Why haven't you served in the military yet Sup Forums?

Why haven't you served in the military yet Sup Forums?

Because I'm not poor or stupid or idealistic.

Too fat

>implying I havent

I'm not poor, stupid or idealistic either and I did 8 years

I don't want to be Israel's bitch.

Didn't realize you had to be smart and in shape.

Hate the country.

The cheap fuckers dropped most of the ROTC scholarships when Iraq started costing money, so between that and being talked down to by a recruiter for not applying to the Academy instead, I was like "fuck it" after my application got no serious funding response.

Well I guess I was wrong then.

Oh, then I considered applying again mid-college after dropping varsity sports, but at that time Iraq turned out to be a fake war, so my friends (including the fucking hypocrites who voted for Bush in 2004 because apparently being Pro-Life trumps all other sense of ethical responsibility) talked me out of it.

I'm actually in the process of applying now.

Australian here. Got any other Aus/NZ people on here?

My life is going far too well to throw it away like that. Besides if I was going to fight I'd want to fight for something worth fighting for and the fact is the last time the U.S. military was doing the right thing was the Civil War, and that's only Union troops.

09 iraq / 12 afg here Army vet. Best thing I ever did man.

Because I am a dual citizen of Canada and Germany, two extremely cucked countries. Would join if a nationalist party ever won though

>I did 8 years
I love how it always sounds like a prison sentence

Did.

Sucked.

Tried at 23 but got medically separated at boot camp

My contract was for the nuclear field in the Navy, a path I always wanted to try since high school.

Oh well, doing other stuff now. Respect always to those who were able to actually serve

You kill any/many?

It is weirdly similar to a prison sentence.

"How much time do you have left?"
"How long have you been in?"
"I'm gonna fuck you till you love me."

Its all very similar.

got in 3 firefights in afg. Nothing but IDF/ IED's in Iraq. No confirmed kills unfortunately.

*citation needed*

I heavily considered it when I was around 16/17; this was pre 9/11 too. Also considered being a cop.
Realized my desires to do either were because I'm a sadist & subconsciously aspire to be a serial killer when I finally grow up.

Cause I'm not a patriot.
I prefer to use my intellect to benefit society than to destroy other's societies.

This.

Quads, and, given the post, eerily relevant.

"Blanket Party" just doesn't have the same meaning anymore...

Just neckbeard things

Yeah, your "intellect" is really benfitting society. What do you do?

fuck you yankee fuck
the south will rise again

And a fedora tip to you as well, good sir.

Just a personal preference. I'd rather not get yelled at and then shot at.

Shut up hillbilly.

You couldn't make it through Navy boot camp? Were you a double amputee and no one at MEPS noticed?

am gonna try as soon as i move to murrica, i ain't dying for my shit country.

People who don't serve their country don't deserve to live in it

Kek works in mysterious ways.

I have. Any other questions?

No military service member alive has ever served their country.

Agreed. We need a system like South Korea or Israel. People would respect their own country more

Oh. Ok

Well I carried my rifle and dangled my balls out in Iraq as infantry, that doesn't count?
Sorry I didn't do enough for you, fucking faggot ass bitch

Because here in Sweden that requires top grades and excellent health.
I'm a dumb shit with a busted left ear and a bum knee.

I think you mean north korea

Really wish I could.

I was in for 8 years.

I'll say that I was never shot at, but I did have a depressingly large number of my own countrymen do their damnest to ruin me to advance their own career.

They knew that most people who get kicked out either kill themselves, become a part of the depressingly large number of homeless veterans, or end up on the verge of both of those back where they joined to get out of.

They knowingly did their level best to kick me out under the pretense that when I was kicked out I would kill myself.

For doing nothing wrong mind you. I did everything I was told to do to the best of my ability, but was caught in a technicality (was misled by a civilian working in the finance dept).

The power they give you over the lives of others is shit, when compared to the training they give those people before handing over the reins to those lives.

No. South Korea has a compulsory military service.

>Navy boot camp

When I heard that part of the training included being submerged in ice cold water for extended periods I changed my sights to army/af.

Then in college I actually did get accidentally submerged in ice water and due to delayed rescue nearly got hypothermia. It actually felt like a warm bath going in. Coming out of course was horrible, and in the 15 minute ride back naked (no emergency blankets) in the rescue boat felt like I could pass out at any time from pain.

It only works if your nation is under a real and perceivable threat. The US is not such a country.

>that doesn't count?
No, it doesn't. You're a modern day sellsword who has convinced himself he's a patriot. I'll bet you think you were in Iraq protecting our freedom too.

Lots of countries do. None like NK though.

I dont want to die
Especially since i have no idea why were at war anyways in the first place

Well thanks for your service Sup Forumsro. I'd buy you a drink

I don't doubt you busted your ass user, but did it really benefit your country as whole, and not a selected elite?

>No confirmed kills unfortunately.
Why do you feel the need to mention this? Did you join to kill people?

Oh really?

That isn't a deficiency. Any human would have that response.

NIGGER!
i dont want some fucking idiot in D.C telling me what to do or how i am to live my life .
the state i live in should make the laws and rules of that state and it alone . fuck a central govrn. not the way shit was ment to run . salvery would have never lasted , civil war was fought bc the south know that the north was going to come and tell how to run state . aka not minding there fucking biz .
rebel yell .
fuck the north . look at how great baltimore turn out ...

As someone with multiple members of my family in special forces, this mentality is completely fucked. I hope you understand one day.

My fucking blood disorder prevents me from joining any part of the military

>Israel
hahaha not unless you are far right super conservative. most people feel like they had to waste time not aquirring sheckles and develop drug problems. If anything most people learn to feel ashamed of what they're doing.
most of us go to india to do lsd and forget we were ever there

>civil war was fought bc the south know that the north was going to come and tell how to run state
This is what rural trash are taught about the Civil War. This is what rural filth actually believe.

It doesn't matter what you think about me. I was there, for better or worse

Bush was a fucking moron too imo

Faggot

i help niggers . kills all native americans .
and the niggers didnt see change for another 100 yrs . black were still treated like shit by north .

I guess I was just trying to grow up

Why else would you join?
I didn't join the infantry to be nice to people....

>Bush was a fucking moron too imo
I see you have that in common with him.

I dont know

And this is admirable, how?

Sure.

Quad god

>selected elite
lmao wake up kid
twas arguably ever since before the dawn of state-based warfare
'arguably' but not convincingly so
your self-serving pol fantasies are showing

I was only referring to compulsory military service. Not any other facet of their politics system

Because I don't feel like it and they don't let you do drugs in the military.

I did, for about three weeks. Then they realised there'd been a mistake with my medical.
That disqualified me for my first choice, but I could have gone for another trade (MoS).

Maybe, looking back, I should have. But at the time, I was fucking crushed. I'd lost 20lbs to get into shape, and while I wasn't outstandingly fit, I met the requirements, which was a huge improvement from where I started. I ended up in hospital twice with training injuries too. And after all that, to be told my hearing was just below the required threshold... Well, I couldn't bring myself, after all that, to settle for a second choice. As pathetic as it may sound, I just wanted to go home and stuff my face with things the PTI would disapprove of.

Because I give no shits about neither my country nor the people who live in it.

Try harder.

You're welcome cunt

sadbaiter sadbaiting

Yes, because unless the conscripts feel that they have an actual purpose, they will grow resentful. Nobody wants to serve "just because".

Slavery was certainly a big part of it, but to deny the power of the federal govt vs. the state govt as not being one of the issues is pretty ignorant of you.

>that doesn't count?

I mean, you're getting paid to invade and defend a country on the other side of the world. Bearing arms in that situation was about as much a contribution to national security and stability as helping in the Red Cross, or being a journalist, or even just visiting the Middle East as a tourist and taking time to see and meet ordinary people.

It's very different from serving your country in its own security. It plays a role, but it's not the same thing.

I did

I plan to as soon as possible.
All I'm good for

That is a legitimate reason. Not the poster you're replying to, but that was my reason. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was an insufferable shithead with no respect for anyone or anything, spoiled brat basically. Army straightened me out

I actually just quit doin drugs to join. Soon I'll go to the recruiters and sign my ass up. I've been wanting to go for a long time.

I don't like the uniforms, they're too bland.

Well, then we can agree that you did not serve your country by joining the Army.

I let everyone fight my wars for me since i can remember. Call it spineless, but the truth of the matter is that it's smart.

I am still in the Army. About to deploy again in the next few days.

please explain .nigger

I don't deny that the federal government v state governments had something to do with it. I deny the narrative that the war was provoked by the federal government. The states of the rebellion started the war, and they ultimately got some of what the deserved. I personally believe that the Union was far too forgiving of such treason.

every 1 american soldier dead = a happy day

There's a lot of little cunts on here talking shit about vets. I have to wonder how they would act in real life

dear special kids:
civil war was fought over econ variances: industrial vs. agrarian- slavery's role; the state's role in controlling profitability of same.

Nobody said it was. Just something that has to be done, you don't want to do it you don't join.

Flat feet, bad knees.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me, but I wasn't implying the "muh" jews Sup Forums boogeyman.

Good luck. Don't piss off your NCOs

8 years also. Thank you for your service.