What is the greatest sport upset of all time?

What is the greatest sport upset of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqK7TEOdO6k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay_v_Brazil_(1950_FIFA_World_Cup)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

18-1

it is objectively 18-1

Miracle on Ice

Korean refball WC 2002
Congolombia WC 1994

Either 18-1 or Miracle of Istanbul

down 4
1:15 left
3rd & 5
how did he escape??
how did tyree catch that??

Yankees leading 2004 ALDS BY 3-0

Red Sox first team in mlb to overcome 3-0 lead come back and beat the yankees

Leicester winning premier league

Wrong
This
Wrong
Not quite but close

Super Bowl III is a bigger upset.

wrong

Trump vs Hillary

that's cause super bowl 3 was rigged, as much as it pains me to say it as a jets fan.

>All these retards arguing over professional athletes "upsetting" eachother.

The greatest upset is miracle on ice. A bunch of amateur college hockey players beat the professional Russian hockey team. That Russian team was the greatest hockey team in the world atm.

When the Colts were stolen and moved to Indianapolis, people were pretty upset.

you cant really call it an upset but 7-1 was a fucking shock

Trump vs Hillary 2016

I'm not tho. Amateur athletes beating pros. Explain how pros beating pros is a bigger upset.
It was a surprise. The liberal media tried to sway everyone's opinions but making rigged polls.

On international stage most countries don't care for hockey/american football.

Hans it doesn't matter if you don't care. That doesn't change the fact a bunch of kids beat professional players.

doesn't matter, curling could have the greatest upset in sports history for all i know. it's all about the relative skill of the opposing teams, not the popularity of the sport.

Other countries don't matter

18-1 no doubt about it

when I look back at the tyree catch I still can't believe it happened.

that play would have been a ridiculous regular season highlight in its own right, but to win the fucking super bowl in the closing moments, against a perfect team coached by one of the greatest of all time? and done by a 9-7 wildcard team no less? not to mention the Giants history between coughlin & belichick? fuuuuuck

>ameridonalds thinking their synthetic upsets are relevant

your play off system allows that retardedness to happen

tyree didn't win the super bowl, plaxico burress did. helmet catch was an amazing play but remember they still had one more chance if he dropped it.

Steven Bradbury, the Australian speedskater

He lost the quarterfinals, but then advanced to the quarterfinals when another guy got disqualified.

Then in the semifinals he was in last place the entire race but everyone else crashed into each other, leading to him winning.

Then in the finals, everyone but him crashed on the final lap AGAIN, and he cruised for the cheeky victory.

The Miracle on Ice was a single match. If we're using your logic, Celtic vs Barcalona in 2012 was more impressive.

Playoffs prevent schedule babies from winning the league.

This country doesnt matter either

>if you don't care
For a european i'm relatively interested in both sports

>it's all about the relative skill of the opposing teams
I know that as a german it's easy to say, but if that's the parameter i would go for the 7-1.
Both teams are equally strong on paper.
Brazil is the record world champion and has the home advantage.
It ended in a massive blowout.

>it was a single match
people so often forget that team went on to win the gold medal against finland.

what about uruguay winning the world cup in 1950?

> equally strong
Do you understand what an upset is?

But that's wrong.

If it was Celtic amateurs vs Barcelona you'd be right.

So basically it has to be soccer. Great logic.

THIS
>play a perfect regular season
>happen to have that bad day that every team has once in a while in the most unfortunate moment
>get your well-deserved title taken from you

You have to go back.

DELETE THIS

>equally strong

That's not what an upset is though you retarded faggot. Giants were like 9-7, Patriots were being hailed as the greatest team of all time. Tell me a greater upset in the 5 big sports. You can't.

> deserved
See this is the pussy millenia mentality that is going to fuck everything up. No one deserves anything. Fuck off cuck.

both of those teams are professional. the us olympic team was literally a bunch of kids beating a team that was able to beat nhl calibre teams.

1972 Olympic Gold Medal Basketball

Destroyed US hegemony

ok, grandpa

>cups and international tournaments can't have upsets because I don't like elimination games

Objectively, Leicester City winning the Premier League

Miracle on ice. I keep saying. Amateur hockey players beat pros. 2 professional teams playing is nowhere in the same universe of equal upsets. It's unlikely at best. but most pro athletes will tell you there are no upsets in pro sports.

Shut the fuck up nigger
That retarded upset literally only happened because of a flawed system that allows it
But it makes sense that you'd have it, ADHDmericans love ebin tweests in everything in their lives

Before the match everyone expected a tough fight and it could've gone either way, although most people saw Brazil as slightly favourites. Imagine the last NBA final would've been only one match and the Cavaliers won 125:30 on GSWs home ground.

Lol relax. Don't get so ass pained your mom took away your "deserved" allowance.

tom brady would be the first person to tell you that you're wrong, and the giants won fair and square.

Nice comparison faget

Again PROFESSIONAL TEAMS PLAYING EACH OTHER.

AMATEUR KIDS BEATING PROS.

Am I missing something here? How is everyone so fucking dense.

>did some chump summon the spirit of Ronnie Radford?

youtube.com/watch?v=EqK7TEOdO6k

legod winning one of da land last year after being down 3-1

It comes down to how we view the regular season. Regular season is usually just seeding for the playoffs. It doesn't mean as much to us.

Maracanazo
Brazil, lareyd had the medals with theyr names on it and everything, and they didnt even make a winning ceremony becaue they where too butthurt after the loss.
People literally killed thmeselves after that game, you cant get more upset than that

He's right, jump on the bandwagon bud its pretty goat

Anyone can win a single match by just getting lucky for a couple of hours. Leicester managed to win a Premier League season that consists of 38 games. And they didn't exactly do it narrowly either, they had considerably more points than all the other teams.

The Miracle on Ice was supposedly 1000:1. Leicester winning the PL was 5000:1.

Speaking of upsets.....look at how upset I got you?

>le meme playoff tournament
>same format as the wc

7-1 was more of a massive collapse by Brazil then an upset by Germany

Argentina beating usa

kind of surprised it took so long for someone to mention this

I watch soccer sometimes and I played it as a kid and through high school. I don't really enjoy it desu

C'mon son

>this
What a bunch of hue faggots, It's just a game

Probably when Australia beat England for the first time at Cricket on English soil in 1882. Newspapers ran a mock obituary saying that English cricket was dead, the next time England went to play in Australia the captain said he was going to reclaim the Ashes of English cricket, and they have been playing for "The Ashes" ever since 1882

Scousers v The Romanian (he does it for free) Slipposter

A leaf
Obviously the foxes were the best team since they won the season by playing 32 games to prove it. It was unlikely they would win but no upset. Upsets are when the sample size is small.

p cool too be honest

My dick lmao

The Hand of God

so does a round robin format

No seriously read this shit, this is THE upset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay_v_Brazil_(1950_FIFA_World_Cup)

Denmark winning the soccer (for you Americans) European Championship in 1992.

They only qualified for the finals because Russia were disqualified for whatever reason. They went on to win the tournament.

the upset lasted a little bit short

Rocky getting a draw against Apollo, nobody gave him a chance man

it was greece 2004 then it became portugal 2016

but leicester are in the same league as the teams they beat, are they not? there was not a single professional player on herb brooks gold medal team.

it's not exactly like those monkeys have much else to live for

App State vs Michigan was pretty great

Nigga do u even english?

technically the soviet team was "amateur" too or else they wouldn't have been able to play in the olympics

But that team played other NHL teams for practice and team them on a regular basis

Beat*

Leicester were in the premier league for 1 season and narrowly avoided relegation the season before they won it. Meanwhile, the US team had won 1 gold, 6 silvers and 1 bronze prior to the Miracle on Ice.

Again, the odds make it clear which was the bigger upset.

the soviet league was professional, just because it wasn't the NHL doesn't mean it wasn't a pro league. they won four gold medals in a row.

Fuck Michigan lel

the players on the US team had never played against professionals before the team was formed.

> Leicester plays 32 games and beats everyone they need to.
Clearly the other teams weren't better than them. How is it an upset?

Upsets are when the better team loses when they should've won. Are you saying the foxes weren't the best team? The standings said otherwise.

Don't know if it's the biggest ever, but the biggest I ever watched personally was 2-time defending champ Becker going out in the 2nd round of Wimbedon to nobody Peter Doohan. It was unthinkable that Becker would lose that match.

2nd was Tyson/Douglas.

How was the ice hockey result an upset if USA won every game and the gold medal? They were the best team

Tyson vs Douglas easy. Much bigger upset than 18-1.

>Michigan is dominate in football, basketball, hockey, and baseball
>Michigan is a better Academic institution
>poopeyes just have football

LeL