Getting into normie music

Trying 60/70 stuff. Decided to start with Beatles.
Which album do I start with, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mp3forum.com.ua/showtopic114291.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sgt. Pepper's.

Sgt.Peppers is the "musical milestone" for normies

Red Rose Speedway

Revolver

A good mix of their earlier poppy sound and their more adventurous stuff

Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, or Abbey Road

Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper
White Album
Abbey Road

Any of those. If you like them, get everything else. They don't really have any bad music. Get them in mono by the way.

This

Wings > Beatles

start with their first album and work your way forward. ignore compilations and reissues, take it as it was.

also ignore any opinions to the contrary: they're just telling you their favorite Beatles album because they're bored. form your own opinion.

listening to early beatles is a waste of time

Chronological is actually a very good way to approach the Beatles. You get to hear the evolution of their sound every step of the way. Has to be mono though.
Their early stuff is excellent. Even a "bad" Beatle album is better than most band's "good" album.

>Get them in mono

Why user?

They were mixed in mono.

Listen to CCR, Thin Lizzy, and Sabbath

Because most of their stereo mixes are done rather poorly. The drums will typically be panned totally to the left, and guitars totally to the right. Sometimes even the vocals are totally to the right.

The thing is, some of the albums actually received good stereo mixes. Namely Beatles for Sale, Hard Day's Night, and Help. But for some reason the stereo mixes of the following trio (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Pepper) are just awful. The thing is, even though those mixes are bad, SOME songs are better in stereo like A Day in the Life or Tomorrow Never Knows.

The best thing to do is simply have all of their albums in stereo AND mono, because they really do offer something different. Except for Please Please Me and With the Beatles. Don't get those in stereo, nothing is redeeming about it.

What happens in stereo?

>Their early stuff is excellent. Even a "bad" Beatle album is better than most band's "good" album.
this is what beatlesfags actually believe

Revolver is the album that finally made me appreciate the Beatles.

reading your post was a waste of time. the core enjoyment of the Beatles is great pop music transformed through progression and in-fighting, and you don't get the journey if you listen to one album at random.

people listen to the Beatles for the first time in 2017 for two reasons: the songs, and the drama. the pop hits were always there from the beginning, and you don't get the story if you don't track the narrative.

.. Are you new to music?

How early are we talking? Because A Hard Day's Night is pretty good.

following this logic you should listen to every album ever released

>Because most of their stereo mixes are done rather poorly. The drums will typically be panned totally to the left, and guitars totally to the right. Sometimes even the vocals are totally to the right.
This was true of some Stones albums as well. Why did anyone ever think this was a good idea? my fucking EARS

It was new technology. I just wish they would go back and remix them. It's basically printing free money so I don't know why they don't. Sgt. Pepper is getting remixed next month for the 50th anniversary so that's something to look forward to.
Stereo mixes start to pick up around 67-68 but even then some are just caca.

Not every album ever released was made by a band defined by their evolution, drama, and consistent pop appeal.

To old music, yes.
I didn't know old songs were mono only and had to be "mixed" into stereo.

Well that's how it was. The Beatles in particular spent 10 times the amount of time and care on the mono mix versus the stereo mix. The band and George Martin thought stereo was a gimmick.
Anyway the best way to understand how different the mono and stereo mixes sound from eachother is to listen to them both. I bookmarked this page because Beatle stuff is so hard to find for download outside of torrents/Spotify
mp3forum.com.ua/showtopic114291.html
That has every Beatle release ever. But back to one of my first points, If you can just get their discography in mono and in stereo because some songs will be better one way or another and each offers a very different experience.

Beach boys, Beatles, british invasion and then british new wave.

Those are the fundamentals of normiecore.

Rubber Soul is where their music first started getting more interesting, but you could start at the beginning with Please Please Me and just miss out With The Beatles and Beatles For Sale because there's only a few good songs on those albums. I prefer the stuff from Rubber Soul onwards, with my favourite either being Revolver or the white album.

>mp3forum.com.ua/showtopic114291.html
Woa. Amazing site, though I don't really understand Russian (this isn't Ukrainian is it?). But Google does the trick anyway.

Also why are there so many versions of some CDs? A Hard Day's Night, for example, has 9 versions. Who the fuck is Dr Ebbett and why should I care about his Blue Box release of the CD?

"normie" ohhh the tragedy

Just listen to all the albums in the Beatles box set and start from the beginning

Well all of the links are in English so that doesn't really matter. There are many versions because there have been many releases over the years, also all labeled. The 2009 series is generally good to go with. If torrents aren't a problem for yoy, you can find a 2009 Mono Remaster and the 2009 Stereo Remaster box sets and that will give you basically everything outside of bootlegs.