fat neckbeards know how to rap desu

Honestly, Action Bronson may look like a lard ass, but hes a really down to earth guy. I like him as a rapper and a person.

Forgot link
youtu.be/J5Ekc-7hkK0

One of my favourite UK rappers.
As I said, I dont like rappers signing about hoes and money, I prefer them rapping about experiances and events.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ln73qHeErM

We get it kid

:)

yeah, remember when he poured water on a homeless transvestite. Great guy.

>Transvestite
Good, I might listen to him now.

He did? Thats good to know, should buy his new album.

Anyways, it wasn't him but his friend. They weren't homeless but "So drunk they couldn't walk"

I used to hate hip hop for a lot of the same reasons in this thread lmao but I got over it and have found something uniquely appealing about hip hop, some sort of emotional appeal. it's really invigorating music.

also this

doom's macaroni made with extra cheesy cheddar
if he's asking OP, he'd say "I like dicks better"

this. people often overlook the primal aspects hip hop brings

White guilt fantano drones

why do people think there cleaver for not liking electro-swing. a lot of people (mostly white people over 30) completely write it off as a genre with no knowledge of what they are talking about and reward themselves for it. plebs.