Literally "Create a Team Mode" tier

Literally "Create a Team Mode" tier.

What the fuck were they thinking?.

kinda out of ideas at this point with new franchises. anything gambling related wasn't gonna happen. that leaves animals native to nevada or something history related which there really isn't anything.

should have gone with sand people

Agreed, fucking junk name, logo, location, everything

Quebec Nordiques when

wasnt there a giant Borax mine in nevada or am i thinking of the wrong place.

>expand to vegas, capital of gambling
>no gambling references

this team should have never gone there in the first place

>Golden Knights

Lel what the fuck? This is something that an 8 year old autist would come up with

Why not the Vegas Aces? Vegas Jackpot? Vegas Outlaws?

"those are scary bad no-no words" - the nhl

well right off the bat the NHL banned them from using any gambling related names...which is just retarded

Logo is kind of cool, doesn't deserve the backlash but "golden" knights? I haven't seen a team put an adjective in their name since like U14 AYSO

>putting a team with a shit name in fucking Vegas

Why is the NHL so retarded? There were plenty of better places

Should have been the Desert Knights. Can keep the same color scheme

I'm shocked that they chose Vegas over places like Seattle and Houston

Literally every single American team has a shit name "muh ferocious animal" "muh hardcore historical/mythical figure"

Seattle is too close to Vancouver

Houston is in Texas

You're right, I'd much rather be the Chelsea Samsungs or the Arsenal Fly Emirates

gladiators could have been alright with that logo

Owner was Military fag this is a call back to his academy

Knights play off of Kings headlines write themselves

Gold, Vegas is fucking covered in it from Trump Tower to Wynn to Mandalay Bay

Lastly if you ever become a billionair and bring a team to your home town using your mass wealth and influence....you can then call it whatever the fuck you want.

It's the Chelsea Yokohamas to you, sunshine

>las vegas
>not names Las Vegas Mobsters

It's like they don't want to represent the true origin of Las Vegas

they should go to portland. they can play in the nba stadium just like their whl team does.

Vegas is just as close to Cali. Seattle or even Portland should have got the team instead. Put them in the Pacific, then expand to Quebec City to even out the league. Move Detroit to the Central to bring back the Red Wings/Blackhawks and Red Wings/Avalanche rivalries, then put Quebec City in the Atlantic for a rivalry with Montreal. Of course the NHL is too stupid to do that and wants to meme it up in Vegas.

>not Vegas White Knights

so they basically stole Army's color scheme and mascot?

probably don't wanna steal from the Army unless you wanna get drone'd

Call it Vegas HC

Real Vegas United HC wouldve been better

Stfu. This is the logo of a team with a long and proud history. As a lifelong fan of the Vegas Golden Knights (TM), I'm proud of one of the greatest franchises in the league.

I'd literally prefer something like Las Vegas Cacti with a funny logo

Or something cheesy like the Las Vegas Mirage

Las Vegas Cuckolds.

Vegas guy here,

Foley was really stuck on the 'something' knights idea--which is obviously generic. Every fictional sports team name in movies or games is always "Knights"--Nevada is like the #1 producer of gold in the country (#2 in the world) so the Golden 'kind of' works.

They couldn't do any gambling references, because even though it's available to 90% of the country---having Las Vegas Aces, or Las Vegas Dice, Bones, Neons, Mobsters, etc--the NHL said 100% no gambling/Vegas references..

The official name is The Vegas Golden Knights---but kind of like the Mets or Nicks---it will be unofficially shortened to "Vegas Knights"---which is decent and even a play on words.

>Las Vegas Golden Knights
>Logo has a spartan-esque helmet

I get that it was easier to get the V in there, but that's annoying.

they could have gone Air force related with the aces, but Foley is too cucked to give another service branch any nod

Did they consider animal themes for the name?

>Vegas Snakes

Foley has to stroke his hard on for the army.
guy even lied about London Knights not letting them use Knights.

>move detroit to east
you don't get how time zones work

Illitch probably only voted to approve vegas on the condition that the wongs would stay in the eastern conference. Let some other team deal with those fucked start times

>Golden Knights
>Spartan Helmet

Really ignites my brain nerves.

Why not just be the Knights? That's what everyone will call them anyway.

why not fucking WRANGLERS

it used to be our echl team before the jews at the orleans wouldn't re-up their contract. i miss being completely shitfaced at games for $7

bruh. savage as shit desu

>tfw your ayso team was called the black knights
Gold and black were fuckin sick team colors tho

??

>being this devoid of historical knowledge

>no Las Vegas Sin
>no Las Vegas Outlaws
>no Las Vegas Rattlesnakes
>no Las Vegas Raiders

Thank you. These edgelords need to step away from the computer into the real world for a bit if they thought doing something gambling related would be tasteful let alone allowed.

>golden knights
>kings break in their virgin ice during frozen fury
will the golden knights ever recover from literally being cucked via kings rights to prima noctae?

that shit show of a team reveal hints at a no

i guess they wanted to be better than all the other knights...they have the attitude of a pre-teen boy playing make believe on the weekend...they wanted to the GOLDEN knights

he wanted it to be black knights because he's a vet who can't let go of his past and thinks the military is so cool that we might as well name a pro sports team after something to do with the army

but because his desired name is trade marked by the army he had to come up with something equally uninteresting, unoriginal and just as dumb to bring into the NHL

it's literally a cancer tier "reason for team's name" story

no, we just have enough teams with the name "knights" so he had to add golden to spice it up.

They used to play in the West. Stop whining faggot.

so you want to return them to the west despite the fact that detroit is an hour ahead of every other team in the conference?
okay that makes sense

They were a dynasty in the west so it clearly wasn't an issue

>being this dumb

I don't really see your argument other than throwing an autistic shitfit over a time difference that was never an issue for them in the past. They were incredibly popular and successful in the west.

no they weren't

fuck the wongs
fuck their times
fuck everything about them

>Not knowing what a barbute is
>Not knowing it's called a Corinthian helmet
kys

NHL needed to get the stick out their ass about the gambling references but Vegas Knights IS a decent name. The golden is just tacky.

>Not the Vegas Flamingos

KSHYGDDT

It's because today's fucking liberal society would bitch it promotes an addiction even though it's just a fucking team name

I want off this fucking ride