Was Sauroman retarded? This white niggers been a wizard for how long and he thinks a paltry 10,000 orcs will win...

Was Sauroman retarded? This white niggers been a wizard for how long and he thinks a paltry 10,000 orcs will win? Retard.

They weren't Orcs.

wtf were they then

Big Guys

>superior technology (explosives in the movies + flame throwers in the books)
>superior uruk-hai (bigger, stronger, braver, could withstand sunlight)
>superior tactics (pike blocks + combined arms)
>superior Intel (ravens+other spies+palantir)
>used wizard speech and cunning to divide and conquer Rohan
These are all reasons why he could legitimately feel confident.

>didn't anticipate Gandalf returning to save the day. If wormtongue had been able to stick around, Rohan would have been dead to rights.
>didn't anticipate or adequately prepare for Ents. To be fair, the last time Ents had gone to war was in the 1st or 2nd Age, so that threat perhaps didn't seem super legitimate.
These are his blunders.

>believing he could stand against Sauron's will
or
>believing he could withstand the Ring's corruption (were he to acquire it)
or
>believing he could win a prolonged war against Mordor
These are the actual reasons why he's retarded.

>believing he could stand against Sauron's will
>believing he could withstand the Ring's corruption (were he to acquire it)
>believing he could win a prolonged war against Mordor
That's where ambition comes in. Without it he would not become evil in the first place. To be fair, he was Maia like Sauron too, and maybe he didn't believe that Sauron hold so much power right now. Remember that he was in Gol Dulgur where Sauron was defeated by White Council. He had a reason to believe he can defeat him once more.

>Gol Dulgur

not for me

yeah, right, mistakes happen

I ain't saying she a Gol Dulgur...

What was Saruman's next move if he took Helms Deep?

but she's messing with some....

Uruk Hai

>orcs

Wain, wasn't he Sauron's ally?

They're just a different species of orcs, like blacks are to humans.

hello to you to!

LOTR is for retards. What do you expect?

He planned to fuck him over and take the ring for himself. He knew that Sauron was only going to use him as a means to an end.

Those are Uruk-hai, not orcs.

who would win out of 10,000 orcs and 10,000 uruk hai?

Obviously Uruk. They're bigger, stronger and smarter with better gear. The reason the forces of Sauron usually use orcs is because they're easier to control and easier to produce and equip. That is to say for similar resource cost you could probably produce 4 times the orcs that you could produce Uruk.

Uruks, especially if Sauron can't blot out the sun.

>Uruk Hai
literally means orc

He's the """" bad guy"""" so he loses by default because of bad, cliché writing.

>Be literal angel
>Want to carve out your own kingdom and remake the world in your image
>The only thing that's standing in your way is a bunch of literal peasant horsefuckers with a king that's old as fuck
>Use hypno voice to convince one of them to join your cause as a spy
>He corrupts the king with false counsel which gives you time to breed an army of superior Orcs
>Invent primitive version of gunpowder and industrialize in a few months
>Kill the son of the King and drive a wedge between the King and his nephew (movie version) who takes most riders with him
>The king is left with only a few thousand peasants and his personal guard, and a man, an elf and a dwarf
>Your nemesis Gandalf is dead (or so you think)

I'd say he was right in being confident. Each Uruk-Hai is worth five Rohan peasants. He was arrogant to presume he could best Sauron though. Sauron was superior in more or less everything.

go read mein kampf again faggot

I've only seen the films and it seems as though they grow these fuckers out of the ground, i assume using wizardry and shiet.

In the books how are they created? Forced orc breeding?

Tolkien never came to a conclusion sadly. The Silmarillion says that they are a result of tortured and corrupted elves. Or at least that's how the first Orcs were created.

Personally I think that they are created like you and me, by sexual reproduction. Tolkien after all did state that "The Orcs had life and multiplied after the manner of the Children of Illuvatar". The children being Elves and Men.

The first Orcs were created by Morgoth when he used his dark arts to twist their souls and bodies out of spite. Then they reproduced like everyone else, but with shortened gestation periods most likely.

It's heavily implied that the Uruk-Hai of Saruman are the result of Human-Orc couplings. So maybe he let his orcs gangrape human women or something and then shortened their gestation period with magic.

What are the biological differences between an orc, an uruk-hai and a goblin?
Don't make me google this.

Orcs = elves that were corrupted by Melkor (Sauron's boss)
Uruk-hai = orcs cross-bred with men by Saruman
Goblin = an actress starring in Game of Thrones

>Then they reproduced like everyone else
that makes it sound like theres stay-at-home housewife orcs

>orcs cross-bred with men by Saruman
Sounds super lewd! How'd he go about that?

Orcs are the most common breed with various different sub-races. They are bow-legged with yellow skin and slanted eyes (Tolkien said they looked like caricatures of a Mongol). Relatively short and they can't bear being in the sun. Their society is sort of like an ant nest. Workers, drones and warriors who are all bound together by the collective will of a Queen (in this case King). Have existed since the First Age.

Uruk-Hai is mostly used to describe the improved Orcs of Saruman (Sauron later created his own version, along with improved Trolls). They are not bow-legged like normal Orcs nor do they suffer while in direct sunlight. They stand up straight and have a stiff way of moving due to being locked into armor as soon as they are able. They love to eat human flesh.

Goblins are a sub-race of Orcs. They tend to live in the mountains and have a hunched over posture along with huge eyes made for seeing in the dark. Very clever in coming up with ways of torturing others, and they can tunnel through mountains as well as any dwarf.

In the book he's a lot more confident while Sauron is a lot more concerned.

It really is just a metaphor for Hitler breaking the peace agreement with USSR. He broke off too soon when he could have easily done later.

He's also basically a god who can 1-up Sauron while he doesn't have his ring.

Kidnap a Rohirrim peasant woman or two and let some of the Orcs have a go at her. Or maybe loan a couple of Dunlending women in exchange for food or something.

>created like you and me, by sexual reproduction.

You assume too much,pal.

>So maybe he let his orcs gangrape human women or something and then shortened their gestation period with magic.
More like he let orc women get dunlanned

>orc
>women
choose one and only one

female orcs are a thing