Any techfags around

any techfags around

windows 10 wont connect to the internet because it cant find a valid ip configuration. I literally didnt change anything on my computer in the last 24 hours. I'm running ubuntu from a live usb rn and it's working fine, help pls

pic unrelated

Install Debian.

Windows, can't live with it
can live without it.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

So other devices are pulling an IP address fine but just windows 10 isn't?
If you're trying over wifi, connect via LAN and see what happens
Also might try updating drivers just because

nice meme but I could actually use some help

yeah, everything's working fine except win10 on this specific pc
I am using ethernet rn, and all my drivers are up to date. I'm gonna try reinstalling them all for a third time in a sec

Your DHCP pool is full. Contact your network administrator. Tell him to release some IPs.

Judging by how OP is contacting Sup Forums and not the network admin, I'm guessing this is in his own home.
OP you tried just restarting your router?

>botnet os not working
what a surprise. finish the ubuntu installation you are almost there

yeah this is my own home
I've restarted my router 4 times so far :/

Had this one once solved by removing system32 folder

Had same problem use this. It worked. Thanks user!

And you tried this in command prompt?

yeah twice
I've been at this for a while; b is kinda my last resort

You didn't set a static IP and then forget that you set it right?

I know you said you didn't change anything, but go into control panel and check that your IP add is set to be obtained automatically (via DHCP).

Once you do that, then do this in cmd prompt.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Also in cmd prompt try pinging 127.0.0.1 , If that doesn't work your network interface card is fucked

And stop messing with your router. If its working on Ubuntu, then something in Windows is the problem.

no I didn't, should I try setting one?

yeah I've done that already, pinging 127.0.0.1 works fine for whatever reason

Any changes made recently, any software installs or updates you know of?
Run cmd as admin and use these two commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

I haven't changed anything. Last night there was a Windows update that failed to install, though.
I ran those two commands and restarted, no change.
thanks for the help btw

Hmmmmm. Alright try these:
net stop dhcp
net start dhcp

And while you're at it, go ahead and set a static IP and see if that does work. I'm kind of curious now. Make sure that the IP isn't already taken

CMD:
ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Ipconfig /flushdns

OP, please provide ipconfig /all

I am thinking that your IPv4 stack is somehow bonked in Windows is trying IPv6 which is not available in your home network.

DHCP client service couldn't be stopped
not sure what static IP I should use; i set it to 192.168.2.1

gimme a sec my phone's pictures are too big for Sup Forums

did you try delete sys 32 bro ?

Assuming your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and you're on the 192.168.2.0 network, try setting to

OP what is the output of ipconfig/all

pic

ok I did that, no change

y u no default gateway?

no default gateway

based on your ip it should be 192.168.2.1

and your ip can be anything else that doesn't conflict with a computer on your network. 192.168.2.x

what should I put that to?

ight

whatever your router's IP address is.

someone has jacked around with your ip and dns settings. you can tell by the fact that you are using google dns servers rather than whatever your ISP dns servers are.

turn dhcp back on and automatically get the dns servers and you should be fine

Networks settings > adapter config > right click on your nic and select preferences > properties of ipv4

set your ip to 192.168.2.123
mask 255.255.255.0
default 192.168.2.1
DNS 8.8.8.8

nothing wrong with using google as dns

shut up, idiot

go back to telling tards to delete sys32

you're the idiot. using google usually results in faster record update propagation than local isp

:thinking:

if this works then DHCP is fucked on your router. more than likely has some cached entry or something that's causing your pc to act fucky. easiest would be a factory reset, and then manually reconfigure it.

Exactly this.
If this doesn't work
Do the bold on command prompt
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults:netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults.netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults.netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

However he pulls an IP through ubuntu

disable ipv6

Why don't you try manually configuring your IP to an address that you know isn't in use on the same subnet of your network? Then just use google or opendns for your dns

ipconfig /all states his DHCP is disabled. Delete all IPs in the network config page and enable DHCP.

if he has a shitty router that goes by hostname rather than mac then it's possible.

Other PCs on the same network can get IPs so nothing wrong with the router (I guess)

It's retards like you that keep the internet from going forward.

IPv6 is the penis of the future. Embrace it faggot.

That's because we had him set a static IP, although he kinda fucked that up seeing as he likely set it to his routers ip

Then he should note what his ip/gateway/dns is in ubuntu and manually configure that in windows 10.

op here

done, nothing

unless my router broke overnight on this installation of win10

how do I enable DHCP?

Puahah :) Sure we are the legion of shitty help desk guys

Don't go here. They're useless.

Open CMD as Admin
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset

gonna try this RN

done this 7 times so far

go to where you just set that IP address and change it to automatically obtain ip address

Just delete all entries in the network config page and select select Obtain an IP address automatically, and then select OK.

Checked'd

this is where I started

>WELL DO IT AGAIN. FAGGOT.
But actually, I hadn't read the whole thread yet, sorry. Did you do the winsock reset? Double check Internet options and make sure any malware didn't set a proxy for you? MBAM?

this is an internal network ipv6 doesn't matter

System restore and see if you have any recent restore points maybe?
Also OP, search for "Services" on your PC and try to restart DHCP that way

then something is wrong with your dhcp client on windows 10

Install Gentoo

do this

also disable and re-enable the nic (right click disable)

ok boys setting it to the IP I pulled from Ubuntu worked for 5 seconds then stopped working again

download TDSSKiller and remove the rootkit

Do the same for IPv6 as well. I suspect something also set there.

no change :(

You can't use the same IP twice on the network. Have you disconnected the Ubuntu PC?

This.

share ipconfig /all again. After DHCP enabled you should be getting something. Try:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

He's tried ipconfig several times man

do this. we need fresh data after re-enabling dhcp

tried but with static ip. May need to refresh dhcp lease after setting the dhcp back on.

am I in groundhog day

Definite entry level response.
>DHCP server won't give me a lease, better flush my DNS
>Hurrdurr

Literally retarded.

IT professional here.
If Ubuntu works and gets a lease fine, then I would reinstall nic drivers but you already did that..., and whatever the equivalent of a winsockfix is for Windows 10. Do the refresh feature. Probably easiest. .. you could set a static IP up to see if it'll communicate with that to figure out if it's DHCP causing the issue.

>2017
>using windows
>doesn't know how to fix anything

Yep, sounds about right

You are unable to get an IP from DHCP server (router) Something is blocking it. Check if you have some Firewall or any other blocking software is enabled on that PC.
169.254.x is assigned when there's no DHCP server around.

you are getting the microsoft default IP. go in to device manager, and uninstall the driver for you nic. then reboot and re-install.

thank you, captain didn't-read-the-goddamn-thread

we are all more knowledgeable for you coming and flexing your metaphorical muscles to fix the problem

nothing's blocking it

done for the 12th time, no change

>Hmm better flush the DNS that will fix his problem even though he can't get a fucking DHCP lease

Fucking entry level geek squad employees I swear.

Didn't read further than the third post down
Now I see this
Op, your router isn't able to communicate with your PC. Either an arp or DHCP issue. Reset router, and check connections. Your connections are I assume ok since Ubuntu works so it's a software or driver issue.

Install nic drivers, do a winsockfix. If those don't work refresh winblows 10.

did you right click and try troubleshooting problems?

You took the trouble to post ITT to confirm you are a dumb wiseass who can't help but like to look smart.

Before you rage, this is my fist post ITT: I can't help OP as my tech level with W10 is zero, but the sheer faggotry in your post took away my inability to respond

See

just do a system restore to a time before the windows update failed

after that, leave it on dhcp (that's the "obtain IP address automatically) and leave dns set to automatic as well

Actually, op. Post your routing table. Just for shits and gigs.

CMD
Route print

you said that when you set it to the same IP as your ubuntu pc you had internet for about 5 seconds?

hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue hardware issue

no it's not, he's pulling an IP fine with ubuntu nigger

Oh I see. Another option is checking the interface speeds. They should be Auto / Full to negotiate with the Router's interface.

not a hardware issue
I don't trust you
restore failed lul

try a different system restore point then

obviously the failed windows update caused the issue

Excuse me nigger? Google route print if you don't trust what it does you fucking imbecile.

>Spams a tech support thread on Sup Forums
>Picks and chooses which help to accept

Enjoy your sage nigger

See
, Nigger..

Sage