I hate the guitar?

I am a white male like all the rest of you fucks but I'm having an issue. I dont really like the sound of the electric guitar. I listened to a lot of hip-hop growing up and my parents played rock and bluegrass and shit. Now that I'm trying to branch out I have ran into this problem. Whenever I hear the sound of an electric guitar on a song I just get turned off man. It seems to me that hip-hop instrumentals are much more varied, especially nowadays, in their instrumentation and sound than any rock. Electric guitar usually sounds pretty similar to me, although some do manage to vary it like pic related. I don't hate all rock music its just harder for me to get into albums because of this. Am I autistic for this? No

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EeuvZOEOaGw
youtube.com/watch?v=3VoWc3yypHs
youtu.be/5DYy4EGd5to
youtube.com/watch?v=mOUambXMXTY
youtube.com/watch?v=lt50r25Drrc
youtu.be/kkGkfKO71i0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you sound pretty autistic
it's just another fucking instrument dude, listen to the music and don't worry about what's making it

>Am I autistic for this? Yes

Gilmour is pretty much the GOAT when it comes to good, TASTEFUL guitar playing.
If you're open minded there's some wild stuff out there that you might like though.

youtube.com/watch?v=EeuvZOEOaGw

Sorry, but you sound like you're probably a cuck.

OP here to say up yours. Just cause I don't nut in my pants when I hear the sound of droning guitars doesn't make me a autistic cuck. My point is that I want to listen to and appreciate the music, but the sound of the instrument gets in the way because its not varied and its not the most pleasant sound either.

yeah i actually enjoy stuff like this or hendrix as well cause it doesn't just sound the same.

Why not try something where the guitar doesn't take centre but the lyrics do? Bob Dylan for example, listen intently to the lyrics and treat the guitar as background noise only.

>music needs to be constantly changing to be entertaining

You don't sound like an autistic cuck you sound like a 5 year old.

Yeah I like stuff like that and other singer songwriter or acoustic shit, thats why i specified electric guitar

nice strawman, fuckhead. I was clear that I can still enjoy it, just that its not a sound that I like very much and when its the dominant part of like every song in a genre and doesn't change up its sound very often I have a harder time enjoying that music. You sound more like a 5 year old given you can't understand nuance in a statement.

>hip-hop instrumentals are much more varied
>Electric guitar usually sounds pretty similar to me

This thread HAS to be bait

>strawman
>logical fallacies in general

you're just like every british kid in love with his bleep bloops and all the wonderful ways they can be used to sound like shitty versions of real instruments. hip hop is one of the most stagnant popular music genres.

With modern tech guitars can make so many sounds it is insane. Some of the Windows startup sounds were played by Fripp, for instance. Even before he had that tech, he was making interesting sounds and playing in a way that you probably aren't associating guitars with. And that is just one guitarist. That is, you probably don't like the amped and distorted sound of guitars that is found in most rock paired with the blues-rooted-style of playing. I feel the same way.

Theres a lot of guitars being incorporated into hip-hop/r&b lately. OP do you not fucking know a fucking guitar when you hear one?

Kendrick Lamar - Humble, Pride,Feel, Lust, XXX, Fear, Most of to pimp a butterfly, Bitch don't kill my vibe,Sing about me, money trees,
Beyonce - Most of lemonade
Frank Ocean - most of blonde and channel orange

OP probably only has heard alt rock, blues based rock, and some other hard rock maybe.

jesus fucking christ lol can you guys not read? I said ELECTRIC guitar. I don't know the exact term for what I'm talking about, probably what was talking about. I don't hate all guitar or even most of it.

all of his examples use electric guitar, lol

are you referring to distortion?

Like I said, I don't know exactly the term to use. Basically thinking of the type thats used mainly in rock music, and the way its used

also I'm fairly certain humble is piano

If you can get into metal there's a huge variation of tones and techniques instead of the same bland clean guitar leads

The Intro of the song and the background ambience building up right before the chorus.

Holy fuck it just clicked. A lot of rappers use guitars in their songs.
WTF

youtube.com/watch?v=3VoWc3yypHs

Like can you seriously not enjoy the guitar playing on this song OP?

>I dont really like the sound of the electric guitar.
That's ok.
It just means you're gay. You will one day learn to accept your faggotry.

youtu.be/5DYy4EGd5to
Simply put, you just haven't found the right albums.
Listen to the link, you may find new hope in electric geetars

thats hardly the sort of thing I'm talking about in this post. like i said, i definitely like touches of it, and those are good touches.

This isn't exactly what I was was talking about, and its a nice song, but I don't see anything super special about the instrumentation. I can enjoy it though, if you read my post you'd see I said its just a turn off that i have to get through

thanks. I like this. It's not really what I was talking about, but this is a good example of the sort of guitar music i do enjoy

Also Kyuss will change your mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=mOUambXMXTY

OP bitch don't kill my vibe.
The guitar literally dominates the song.

OP you should give Radiohead a try.

I listen to a variety of hard rock and metal, believe me man guitars can get annoying. It's because the instrument can make such a variety of sounds. You gotta find a guitarist you like a or distortion tone you like. There is plenty you'd like, just gotta find em.

this is the way it's going to be. Ppl lose appreciation for guitar playing & just listen to ear candy noises produced in a studio

this is good advice op. Maybe you like shoegazy guitars, or black metal guitars, or clean, reverby surf guitars... just gotta find a band with a tone you enjoy.

anons should say that regarding rap music but here we are

guitar as a main instrument in songs in long gone its like a backround thing

guitar is dead rock is dead sorry to remind you

its 2017

youtube.com/watch?v=lt50r25Drrc
Here you go OP, some instrumental hip-hop that's making use of an electric guitar. You can skip the opener.

Play the drums and live in a high temperature place. Blacks are a tropical people, and the wiggers that love them do too.

Rock died in the 1970's, desu.

No no no u silly cuck, he's looking for stuff like this
youtu.be/kkGkfKO71i0

>Hip-hop instrumentation is more varied
DAW isn't an instrument. At this point I'm not even sure if this is low key Kanye or whoever you might be shilling for or you're just 12. I'm past the point of getting mad, I'm just interested to see how low is this board truly capable of going.

>although some do manage to vary it like pic related
Dorian scale in a rock context is what you'd call varied? I think I'm 90% sure now that you're actually 12. And this is coming from someone who loves David Gilmour's playing.

Not even him, but:
>strawman
>logical fallacies in general

What is this? How does calling everyone you disagree with an idiot do anything to the discusssion you might be having?

>Guitar music
I... Either way, hard rock guitar solos are too much for you but no wave and noise rock, which are so far removed from conventional rock guitar sound are "pleasant"? You may be one of the worst shitposters on this board.

Interesting cause black people popularized the electric guitar.

Anyway maybe it's not for you. More likely you're listening to music that isntnfor you. Go listen to some Kid A and later Radiohead

>memeiohead
>laughing_whores.png

You're gonna need to do better than that, no one here is falling for that.

>guitar
>multitude of tones, play styles, timbre (average rappist doesn't know what this is, move along), and nearly endless melodic ability
>rap music
>hmmmm these snares and kick drums are getting stale, let's compress the shit out of them so they sound overproduced to shit

I can see what you mean op, people seem to be quite overly-defensive of rock. If you weren't used to hearing the little differences between styles of rock then it's harder to distinguish them. Just as if you played my mum a Quasimoto track and then a Kanye track, she would say they both sounded the same, simply because it's hip-hop.

I'd say listen to a wide range of genres first, so harder rock like Black Sabbath, alt rock like OK Computer, folk rock like Bob Dylan. That way you get a broader picture. I'm also going to recommend you Soft Machine's first album as well just because it's a banger

>I'm also going to recommend you Soft Machine's first album as well just because it's a banger
Wow, I'm impressed, although hard rock is way over OP's head, if he actually bothers to listen to Soft Machine of all bands, I don't think he'll be impressed. Either way, he's most likely baiting.

Besides the fact that you shouldn't really care that much about irrelevant shit as what instrument is being used to create a type of music, and the fact that I shouldn't be trying to convince you, it doesn't seem to me like you've listened to a lot of "guitar" music at all, which btw is really bizarre to me. There is not just one "electric guitar sound" and it's not just classic 70's dad rock solos, electric guitar really is possibly the most versatile instrument ever made, there is a fucking reason why it's been literally everywhere for like, 60 years, in every single genre of music you can think of. Because it fucking works. There are literally millions upon millions of different "electric guitar" sounds but I can't even begin to think of a way to explain this to you so that you'll understand what it is you don't understand. You should take some music theory courses, I don't know man.

Piano > Computer > Trumpet > Guitar

Well, you like David Gilmour, so you're in my good books. The thing about PF's guitar is that it's backed up by really strong keyboard and drumming and Gilmour is also much more picky when it comes to note selection. Too many guitarists rely on speed and technique to be impressive rather than the composition of their melodies, which is the most important part of guitar playing, in my opinion.