How do you avoid sleep paralysis? Is it demons or just your mind? Last time you had an episode...

How do you avoid sleep paralysis? Is it demons or just your mind? Last time you had an episode? What do you feel when on it? Are you scared of it

>is it demons
the year is 2017

I get it about 2-3 times a year. Is scary stuff. I also get 1-2 nocturnal emissions a year.

Well, i used to have severe sleep apnea, and would get sleep paralysis like 50% of the time i went to sleep. Which i am told is rare - sleep paralysis on onset of sleep.

I just started sleeping in a recliner and that basically fixed it.

I never said I believed it was demons but there are like 6 billion religious people in the world man

and 0 demons

I only get sleep paralysis when I sleep a certain way. Try sleeping in a different position.

Had several. Used to wake up with hair drooped all over my face and laughing, it became normal. Believed it to be a transitional phase between sleep and awake. Never told anyone, Son now complains of same thing.

It's basically a dream where you are under stress and can't move and are powerless to do anything to stop it. so yeah, it's scary.
no, there's no such thing as demons, just your mind.
I don't know how to avoid it, either.

It doesn't happen to me often, but I'll tell you about my last one.
>Be me, asleep
>dream I am in my dorm room
>get up and walk out the door to get something
>long, narrow, and unfamiliar hallway
>I am uneasy
>walk to the end of the hallway
>grab doorknob
>fall to the floor
>lmao that's weird.
>like ten people come out of various doors
>crowd around me
>ask me if I'm ok
>they're all freaking the fuck out
>try to lift my hand and to push their hands off me
>can't move
>they're all freaking the fuck out
>"user, are you ok"
>"call 911"
>try to speak, tell them i'm ok
>can't speak
>can't do anything
>try to scream
>can't scream
>I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM

I have legit never been more scared

Talk to him about it user. Be a good dad and assure him everything ok. Don't be a dick

It is. In dreams we're closer to Gods.
Third time I had this in my life.
Either it is an extremely strong obey or somebody attacks you.

One tribe, united by torture sex. Poor giants. Golden Sex.

Only with Ki you can contrrol your addiction.

i actually had one last night.
It wasnt that WOW but here goes.
> I dreamt i was in bed sleeping in my old brothers room in my old house.
> opened my eyes to see a woman staring at me next to the bed.
> she started leaning towards me as if she was going to eat my face.
> i couldnt scream, move, or react.
> woke up sweating, but i didnt move because i was scared.
>once my heart calmed down I moved again.

Another story was this and here is some context leading up to the dream, I'm not one to believe in the demon shit but i do believe in negative energies. anyway here is the story:
> watching tv with mom and dogs.
> dogs asleep sudenly wakes up barking like crazy
> think nothing of it until i went to bed.
> I started having a nightmare, not sure what it was.
> all i remmeber was hearing my self scream while asleep
> wake up feeling like someone is staring at me next to my bed.
> didnt fall asleep until 5 am or so and stayed the reminder of the night watching videos and surfing this cancer website.

Ignoring the stupid of this thread. I've only had this happen once in my life. Was like I had forgotten how to move. Had a mini panic attack and then rolled right off my bed. Lasted maybe 4 seconds total. Was about ten years old.

Anyone know how to prevent it?

Yeah, alcohol.

Haha my nigga

Booze. You sleep through it.

Only get IT wen i lie on my back

I dont have this kinda shit, but ever since being present at the blast site of both bombs during the 2013 marathon bombing in boston, I can barely fucking sleep. Legitimately no matter how hard I try for a good two days I cant.sleep and then eventually on day 3 I straight up fucking knock for like 16 goddamn hours wherever I am. I'm in the army, and it sucks because on top of this, whenever I wake up i fucking shoot out of bed in a terrified rush sweating like crazy. The army's aware and has given me an insomnia diagnosis and fucking prescribed me melatonin, which is fucking useless to me. Always waking up, scared shitless out of my goddamn brain at nothing, feelings of anxiety and paranoia on full blast with a heart rate of 115ish. I take an ssri now to help with my chronic depression and i also use kratom for immediately.contending with my anxiety but idk about the sleep. Anyone know of anything herbal? I just need to be on a routine.

Same here user! I only get it when I happen to pass out on my back, which is not often. I can always feel it coming on because it starts with audio hallucinations. Usually sounds like a group of people whispering behind me. I'm always able to pull myself out of it now, just try to move ANY muscle you can - im usually able to wiggle my toes and fingers and I snap out of it shortly after

Melatonin for insomnia is fucking completely useless - it's useful if you go through frequent jet lag maybe, but your brain already produces it according to your sleep schedule and you can't force it to produce more.

The VA sounds incompetent. You need ambien or some shit

it happens to me almost nightly. mostly when I sleep on my back. rarely does it happen when I'm on my sides or stomach. earlier in my life I'd have visual and auditory hallucinations. visual hallucinations such as cockroaches covering the walls and ceiling, a large shadowed man standing in the room or door frame, 7 men standing around my bed, a small ragged woman crawling towards me. auditory hallucinations include a low pulsating hum, a loud tapping sound, another I can only describe as a metal spoon or knife spinning in a glass cup, whispers or voices typically too muddled or low to understand. this late in my life I very rarely deal with the visual. it's tough to say which is more frightening, though. auditory hallucinations can sound less frightening, but your mind fills in the blanks and you begin to imagine where the sound is originating from.

I don't think any of what I said could actually help you. Im now an alcoholic, so I'm usually too far gone to allow myself to stress at night. when I do wake up I typically focus on my dreams. I've begun writing them down. I guess that's helped. it really is just stress. it still happens when I stress about sleep paralysis. worrying about the onset of it occuring.

You're telling me man. This isn't even the VA, it's trickle, because im still in on my second enlistment. I've had numbness in both feet, same exact location, just.mirrored, which is my last two toes and then the corner of the foot for a good 3 months now and these people haven't even started to treat me for it, theyre juat.poking it with a tongue depressor twice a fucking week

>The VA sounds incompetent.
DING DING DING DING DING DING
WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!

I've had it several times in the last year, freak me out every time. Ivery brought it up once when a coworker and i were discussing lucid dreaming. I asked if he had experienced sleep paralysis and he just smiled and said im close to having out of body experiences. Anyone know a link between the 2 or 3 experiences?

A common theme in the dream flashes of my paralysis usually involves something violent to my mouth. Once I ate bunch of broken glass and woke up asking my partner if I actually had. Another I had all my teeth knocked out, remember projectile spitting the entire mouthful.

NEVER ever sleep on your back.

I'm glad it's almost impossible for me to fall asleep in that position

my friend started getting sleep paralysis and it messed her the fuck up, hers was a small anorexic dead girl that would open her door extremely slowly then walk towards her and choke her until she woke up

never keep your spine straight.

>Once I ate bunch of broken glass and woke up asking my partner if I actually had. Another I had all my teeth knocked out, remember projectile spitting the entire mouthful

Maybe not related but, make sure you grinding or snapping your teeth at night. You might be damaging them if you're copying the motions.

>realize i get sleep paralysis when I sleep on my back
>I can only sleep on my back

Has anyone ever had it ever not been scared? I pride myself on my ability to detach myself from emotional situations and thinking with logic in those times, but I know that in a dream it's very hard to control ones thoughts.

I have the mind set that I would know it's sleep paralysis, and that I wouldn't freak out overy the shit I see, but I feel like it not that simple. Anyone have experience with not being scared?

>demons
They're called hypnagogic hallucinations you dumbass. Yes, they can range from creepy to horrifying. They happen more commonly if you sleep face up or in a "soldier" position and apparently they happen more often if you're stressed or have irregular sleep schedules. I had experienced sleep paralysis not too long ago but it's been a while since I had one of those hallucinations.

I would guess the guy is relating sleep paralysis to a form of self awareness outside of your body but being trapped in it.

Give in to it. Relax. Let them take you.

Try to rape them, always rape your fears.

I only had once what I could call sleep paralysis when I was much younger and had a nightmare. The only really bad one that I still remember. Woke up and couldn't move for like an hour.

I honestly think you'd shit brix, mind over matter doesn't work so easily when you're in some messed up frozen dreaming yet awake state with some fucking entity strangling you (which you can also feel happening as well as see just to make it even more horrifying)

obviously that'd be a pretty bad one but not uncommon

kek

i only get it when i sleep on my back so i avoid doing that

>man standing in my doorway

>raged woman crawling toward me

Fucking weird how so many people experience the same things during sleep paralysis

I'm a curious person, I wonder if there's some explanation for this phenomenon

I've had this shit happen once it was during the time they would show Lost Tapes around 3 am
the episode was about the devil monkey

I was worrying about this just a bit ago and planned on making a thread to ask the same question. Thanks OP.

Guess I have to sleep on my side from now on, too.

;Yeah it's a fucking demon sitting on your chest as you sleep.

And when you sneeze your heart stops.

I too
use multiple gaps between sentences.

But I don't believe in spirits and shit like that.

You know die hard catholics? That's me but with disbelief.

>But I don't believe in spirits and shit like that.

neither do most people who get them

Demons

alcohol sleep isnt sleep, you never reach REM under the influence.

An oily black mass moved across my vision to right behind my shoulder as I was sleeping on my side. I couldn't turn to look at it. I couldn't get up. Eventually it started fluttering violently and touching me a few times. This was enough to bring me out of it and I sat up completely freaked out.

it was real

If I didn't already know about sleep paralysis I'd have turned from a skeptic of the supernatural into a staunch believer. Real fast.

I generally get sleep paralysis like once every few months. Mostly when I've been sleeping too much and my dreams are becoming very lucid.

Last time I got it
>Woke up, felt like hundred of hands were pressing down on my blanket, pinning me to my bed.
>I kept imaging myself getting up and turning on the light, but would realize I'm actually still in bed, pinned down and staring at the ceiling
> This goes on for almost a hour tell I finally break free, stand out side and trying to get my shit together.

I have read if you can trainyourself to look at a clock you can gain control. Numbers dont make sense in a dream.

lol

You might have an actual case of ptsd. Not the fake shit that tumblr tards have, the actual shit that people get from trauma

It's your mind, last time i had it i was sleeping in a hotel with a coworker and i had a nightmare that there was a demon behind a door and was trying to get in. I tried moving and was paralized, next day coworker told me the other room was partying and were trying to get inside our room.

also, demons what the fuck dude it's not the 1300's anymore.

Ghosts can contact you in your sleep.
There is a point in which you can contact spirits I have found. Its right before REM. No not the band.
I have a sleeping disorder which used to cause it to happen.

I was in a bad place at one point in my life.

During this period I would have insane dreams. Volatile creatures crawling on my back.
What looked to be hairless squirrels that sort of resemble tiny imps.

There was one night where I did see what would be considered a demon or a higher entity of evil. Tempting. They try to get in your head. Corrupt you further. SO insanely scary a 26 year old man would crawl into bed with their roommate.

When I was younger they would visit frequently, but I had a dog sleeping with me which usually wards them off.

I'm starting to think so, too tbh. I've just avoided throwing the term around with my.medical providers because I don't wanna look like a self diagnoser and fuck up.my credibility.

It starts with auditory hallucinations, feeling some 'braingasm'-wave like in my brains then I hear somebody sawing something in my room.
If I get to that point I force myself to keep the eyes closed, turn around and sleep on my stomach.

scare the shit outta me M8
try to focus on your toes, focus on moving them, should work+ it's no demon you tard it's your mind

Usually 3-4 times a month for me. Coincidentally, it happened a few hours ago. It's become the norm. Thing is, the more you freak out, the worse it gets since your mind is allowing negativity to flow. I just relax and let it transition into a lucid dream, typically i conjure up a 10/10 and let the bitch ride me for a while till i wake up naturally or to clean up a busted nut.

>Ghosts can contact you in your sleep. i have found
Go collect your 1mil from the james randi foundation, your nobel prize and near infinite grant money to research further, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I get it maybe once or twice a month on sleep onset, but I can feel it happening before hand and wake myself up. The first few times scared the shit out of me though. Not just "unable to move", it feels like my entire body is being electrocuted for a solid 60-90 seconds.

I use to be able to get sleep paralises on command, i would just lay diwn and think for 15 minuets beffore my body starts paralyzing itself then i would hears some crazy ass audio halluccination like babys crying, a woman screaming, a UFO tractor beam. I got reallly good at it.

Ive had waaaaaaaay too many experiences to listen to your snide shit.
This is just one incident. I have had 30-40.
One time i passed out at the wheel. I felt hands driving my car that weren't my own.
I ended up waking up down the street from my house completely baffled how I got there..

doesn't happen too often to me, at least to my recollection. most recent experience:
> be me
> sleeping
> wake up and can't move
> somehow I ended up on the ground on my stomach
> grandma heard me fall from bed and comes into the room after a minute or two to see if i'm ok
> snap out of it
--- fast forward about 30 minutes
> wake up on the bed, none of that actually happened, grandma left for work long before that. Trippy mang.

Why am I getting turned on by all this?

You were stuck in between REM and consciousness. That happens a lot.

Sleep paralysis is when the chemical in your brain that keeps you from sleepwalking, doesn't ware off when you wake.its happened to me once but it wasn't scary, I just couldn't move.

Lay off the crack you bunch of fucktards for real