Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Lisbon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shut up De Oliveira.

j'ai un nom francais

heureusement que je suis a moitié normal

Yes, this country is a shit.

I gess I got super powers now, watch out you fools if you mess with me I'm gonna make you smaller than toaster.

So froggy did you mess with Lusitain wizards or something?

I agree. Portugal is shit.

lol you have to back to where you belong. unless you're already a dirty mudslime, in that case we don't want you back.

I like Portugal. I think they should stay

If you dont think Portugal is a great nation, you need to get a life RIGHT NOW and stop sucking penises.

Fuck you, you cunt.
Portugal is one of the best countries in the world.

We're germanic/suebi

why does portoguese sound llike romanian

Assuming you have a Porto mum or dad then who cares? You probably speak two great languages, have familiarity to two great cultures and cuisines.

Why are you on a Okinawan comic forum bitching about your life?

Kek'd.

Brother should either be Galicia or Brazil

Natural enemy should be a roach, and friendly rival should be Spain.

Kek, I feel you bro. I'm of Galician and Portuguese descent and a fucking manlet as well (171cm). On top of that, I'm somewhat swarthy too (not as much as North Africans ofc), although that's not necessarily a bad thing, as women seem to prefer my skin tone.

At least I'm quite handsome tho, European girls seemed to like my med looks.

Get fucked frog, greatest ally is great.

>Not being from the North
>Not having a bit of mix blood of a shitload of Euros who came by these lands for the 180cm+ combobreaker

Even high school kids these days are 180+ for the most part, what's your excuse lmao.

MAKE FRANCE GREAT AGAIN

I love portugal

I'm not surprised.

If only Aveques could vote for the French elections Le Pen would win by a landslide.

Wtf I love Norte Porto now

Of course you do.

Who doesn't.

Short Southerners?

Yes.

Memewise they never stood a chance.

But reality is even worse these days. Everybody talked up here how Lisbon was this huge capital and you see all the actors on the telenovelas and you think Lisbon is really cool.
Then you visited and people think you are from Ireland or France and treat you like a tourist.
I only hate Lisbon because of that, being treated like a foreigner in my own capital.

>my own capital.

Kek u need to be a "gimbras" if u expect to mingle along the Lx crowd.

ola, o meu nome e joao almeida.
obrigado adeus

I'm kinda feel the same way. Where I live in Northern California there are tons of short mexicans/Asians and I tower above everyone else. It makes find clothes hard sometimes because no one has my size. Always getting asked if I play basketball gets annoying,

I feel right at home in the Midwest with all the tall Germanic/Scandi diaspora.

obrigado pelo meme das bolas portugal

Bah. I took the "you don't look Portuguese" shit by various Lisboetas back home and felt kinda insulted honestly. I always viewed myself as Portuguese by looks.

Can't even imagine how you feel with the mexicans, dudes are almost manlet tier.

As for me I'm not even that tall, about 184cm, I would be average say in The Netherlands.

Portugal is cute

U should only be offended if they say u look Ukrainian, by this they imply u have ridiculous sense of fashion, bad hairstyle, or ur facial features are repulsive.

>by this they imply u have ridiculous sense of fashion, bad hairstyle, or ur facial features are repulsive.

GOD DAMN SOUTHERNERS.

Can you stop acting like a special snowflake?Lisbon is a city full of tourists,you can be a black guy,chinese guy,portuguese looking,whatever,people will always double check if you're a foreigner because that's just how Lisbon and Porto is.
Truly nobody cares if you're nordic looking or black looking,the approach is the same.
You're seriously making me angry with you pointless observations and I live in the North(Porto district,not the city).
Lisbon is the most developed region/district in Portugal,with the highest GDP per capita and overall better infrastructures.
Sure,it has immigrants from all over the world and it's just like Paris,London,Madrid in a kinda multicultural way(which is honestly,not that much).
Drop that unfunny meme.
The only worthless region in Portugal is Alentejo,Algarve serves its purpose on summer but Alentejo is just there...

Fake Northerner, pls ignore.

Porto people these days are worse than they were 10 , 5 years ago.

Portuguese history it's pretty awesome

Oh please,Portugal is not like Spain or Italy,we do not,and I repeat,we do not blame other parts of our country.
Sabias que o norte e o centro são as regiões do país com o PIB per capita mais baixos do País?
Algarve e Açores são as regiões mais ricas...
Btw,devo lembrar-te que Lisboa foi conquista e povoada pelos crusados ingleses,frances,noruegueses da segunda crusada?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Lisbon

the father of Portugal should be Leon or Asturias. The same goes for Castilla.

It was a big Russian doll of vassalage, since it was Leon > Galicia > Portugal, where the kings were from Burgundy.

So they just chose the Portucalense county, which was what we was inside Galicia inside Leon, before our first king fought his mother.

We never had that flag, so it fits, since it was our first king's father's flag. We started with the Finnish flag with white dots on top.

>Lisbon full of tourists

Yeah I'm Lisboeta and ppl still ask me if I'm Italian.
The secret to look the part is to dress in black and not making eye contact with anyone then everyone will think your based lisbon

Stérilise-toi

Lmao.

Que anjinho que tu és.~

Todas as frases que foram ditas foram literalmente meme tier.

>All this discussion around the regions
Kek. The funniest thing is I once read people from the Vale do Tejo really used to be the shortest in the country although I'm pretty sure modern breakdowns of regional height data do not exist.

As for the role of each region in the country and how it has interacted with the central government, we have had this discussion so many times already, pretty much all objective facts and sources have been posted by now. I don't even know what is left to discuss, most disagreements are caused by southerners and even northerners denying objective facts at times.

Thank you Canada. If only Portugal could be destroyed and build back by the old Portuguese. Alas, that cannot be done.

> Mfw I learned Portugal has the oldest bookstore in the world.

BRAVO PORTUGAL

>Portugold

Foda-se Caralho

Also the prettiest. Checked.

this

Que Linda. Why is Portugal so underappreciated?

Do you have a favourite place in your city?

Me deixa em paz

Os olhos não se cruzam

Not relevant enough.

I do actually, even the fact that it looks like utter trash is somehow fitting because it reminds my that while my city built itself from the ground in the last 10 years, there is still a lot of poverty and people starve every day not far from here.

One day not too long in the future this will be an expensive touristy spot but people not far from me will still be starving.

It also has a special symbolism for the city and the region, because the largest salvos of artillery of the Liberal forces were fired from here during the Portuguese Civil War, the last major regional conflict within the country where the Liberal North ended up crushing the Absolutist South and expelling the ruling bloodline, which was major news across all of Europe although for obvious regions is very played down here.

It's definitely my favorite place in the city.

complexo de vira-lata (?)

é impossível um brasileiro gostar de portugal ou quê

t. jean-philippe alberto barbosa

Lulz
Or
t. João Pedro Papin

dude, GDP per capita is based on the cash flow of the HQ of companies (which generaly is in a big city and not the factory or the suppply chain) and divided by population of said region (I won't even touch the sizes of the regions, because we all know why it is like that)
only a retard wouldn't think that algarve and açores (the lowest in population density and with strong seasonal economies) would top the list.
go check the comercial balance by region (I believe the data for 2011 is the best we have) and then come back. The data will enlighten how bad things are (were).

se quiseres um tl;dr:
lisboa e responsavel por mais de 50% das importaçoes mas apenas 20% das exportacoes (a que ter em conta que as importaçoes sao ligeiramente inflacionadas por causa de certos sectores economicos i.e importacao de petroleo)

norte e centro com a balança positiva, com o norte a liderar (mas estagnado) e o centro a crescer bem (relembro que era 2011). Ainda assim nao chega a meia missa para tapar o buraco de lisboa (note-se que isto nao sao contas do estado, o defice em lisboa é por causa de ser a capital e ser dominada por sector terciario)

o resto do pais nao consegue fazer um impacto relevante que chegue nas contas gerais para se dizer bem ou mal (estamos a falar de

Pá puta que te pariu, avéque de merda.
No one likes avéques, literally our chicanos.

neguinho detected

178cm tall here

I could kill every lanket ITT barehands

Fds moro no Porto há 7 anos e nunca aí fui. Tenho de ver se dou lá um salto

A really great way to point out how stupid the "muh GDP" argument is, is to point out that by that logic sandnogs in araybia are reaping the fruits of their own labor.

The truth is that when you introduce enough distortions to a market economy GDP becomes a meaningless metric to evaluate success. If Portugal wasn't the most economically and politically centralized 1st world country and one of the most centralized overall that would allow the markets to return to their natural levels.

If I'm allowed to be very politically incorrect, I believe a good proxy for what the regional GDP would be if there was absolutely no centralism, which is an idyllic and impossible situation, are the 12th grade national exam results (they are fair unlike school "medias" and a lot more general in scope than the 11th grade ones which allows IQ to have more of an influence on the results than studying; the less culture specific a test the better a proxy it is for IQ), which would make the North and northern Center the richest regions in the country, in this order, and way down there you'd find Lisbon. The regional balance of trade also really does suggest Lisbon is operating at GDP levels way, way above it's natural level.

Oh, and this is without factoring in the historic brain drain and overall population drain to Lisbon, and to a lesser extent Porto, which should also be reversed since those are people that were forced to move because the concept of a functional state never reached their regions despite the fact that they were taxpayers who also had no proper representation.

Solving this issue by getting people out of Lisbon and to a lesser extent Porto is absolutely unfeasible though so extra intra-country wealth transfers should also apply as compensation.

Kek, não moro no Porto e até eu já lá fui. Pena o cheiro a mijo though não sei porque é que o outro user gosta tanto.

t. Pedagogy NEET's

the problem is that people no longer are in either porto or lisboa, but the feeder towns (i.e rio tinto or Valongo for porto). The cities themselves are half-empty shells of both poverty and upper class, with the working class being in the suburbs

even if we could decentralize, it would take several decades of dedicated effort and the results wouldn't be satisfactory because services love big cities and we are killing our industry like it's nothing (we've been doing that since the 80's).
In fact, the only reason porto has had so much power within our country is because porto has the financial sector as bait for everything else, otherwise there wouldn't be that much of a diference to the other "big" centres

bravo chile!

Well actually I'm an economics student and I'm used to reading a mountain of tax codes and charts so analyzing these things is trivial in comparison.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
This is a much better measure of what HDI is trying to tell us and unsurprisingly Portugal is completely above Chile.

>economy student

Desculpa não sabia que vinhas aqui Mariana

That's why the concept of a metropolitan area is so important though.

I'm not suggesting we decentralize in population terms as in actively keep sending people back to the interior, that would be ludicrous. Rather, population should stop leaving and maybe a couple thousands could move back if economic and political decentralization occurs.

I would also disagree, the reason why Porto holds some power (you vastly overestimate the power it has, almost nothing outside of Lisbon has power here) is because it is at the center of the most populated region in the entire country, the district alone which is where I live has basically the same amount of people in the same area as the Lisbon district.

Ya.. tentaste mano.

Why did the portuguese fuck up east timor so bad? Literally worse than anything brits ever did.

Portuguese presence there was barely felt throughout the country's history. Timor is what happens when a land of savages manages to escape de facto colonization, in that it's the same shithole it has always been and probably will ever be.

>chilíndios

>you vastly overestimate the power it has, almost nothing outside of Lisbon has power here
the city council of porto has low enough debts to not kiss the ring, that's why they (we?) have Rui Moreira there now and not the PSD candidate (which will lose again). The financial sector in porto ensured (and still does) a contigency in case shit goes south (as it did in the past).
elsewhere I am aware you have to bow to the orders from lisboa, i'm from one of those crazy in debt municipalities (not too far from porto even) where party candidate wins before even the votes being counted.

blame the aussies, not us. We actually had to kick them out (with the gracious help from CPLP) so that they didn't turn timor into a africa tier dictatorship-monarchy hybrid
we still have paramilitary presence there, just in case

just to add, if porto didn't have the kind of power it has, they would have had Marco Antonio Costa and his ilk (very much like gaia, rio tinto, valongo, paredes, and many others I don't know of in particular)
thankfuly he now has lisboa in his sights

All the Portugal threads have the same patterns.

We have a few tugas saying WE IZ WHITE N SHIET then some BRs saying that Brazil is a Nordic Utopia while Portugal is overrun by moors.

At some point some butthurt northerners start shitting on Lisbon and then that one American portuboo shows up.

Wasn't Rui Rio (PSD) the one who managed the financial voodoo to reduce the debt to manageable levels in the first place? I don't know much about Rui Moreira but I'm studying in Porto and apparently one of my Uni's teachers is running for the hall and already pointed out numbers are deteriorating there.
And I'm from the district, not even the AMP.

But the thing is those are all circumstantial things, things like the financial industry are a consequence of the simple fact that Porto has always had a far more intelligent smart-fraction than Lisbon and even to this day after centuries of Lisbon stealing the best minds of the entire country the AMP still has a considerably larger smart-fraction than the AML does.

I wouldn't exactly describe what Rui Moreira has as power though, he was powerless to stop TAP from artificially exhausting the Lisbon airport despite hundreds of millions of yearly losses so they would get another one. He is annoying to them but they can easily ignore him.

lisboa vs portugal war is a staple to our discussions, it's impossible not to, you only need 1 (one) smug (or just downright arrogant) lisboeta to trigger everyone else

BRs are 50:50 in WE WUZ

I already pointed that out here Keep in mind butthurt just makes you look like a retard since we actually have a point.

I'm tired of discussing this and I have collected a lot of statistical data but the threads always degenerate into this.

>you only need 1 (one) smug (or just downright arrogant) lisboeta to trigger everyone else
I've only seen one lisboeta on here ever.

What even is the dividing line for the north? I have a friend from Lisbon who insists that Coimbra is still central Portugal but I've met people from Coimbra who are convinced they're Nortenhos.

One interesting fact about Portugal is that their system of African slavery in colonial Brazil was far more brutal than ours. Slaves died much more often and needed to be constantly shipped over from Africa because they did not reproduce at growth levels under such harsh conditions (in contrast to America, where the African slave trade was not necessary to supply the expanding slave agriculture).

>height data

What the fuck.

I only spent time in "moorish territory" but the only thing I noticed with height is that the older dudes were short as fuck (even next to me, and I'm 170 cm), probably from shit nutrition during Estado Novo.