Will it ever be adapted? Can it even be adapted? Who would you cast as the kid and the judge?

Will it ever be adapted? Can it even be adapted? Who would you cast as the kid and the judge?

>Will it ever be adapted?
Probably, too many directors are jerking off to the vision of adapting it

>Can it even be adapted?
No, at least not adapted properly

>Who would you cast as the kid and the judge?
the kid - some random, unknown kid with huge acting skills(like the boy from come and see)

the judge - PSH if he hit the gym and was still alive

Glenn Fleshler as The Judge.

>yfw he gets the rights to direct it

Edginess: The Book

No thanks

Please God no

No way. Good story and good characters.

But the prose is like 90% of what makes this book so good.

It can be adapted perfectly in a mini series format. But the suits will never let it happen properly. They will kill any subtlety and realism

You've confused "shoved down your throat" with "subtlety" and "gritty edginess" with "realism".

Nice opinion

>Hating on blood meridian

Reddit: The Post

John Goodman as the Judge

It's a critique of war and violence. What is edgy about that?

You can't adapt prose like this to film.

Of all the terrible shit that happens in the book, the part about the puppies still makes me sad when I think about it. Way more than the little boy that was raped to death. I don't know what that says about me.

Because it this point it becomes more than clear that it's just pure, senseless violence.

I bet Malick and Lubezki could do it

Was that when the Indians attacked them?

I was thinking either him or D'Onofrio

Yes.

They made Lolita into a movie and the prose in that is infinitely better than Blood Meridian. I'm not saying Lolita was a good movie(all versions) but to say it simply cannot be made because of the prose is not accurate.

I thought both versions of Lolita were good

Ah Lolita the fire in my loins

Iñárritu could adapt it faithfully I think.

they need to hire a really good costume designer for this one.

Even though he can be a pretentious prick, The Revenant was as close to Blood Meridian on film that I've ever seen.

the thing that bothered me the most about that movie was the bear never chewed on dicaprio's head.