This show is silly

This show is silly.

A priest!? Drinking and smoking!? He must have some serious issues!

Literally my type of show.

God bless the comics for existing.

the only thing on tv worth watching even though i torrent it because lolcable

I don't hate it by any means. And I'm not a muh plot Sup Forums sperg. Or a muh anything really.
However, I think the show is imbalanced. They build things up and then treat them flippantly.
The misdirection feel more like poor direction, or sketchy writing.

It did make me want to check out the comics though.

Just so you know Season 1 is a prequel to the comic books.

Muh imbalance
Muh flippancy
Muh direction

Fuck yourself

Come on man. If you can't complain about anything it's a retarded catch all.

What makes a complaint 'muh' is if it's thoughtlessly thrown out there with no caveat.
I don't always think the things I mentioned are bad. I think the show fails on some of its own terms is all.

Didn't know. Does the show do the comic books justice in your opinion? I've been supressing the urge to assume seth rogen fucked some of it up.

Kinda, they portray the surrealistic world they live in, and how everything is to be taken with irony, the comics have a more "dark" influence, but i can imagine its kinda hard making it into a show, would look satanic if they followed the comic spot on, and then they would lose viewers.

No nothing makes a complaint muh except for the stupid people who think reducing a criticism to a phrase with muh in it is a valid argument. You criticizing the plot but pretending you are above the rest of the people who criticize the plot is annoyingly sanctimonious.

Remember the ending?

Next season were in for a ride.

Right I see. I had the feeling that the surreal and ironic elements in the tv show were mirroring the source material.

Anyway, not a bad show.

If the ride is anything like this season then I hope they get into a fatal car crash in the first episode and then find out there's no afterlife.

Oh wow that sure is edgy.

Remember the gunslinger?

Lmao.

wow.

It's supposed to be. I'm so glad everyone in town went wild at the end

That's just not true.
You're being oversensitive.
I'm not the bad guy you need me to be to feel good about yourself. Sorry.
And I haven't criticized anything about the plot, go back and read my comment without sperging out.
I said it's imbalanced. There are several main characters, and I feel they aren't sure how to tie them together properly. Feels imbalanced. Nothing to do with plot. You're an idiot.
I said it was flippant. It is flippant. According to another user, the surreal/ironic aspect comes from the comics. Irony can feel flippant at times. Just the way it felt to me. No plot criticism. You're an idiot.
I said the misdirection, a common way of trying to amp up tension in any tv show, felt badly executed at times. Hence, poor direction. No plot criticism. You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

If you truly like the show, you should be capable of dealing with the some criticism of it.
A sign of artistic merit in anything is that attracts interpretation.

Plus you don't even know what plot is so you can just go fuck yourself.

Remember how terrible this show is? Remember when they spent ten minutes replaying a scene from the second episode over and over again? Remember how inconsequential and poorly strung together every aspect of the show is? Or the characters that we wasted so much time with this season? Remember how stupid the finale was?

The show is fucking terrible but you are a moron. You can pretend that criticisms about it being imbalanced, poorly executed, and flippant somehow are in some separate category from the plot but that doesn't make it true. And talking about artistic merit with this show is a fucking joke, there was no effort put into it at all.

They replayed the scene to portray that he was in hell retard.

Not their fault you have a IQ of 50.

If you didn't get that he was in hell after five seconds of them playing the same exact sequence of events they already showed us earlier and needed the dragged out ten minutes of time wasting to realize it then you are the barely functional retard.

I love the music and the small-town Texas setting. Other than that it's just okay

So you don't even like the show? You're literally just here to try and ensure that I don't act above my station?

You're like some kind of internet superhero.

And they aren't they aren't plot. Unless, you know, you're an idiot. Something can have a great plot and be bad in terms of all the elements I have outlined.

All I cared about in the finale.

Next season better have Jody and TV wiping the floor with Jesse and Tulip getting her face blown off

I have not seen any of the show, but does there seem to be any chance of stuff like this making it in?

I agree.

No, Odin quincannon is dead, he wasn't even a racist, just a bitter old man who hated God because his entire extended family died in a skiing accident.

Jesse was a bigger villain that he was.

All of your so called non-plot related criticisms specifically tie into the way the plot is constructed. Just stop posting.

>Just stop posting.

Kek, you're the one who came to a thread just to bitch. I can almost smell your desperation. I can feel you getting angry as you read this comment.

Everything ties to everything. Terms like plot are devices to paint certain aspects in broad strokes. It's an acceptable thing to do. You haven't given a single argument. You've given given general dissatisfaction dressed up in a cheap opinion.

sound

So you're saying the show has imbalanced focus, haphazard execution, and doesn't take elements it should seriously but the plot is fine. Moron.

The plot suffers, as does everything else, from anything that lacks. But I would not attend to the plot in order to fix these issues. I would be thinking in terms of the main events and their sequencing. Overall, that was just seemed to be the nature of the show.

However, I think editing the editing could have been more focused when it came what we were to focus on, yes. This could be as simple as reducing screentime here, and increasing screentime there. Plot untouched.

The execution. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. But is the plot in a screenplay bad because the directors execute it badly? Or is there some distinction to be made there?
Not taking elements seriously is tone, not plot.

Christ, you're lost. Just saying things to say them. Toying with the idea of pretending you were a troll all along.

You're an idiot.

"I would not be thinking in terms of main events"

You're a fucking barely literate simpleton. There was no plot to this show. The focus was all over the place with random time jumps happening between episodes for no reason and plot threads and character arcs dropped left and right and often times created out of thin air. There was no through line, no build up, no climax, no denouement, nothing. It was just a bunch of random shit thrown at a screen. The plot was unfocused, poorly constructed, poorly executed, and wildly inconsistent. Now do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.

hes not dead.

Yeah I'm not watching this show anymore.

>There was no plot
>The plot was unfocused.

I'm sure you think you're making sense.

If mistaking my typos for illiteracy helps you sell your lies to yourself, by all means go for it.

I don't even totally disagree with your take on it. I didn't create this thread to sing the show's praises. You're such an angry little sperg, it's so obvious.

>muh plot

what a fucking faggot

Please illuminate the vast chasm of difference between the colloquialism of something having no plot and something having an unfocused plot oh wise one.

>hes not dead.

As far as we know only Jesse and Co. are the only survivors.

name another show that killed the entire supporting cast

Name another show where they killed the entire supporting cast and there was absolutely zero point, consequence, or emotion behind it.

it's so fucking boring, so badly paced, ep 9 hurt to watch, i'm gonna need another week to watch the finale cause i just don't give a shit

Well, when you say no plot you mean unfocused plot, that's your problem. It's almost difficult to have no plot, because plot at its purest is just the sense of cause and effect that allows events to become sequences. Plot is to cause and effect much like Kant's transcendental aesthetic of time and space is to our experience of the world. It's how we tie up what we see. To be without plot might only be understandable negatively, trying intentionally to undermine our natural capacity to unify what we see. It gets paradoxical, i.e. can someone "put together" something without structure. It's a debate for another thread really.

Experimental art aside. A bad plot, although dependent on taste, will generally be an uninteresting one.
However, what causes the sequencing(in film or tv in this instance) to fail to be interesting or involving can come from various different aspects of writing, directing, casting, etc.

So a plot feeling unfocused, comes from your experience of how the plot should, or would be, if some other element wasn't dragging it down.
The plot might suffer from bad acting, bad editing, bad dircection, etc. Or it might be a bad plot. The point is a useful distinction can be made, and your reducing them to one another, while not entirely wrong, is wrongheaded.

You're an idiot. If you came here to prove that you have been successful.

You are embarrassing. If you think you are doing a good job trolling you're not, and if God forbid you actually wrote that pretentious dreck seriously then you are worse off than I thought. Are you happy you wrote all that in service of a thread for a shitty TV show?

Show is hard to follow on a week to week basis just like Better Call Shit. Had to drop it 4 or 5 episodes in. Unlike BCS though it's interesting on its own. Will probably benefit from having the rewatch half the season eventually. As it aired I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to be seeing over half the time. Weird shit just gets thrown at you.

>The thread wasn't supporting the show
>You haven't argued, so your insults only insult yourself.
>took me five minutes to destroy your ass you jumped up faggot

Describe the plot to Preacher then.

go to fucking wikipedia

You didn't address anything I said about the plot you just singled out a perceived minor inconsistency in what I said and when I called you out on it you started ranting about Kant like you were more concerned with coming across as smart than actually saying anything of substance.

Fuck you.

Came for the fantasy elements, stayed for based Cass. Also I don't get the hate for Tulip, she was less annoying than Jesse 'good guy who's a bad guy who's actually a good guy' and at least moved the plot forward

I think blowing up the town was stupid. It should have just ended with everyone going insane in the face of proof that god didn't love them. The explosion just proved half of the sideplots were completely useless. Most of the stories were never resolved and the ones that were were done poorly.

Screaming about Carlos and being a passive aggressive bitch to everyone around her is not moving the plot forward. It was hilarious how they tried to make her somewhat likable but all it did was backfire, especially that pregnancy shit.

And the actress is awful on top of everything.

I didn't address the aspects of what you said that were already implied in my own complaints with the show. You angry because I make a distinction between plot and anything else that goes into making a show it seems. It's weird. I gave a a rundown of plot to help you understand. The point about Kant is pretty kosher, really.
You're using plot as a umbrella term for everything, when any writer would argue otherwise.
You're the one that's 'concerned' you came into a thread just to bitch. There's no getting around how sad that is. No matter what you say, you're already pathetic.

So I've read the first sixty issues of the comic since this show came out, and I have to say, this does not feel like a faithful adaption at all. They've just made a joke out of everything.

mid season they went full budget savings mode and it got pretty boring

stopped watching around episode 7 I think.

>So I've read the first sixty issues of the comic since this show came out

you mean all 60 issues, not counting the one-shots?

Also for all the weaknesses of the show I did like how certain characters were changed/fleshed out, notably root and Quincannon, they weren't just evil sheriff and evil land baron, which is why the finale was all the more disappointing to just go "well time to kill them all".

Hands down the best character in the show had to be Donnie.

Shit, I mean first 30.

I didn't know there was only that many left though. Bummer.

So the implication is that a guy who says things like "You angry because" is a superior writer because he can bloviate? The plot of Preacher is poorly constructed, executed, and it's tonal inconsistencies can be directly traced back to that fact. It's not the direction, not the editing, it's the writing specifically pertaining to the way the plot unfolds. No amount of insecure long winded protesting is going to change the fact that you're wrong.

>bloviate

Glad to see you found your thesaurus.

What sort of a hypocrite are you?

>It's not the direction, not the editing

Now you're making an argument. The problem is in the the screenplay and/or the plot, not the other stuff. That's fair. It's a position.

Look, if you need this one I got you senpai! You win. Good job.
Well done, you accidentally redeemed yourself somewhat.

The guy on the right isn't the angel. It's the school busdriver. Fiore's pal will deffo come back