Hello, Sup Forums

Hello, Sup Forums

I'm a 24 year old single male and I'll be going on vacation to New York City for about a week next month.

I'm getting an airbnb in the University Heights section, on West 183rd street, is this a good area?

I have a general idea of what I want to do (go to meseums, parks, eat, experience nightlife, etc.), but I would like some recommendations as well as miscellaneous pointers.

Any restaurants or bars in particular that you really like? This is a bit of a long shit, but it would be awesome if I could get laid. I'm not counting on it, of course.

>bit of a long shit
take a laxative

oops meant to say "long shot"

you gotta check out the food in Hunts Point. There's also an awesome pizzerie on west 34th and Mermaid Ave. in Coney Island

what kind of food in hunts point? And are you sure there's a west 34th st? google maps shows that it skips between 33rd and 35th, I guess to avoid confusion with Manhattan's 34th st?

my bad, I thought it was 34th. I always keep thinking it's somewhere in the lower 30's, just walk down Mermaid past 30th, it's on a corner. Forgot the name but the pizza is killer. And all kinds of food in hunts point, tons of ethnic restaurants.

unfortunately it seems like Hunts Point is quite a hike from where I'm staying

but I'm sure there are closer places in The Bronx with a lot of ethnic food.

D train to last stop in Brooklyn for the pizza, hour ride

That's a shit neighborhood, see if you can get something around 145th and broadway, hunts point, crown heights

aren't those also kinda shitty?

only an hour? I thought it would be more than that

this. don't just stay in manhattan all week, and god help you if you go anywhere near times square. you gotta explore the boroughs man, and the less beards and flannel you see the better. for Brooklyn, you gotta visit Flatbush, Bushwick, and Coney.

look Imma break it down for you.

Bronx: niggers and spics.
Manhattan: Old white people, niggers, and spics.
Brooklyn: hipsters, niggers, spics, chinks, sandniggers, slavs, guidos, and shitskin colors of all hues.
Queens: spics
Staten island: Cops.

Coney Island is definitely worth checking out in the daytime

At night either the LES, Williamsburg, or Bushwick

That is Harlem

YO
WHAT WEEK MY HOMESLICE

Way too simplified

Bronx: Niggers, spics, crackers in some parts
Manahttan: Crackers, spics, niggers, chinks
Brooklyn: Crackers, Hipster Crackers, Spics, Niggers, Chinks, Towelheads, Kikes
Staten Island: Racist crackers, some niggers, spics, and chinks in the Northern part
Queens: Crackers, Niggers, Spics, Chinks, Curryniggers

not even close

1. That is The Bronx, not Manhattan
2. Harlem ends at 155th st

Not simplified enough
Bronx: I just
Manhattan: Want to
Brooklyn: Fucking move
Staten Island: Out of
Queens: This shithole

after 31 years in this city, I'm ready to tap out.

do you think you'll be better off in the middle of Kanas where there's nothing to do except sniff cow farts and do meth?

I was thinking of a middle ground. Nashville, maybe. Or Dallas. Or yeah, somewhere with no one around for miles because I am literally a minimum of 4 feet away from a person at all times and I hate people now. I hear more noise in an afternoon than I would elsewhere in a month. I just want quiet. Also, reasonably priced realestate.

If you go by plane, you could check Ground Zero.

are you antisocial?

also you pretty much need a car in those cities

twrnty somethig blocks is close enough for me

everyone here is antisocial by necessity. when you have to deal with a million people a day, you need to be able to shut those people out when you're packed like sardines on a train and some dudes dick is literally in your face. Or when there's a chimpout on a bus. walk down 4th ave in Park Slope and see how many times you get asked for change. Ever been around a large density of chinese people? After a certain time, it gets unbearable and you just want peace. I'll gladly invest in a car if it means I can have a 2 story house with a garage and back yard for 250k

nah, people are quite social actually once their work day ends

see all the people unwinding at night

All I'm saying is, don't buy into the bullshit. It's a great place to visit, but don't stay. God help you, your wallet, sense of self worth, creativity, and tolerance for people and their bullshit if you stay.

my feeling is you be in your apartment only to sleep, the only place nearby worth checking out is the cloisters museum, you be spending most of your time mid town or down town...the city is very safe now in days even in Washington heights/ inwood the place you be staying at....oh and golden girls café opened up near by lol

Been in new york 25 years and yes its a great place to visit but a crappy place to live in...and I'm the lucky ones: I live rent free in a home mom and dad left me....no way in hell I pay 1500 rent to live in mini studio in the city

Dude I'm from the Bronx. Stay out of hunts point unless you like diseased prostitutes and crack. University heights is pretty ok. Lots of hipsters and Dominicans. Personally my favorite spots are downtown in the east village. Definitely check out the village.

Fuck new York. Come to California, just avoid the fag areas and u will have a good time

Go to a Barcade if you wanna meet a cutie gamer waifu. I've done pretty well there.

And definitely check out a comedy club. The comedy cellar is the shit and the stand is pretty good too. Best comedy clubs in the country. Fuck California and their sitcom comics

There are hipsters in University Heights?

And yeah East Village and LES are cool, must sees for both locals and tourists who like bars

For some reason I thought the Barcades would be massive sausagefests. Which of the 3 locations do you think has the most girls?

I like the one on St Marks the best. There are a surprising amount of chicks there on a Friday and Saturday night. St Marks place is a really interesting time regardless. There's all sorts of shit to do late night over there. And yes the hipsters are starting to move into university heights. It's not as much as Williamsburg but it should end up like that in a few years. And if you're into sports and shit check out the big sports complex at Chelsea piers. All you gotta do is shoot down the west side highway and you're there in 15 minutes. You can spend a whole day there easily. The driving range is cool as shit.

University Heights is one of the cheapest neighborhoods in the city so that makes sense. It's still not even cheap in comparison to other US cities, but it beats paying 2000 a month to live in hipsterville.

And yeah St. Mark's, but also the other streets around there, especially Avenue A, are cool. I usually have a real good time when I hang out there.

And I'm surprised that chicks go there, I'll check out Barcade next time in the EV.