Looking for metal reccs...

Looking for metal reccs. I want to get further into metal but I have no idea where to start or what the difference between the sub genres is. Bands I've been into recently are code orange, nails, and full of hell, and I know I like slower more depressive riffs as opposed to super fast and technical stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42e2WWu6EJE
youtube.com/watch?v=97PHBwR9n2I
youtube.com/watch?v=e9mDNNiyk8I
youtube.com/watch?v=hWjmbfox6J0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHs_Ufqnsk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Check out the new Prisoner album Beyond the Infinite

Check out Loma Prieta for some quality screamo. IV is a quality album.

>I know I like slower more depressive riffs
try gris-il était une forêt

Technically none of those bands are classified as metal. Code Orange is considered hardcore and the other two would probably be grindcore, which are both more subgenres of hardcore punk, with heavy metal influence, than actual metal. Anyways bands like ACxDC, All Pigs Must Die, and Cursed are all pretty similar.

Should've said strong metal influence as heavy metal is it's own thing.

All those bands are closer to metal than they are punk.

Not really. Grindcore comes more from hardcore punk than it does from metal, kind of like thrash is a mix of the two but leans more towards metal. Either way though the two genres have a lot of overlap and trying to classify it all is very difficult.

I dunno offhand there's two ways we could go about this. Start at the very beginning which would be the mid 80s or start at the very end particularly last year. For example compare our lists of best hardcore albums from 2016

>Bands I've been into recently are code orange, nails, and full of hell

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh...

This Code Orange album was featured on The Price Is Right last month.

Nails was repeatedly featured on a festival lineup poster in the Ghostbusters remake

nails and full of hell are powerviolence not grindcore RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do you only get your metal from melon head or something, jesus christ.

Code Orange isn't metal.

Hardcore =/= metal, user.

You'd probably like Knocked Loose though.

Pallbearer, candlemass, bloodceremony, electric wizard, the fuzz

Just go to Last.fm, go the page of Nails or Full Of Hell, look through the similar artist and have fun.
It isn't always that similar, but you will find a shitload of good music that you'll like.

don't listen to anyone itt they are all hipsters and similar scum

start with basic stuff - Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer Black Sabbath

He already has bands in different genres, why not expand on that area?

when will this meme die

>those bands
Just check everything on Deathwish Inc, a389, Southern Lord and the bands Kurt Ballou produced for the gateway metallic hardcore you're looking for

>I like slower more depressive riffs as opposed to super fast and technical stuff.
sludge metal

Here's some slower paced stuff yyou might like

youtube.com/watch?v=42e2WWu6EJE

youtube.com/watch?v=97PHBwR9n2I

youtube.com/watch?v=e9mDNNiyk8I

youtube.com/watch?v=hWjmbfox6J0

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHs_Ufqnsk

fuck off, they haven't been pv for years