Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

No.

Yes.

I have zero definitive proof that he exists or doesn't. Anything is possible, right? What I don't believe in is free-will or objective morals and therefore punishment for actions. Would I sign my soul away to the devil for worldly riches and all that stuff? Fuck yeah. Without blinking an eye. It's someone's will that I do but not mine.

Not really anymore but as long as there's hope in my life the beliefs could come back

C'mon guys, explain!

/thread

No

Yes.

>I have zero definitive proof that he exists or doesn't. Anything is possible, right?
Right, right.
>What I don't believe in is free-will or objective morals and therefore punishment for actions.
Umm... what?
>Would I sign my soul away to the devil for worldly riches and all that stuff? Fuck yeah. Without blinking an eye.
Ok, understanding you again.
>It's someone's will that I do but not mine.
Wait, what? Then if you don't believe in God's will and you don't believe in free will but you believe it's someone's will, what the fuck are you talking about, my dude?

It's like you're blinking in and out of lucidity.

Since we exist humans have believed in a bigger higher creature that control forces we cant explain. Nowadays we have explain a big part of our daily life and we dont need such a thing as god. Still there are people who feel better by believing in god

I think there could be more than one God. Maybe the Devil is just as much God as God is?

Yes, i find many things unexplainable and the actual new testament morals tremendously correct

>free-will
It doesn't exist. Our world is governed by the cause and effect. It's impossible for you or me to make even minute descions that weren't caused by something else.

>Ok, understanding you again
That part wasn't meant for you

>you're blinking in and out of lucidity
C'mon, user, you're just saying that because I posted that stupid frog. I meant to post something like this.

if god is fake how did jesus walk on water?? use your brains

Extreme and sohrav are you know I didn't do shit for this unit has a fucking school in front of the house of representatives in Congress to get pulled over for

>Anything is possible, right?
Is it? Is it possible for A to be not A?
Jesus was a ninja, obviously.

As for OP, no, because I have no reason to believe that a god exists.

Obviously yes. Think about it like this, if God wasn't real you wouldn't have an opinion about God.

>if Harry Potter wasn't real you wouldn't have an opinion about Harry Potter

No.
There's just too much bad in the world for there to be an all knowing all powerful all loving God
If he's supremely powerful and loves us infinitely, why is there so much suffering?

I am completely indifferent to the idea of god existing and I have no idea why people chose to spend so much time in their limited life spans to the idea that a creator does or does exist. The fact that in the current year a persons religious beliefs or lack of, matter so much is completely fucking retarded.

I think there is a purely intellectual God (Lucifer/Satan) who strives to unmake everything the Most High has created. We take our consciousness for granted. Christ died for us and most of us still act like human animals. Most of us support Evil through our thoughts, feelings, wishes, desires, behavior, actions etc. I believe the Devil will incarnate as as human being within the next few hundred years. It would be interesting to witness the coming of the Prince of Darkness. Hopefully I will get reincarnated in a human form in time for his arrival. I believe I've prepared myself sufficiently for the coming of the Anti Christ. I've already thrown my spiritual aspirations in the garbage, and the world is too full of light for me to be happy. I would prefer if everything was dark and gloomy, an electromagnetic spiritual state cast upon the world, no more hope, no more light, pure blackness, the spirit of Christ having fled the planet. I have prepared myself for such an event and I am confident I will be absorbed into Heaven just before the world goes silent. Have fun on your dead planet retards, I'll be in Heaven enjoying all sorts of heavenly delights. I'll be fucking beautiful spirit chicks, eating delicious food and listening to a choir of angels play a hymn to the Lost World.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad

Gluttony, lust and pride are a few of your god's 7 deadly sins

Beliefs inform actions. Actions matter, therefore beliefs matter.

you don't believe in karma?

>Jesus was a ninja, obviously.
This

Sin should be embraced on an intellectual level, have you made friends with your demons?

Not him, but I don't. We observe that people who do bad things often live well and people who do good things often live poorly. The only way to settle this with karma is to believe in some sort of next life (whether it be an afterlife or reincarnation), for which there is insufficient evidence.

Atheism is like a religion. you don't have any concrete evidence that god does not exist and yet you claim there is no god. athesits base their beliefs on faith, just like any other forms of religion, except it does not teach morals, or anything that may be beneficial.

being an Atheist does not make you more clever. in fact, you are a pretty sad person.

I don't believe in God, but I'm not an Atheist.

One thing I'm sure of is that if God actually exists, he's nothing like the Christian God/Yavweh/Allah (it's the same god) that is described in the Bible, the Quran or the Torah.

Atheists are probably the most clever people on the planet. Too bad they are faggots as well.

Pic related

>mfw I'm an atheist
>mfw I don't claim there is no god
Not believing in gods doesn't mean you believe there are no gods.
>I don't believe in God, but I'm not an Atheist
Then you believe in some other god.

agnostic, aka the only sensible people on earth because they admit they do not know.

What, he could be Agnostic, dafuq you on about

no, its called being agnostic. Quit being dumb.

Get back to work Dan.

Why do Atheists hate God so much? I really don't understand...

Agnosticism is about knowledge. Atheism is about belief. Knowledge and belief are not equivalent. You can be an agnostic atheist.

this. anyone that believes or claims to know definitively the existence of god is arrogant and naïve.

Atheists don't hate God any more than you might hate King Joffrey.

that's not true. Agnosticism is a classified belief system that openly accepts that they just don't know one way or the other. How is atheism not based on knowledge? That's kind of their whole schtick, no?

Christians tried to tell me Harry Potter and Pokemon were evil when I was a kid in the 90s. Thought everything they told me was full of shit after that. A fictional character in a book is real world evil, but an invisible man who advocates murder and rape loves everyone equally and doesn't want you to jerk off.

Hitler dubz, but I do hate joffrey, poor comparison. He's a faggot

i am an atheist....maybe I can even be called a nihilist.
i don't care about god. but please don't waste my and your lifetime by trying to convert me

No, I just don't give a shit.

If God exists, cool I guess. But if doesn't exists, it wont change a thing about my life, so I don't care.

I guess I could consider myself an Agnostic, but it's more about not giving a fuck that knowing that I can't kow.

>Agnosticism is a classified belief system that openly accepts that they just don't KNOW one way or the other.
A person is an agnostic if and only if they do not know whether or not gods exist.
>How is atheism not based on knowledge?
A person is an atheist if and only if they do not believe that gods exist.
>That's kind of their whole schtick, no?
No.

k

>No, I just don't give a shit.
Then you are an atheist. You don't have to use the label, but that is what you would be to most who self-identify as atheists.

This all sounds very interesting. How do I actually join the religion of Atheism tho?

If dubs, god is real.

I guess we have our answer.

You have to sell your soul to satan
And burn in hell forever

no, that's nihilism, not atheism. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but in this context not interchangeable.

I'd like to join your cult, but what if I already sold my soul to my brother for a pack of pokemon cards?

I just started a thread asking how to sell my soul for earthly gain, any ideas? Will post results.

If you don't believe in any gods, you are an atheist. I specifically asked if he believes in any gods, and he said no, therefore he is an atheist. Whether or not he is a nihilist is irrelevant.

Then you done goof m8
Ur brother will decide your fate after death

no, he said he doesn't care. That crosses into philosophy more than metaphysical belief. You're not wrong, just didn't give the whole answer.

An atheist is convinced that God does it exist, I say that I don't know and I don't care.

Plus your reasoning is bullshit "if you don't believe in a god you're an Atheist". So what about religions without gods ? Are they Atheists ?

no, but i did see angels when i crashed my car. i saw a bunch of angels they were hot blonde girls around me. i was knocked out when i hit the tree.

Did you tried using goat blood?

Satan isn't real. I'd be in hell and my son would be alive. Fuck god.

you're an existential nihilist. Good on you.

No

no just my own. I have access to goats though.

Fucking idiots

The conversation went:
>I don't believe in God, but I'm not an Atheist.
>Then you believe in some other god.
>No, I just don't give a shit.
It's perfectly possible to be an atheist and not give a shit. I'm not even sure what we are arguing about.

Would you prefer the term non-theist or non-believer? The term atheist has become contentious and associated with obnoxious, know-it-all fedora tippers. I don't blame you for being unwilling to identify as an atheist.

>An atheist is convinced that God does it exist
False. I am an atheist and I am not convinced that gods do not exist.
>So what about religions without gods ? Are they Atheists ?
Yes. There are atheistic religions just as there are theistic religions.

yes, nihilism and atheism aren't mutually exclusive, and I think we're arguing over the blurry line that separates philosophy and religion. I can't be sure though.

Atheist = not a theist

i.e., someone who does not believe in a god

then you're not atheist. The word literally means disbelief in a god.
Closer to agnostic or secular nihilist

Yes, i love Jesus Christ

it's a big pain in the ass trying to understand how the universe was created. it takes too much time of your life and , at one point , it makes you think life has no meaning. believing in god makes things easier. helps you some times. imo ppl should spend more time enjoying life than arguing about the existence of a god.

Disbelief (n) inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real; lack of faith in something.

Not believing something is not equivalent to believing the opposite. Again, agnosticism and atheism are not mutually exclusive.

i've once heard a good saying that is scientifically provable and pretty true - life can only be created by life - just like any types of energy - can't be created , can't be destroyed , just transformed. makes you think imo

you don't think you fall closer to secular nihilism than atheism? Personally I look for anything I can to avoid calling myself atheist, lest I be lumped in with the Cheeto fingered fedora fags. But to each his own I suppose.

I think you're referring to the law of matter, that it can't be destroyed or created only altered. Never heard the life part.

>makes you think
Then you realize that "life can only be created by life" is not scientifically provable and that the laws of nature as we experience them break down as you approach the origin of the universe.

No

i should

Doesn't look that good, but I guess it sums up my way of thinking pretty well.

I guess those terms would be better, though it's not really what I meant

Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of dieties, so if you don't believe that dieties don't exists, you're not an Atheist.

I never thought of religions without gods as atheistic religions, it's quite interesting.

Dawkins is a nihilist also, you're in good company.

Secular nihilism and atheism also aren't mutually exclusive. I am a secularist and I am a nihilist (in the sense that I don't think things like the meaning of life are objective) and I am an atheist (I don't believe in gods).

I don't really care so i live my life without thinking about it

at this evolution point , it's pretty much true. we haven't discovered any ways to generate life yet , have we?

Its simple guys, consciousness is god
God is energy.
Energy never dies.

live die repeat.

Next respawn i want a space ship.
/thread

yes , sir. i can't remember where i have heard the life thingy , i've just remembered it because it sounds pretty logic.

>Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of dieties
Correct. Yay.
> if you don't believe that dieties don't exists, you're not an Atheist.
Incorrect. Boo. You can not believe that deities exist and not believe that deities don't exist at the same time.
>I never thought of religions without gods as atheistic religions, it's quite interesting.
Sure, there are plenty of them. UFO religions for instance.

fair enough.

Yes

>we haven't discovered any ways to generate life yet , have we?
No, but we also haven't discovered some prior life from which life on earth originated. The correct stance in such a case is to say "I don't know."

yeah, but I don't worship him, he's a fag

hah , i can only agree with you on this one . it just makes my life easier not askin myself so many questions. may we live long enough to find out the truth