Your odd music fantasies

I fantasise about getting stuck in a lift with Bob Dylan for a few hours and picking his brains, maybe singing a few songs with him.

In reality he'd have bodyguards with him, probably doesn't get in lifts with anyone but his bodyguards and probably wouldn't fucking say anything to me anyway even if this did happen but I can dream damnit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DxpxsmL-uHM
youtu.be/s4ghznC4GU4
michaelkelly.artofeurope.com/karl.htm
youtu.be/JpGYeksFzN0
youtube.com/watch?v=FCyQ7GW8QFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me in a bed with Lauren from Chvrches [spoiler]cuddling with her and stroking her hair.[/spoiler]

Will toledo has bought some of my albums on bandcamp. I thought and still think itd be cool if we could meet and jam. I asked him actually and that was the end of our limited correspondence...

I want to hear Elvis Presley as the lead singer for Led Zeppelin or just backed by a similarly heavy band.

OP here. You're a surprisingly tolerant bunch, I thought I'd get ripped to shreds for my admission.

I also fantasise about bumping into David Gilmour near his country estate whilst he's walking his dogs, somehow hitting it off with him and going back to his recording studio boat and smoking a spliff with him. He's probably too fucking old for that but it's more realistic than the Dylan thing really.

I could swear he and Alan Yentob are fucking baked in this relatively recent interview though.

youtube.com/watch?v=DxpxsmL-uHM

i frequently imagine cobain coming up from hell and giving me his blessing to become the messiah of grungegaze, which i promptly master and usher in a new 1000 year reich of guitar music

i also imagine playing concerts in front of girls that i want to fuck a lot

i like to think about taking sharing a jacuzzi with paul mccartney

I imagine working an Alaskan fishing boat with Isaac Brock.

I watch Azumanga Daioh with Brian Wilson and he is inspired to write his best work since the 70's, a song about Sakaki.

Lindsay Buckingham catches me in the act of fucking Stevie Nicks we both laugh at him and I tell him to "Get out of here, cuck!"

>Stevie Nicks
The getting caught part is not my thing but I don't blame you, she was a fucking stunner in her prime.

For quite a lot of the music I listen to I imagine myself at the sixth year talent show playing it (as my own original work) to a stunned audience. Everyone would marvel at my genius and it would set off my career as some music prodigiously talented teenage artist wise beyond his years.

I'm 28 and I still fucking thing about this, it makes me feel like such a douchebag but I can't fucking stop.

you sad bastard

I have read and listened to so many interviews with Michael Gira that I have his voice very nearly mapped out, although I do often forget some of the words he really enjoys using. I should write them down. Every day I have some sort of conversation with him in my head. Generally they involve some of the authors or filmmakers he talks so often. Sometimes I'll strike up a conversation with him after a show with the prepared line: "Thank you for coming. The show was mesmerizing (a word that would flatter and amuse him)," after which I would ask for him to sign my DVD of Irreversible. Most respectable art would offend him because he is, at least ostensibly, very self-critical and debasing, but he has compared his own work to that movie on numerous occasions, so I'm fairly confident that he would not object. I would approach the conversation with a perspective of curiosity and reverentially acknowledged ignorance. Oftentimes I receive his pity by mentioning my cancer in some way, which is very satisfying. I've gone through that conversation so many times that I can not say with certainty much more than that, as there is a wide array of conversational paths to take. Lately, I have been discussing Cormac McCarthy with him; before that, it was Paul Bowles.

I like you user. I am sorry to hear about your cancer.

thanks

I wanna watch Princess Mononoke with Grimes and/or drop E with The Prodigy. Maybe Underworld as well.

Preferably in the same night and/or at the same time.

Bump.

I wanna be friends with Kanye West

Just hang out with Guy-man and Thomas for a day

i want to go fishing with hope sandoval

>tfw you will never uncomfortably flirt with toledo-kun

What would you do with Kanye?

I want to have domestic fun with my daughterfu

Jesus christ I want to fucking neck myself.

>Oftentimes I receive his pity by mentioning my cancer in some way, which is very satisfying.

STOP.

Smoking a couple of blunts with the Animal Collective boys then getting a veggie pizza and jamming out in the woods a bit

maybe just chill with sufjan and he could play some songs with a guitar, not necessarily his own songs, but some songs

a cool thing to do would also be camping with phil elverum, sometimes i fantasize about him, me and my dad going camping somewhere

Going back in time to medieval ages and introducing music and changing the universe into a happy place where we all smoke pot and love one another but i kinda also wanna play dubstep or aphex twins come to daddy to see their reactions
youtu.be/s4ghznC4GU4

>domestic fun

Nothing wrong with domestic fun

Not that weird but I think what if Jimi survived and had joined Funkadelic

I often fantasize about meeting Robert Fripp. I'm sitting at a quaint Boston restaurant in the dead of winter. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him sitting with his wife, Toyah Willcox, deeply content. Not wishing to be a nuisance, I calmly and sheepishly walk over to ask him, not for an autograph, but for a simple handshake. He of course obliges, with that winningly positive smile. I then ask if he would be so kind as to allow me to take a quick photo with him, which he of course also agrees to in that dulcet tone, still wearing that warm smile. I then compliment his phenomenal guitar skills, perhaps mention my $400 collection of King Crimson CDs I have collected and show him a photo if he is not already tired of my worthless existence disturbing him, thank him profusely for taking the time to indulge a huge fan like me, and then leave. This is honestly the one reason I am still living and have not killed myself yet, the fleeting hope I may meet Robert Fripp, the greatest guitarist on Earth, and be enveloped in his glory.
I have a similar fantasy with William Scott Bruford, the greatest drummer on Earth, wherein I, after encountering him by chance during a leisurely stroll in my neighborhood, honor him with the reverence he deserves, mention my undying respect for his work, and tell him how he had inspired me to pick up drumming. If Greg Lake were still alive, I'd also wish to meet him in the same manner.

is his wife still alive in your fantasies? she should be

(OP) #
One thing that makes me feel slightly guilty about this desire is that Dylan clearly does not want to be recognised (pic related). He is far too famous to live anything close to a normal existence. I don't think this is haughty, he is very clearly a shy person and probably finds the interaction with sycophantic superfans intimidating if not merely irritating. As much as I would love to meet him I would hate to invade his privacy.

I had a dream that i was on a bus in LA and John Frusciante got on. He was heading to Amoeba hollywood, so i joined him and we went record shopping for the day.

I think i read that he does that in an interview somewhere, cause he doesnt drive, so it was on my mind. also, there was a photo of a girl who took a photo in a taxi and JF was in the background on the sidewalk. I really love that dude

The obvious one is getting high with Syd Barrett

michaelkelly.artofeurope.com/karl.htm

Trust me, it's worth the read

Same.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Very grateful for some of the open responses to this thread, certainly I wouldn't admit the stuff I said here to my closest friends.

Riding in a truck and smoking pot with Chalino Sanchez

This thread has really brought out in me an extreme longing to meet Bob Dylan. I try my best to be a rational, logical person so I try hard not to fall prey to idolatry, but I have been becoming increasingly obsessed with his music over recent months (though I have been a fan for over 20 years) as it has helped me cogitate through some extremely difficult times.

I wish I could speak to him for a few minutes. I know that catching him off-guard is no mean feat, but I genuinely believe that if I caught him in the right frame of mind we could form a brief connection that would mean a great deal to me for the rest of my life. He is quite rightly cynical towards such fans and he's right, I don't know him and neither does anyone else; yet I cannot shake the feeling that as two outsiders we would understand each other on some level. If we were to speak of his music, Lay, Lady, Lay would be the song I would most wish to discuss and I think he would approve of my observation of it.

One thing I am certain of is that I would not cheapen things by asking for an autograph. I could not comfortably ask anyone for that. A few minutes of his time and a handshake is all I ask.

youtu.be/JpGYeksFzN0

Why are you guys so obsessed in meeting these people? Isn't the music enough?

For me, it's an intense soul-crushingly depressing loneliness that can only be sated by offing myself or meeting my idol, Robert Fripp. It is legitimately the only reason I have for living - the idea that I might meet him one day.

Do you mind if I ask why you are so depressed user? How long have you felt this way about Fripp?

I've never managed to get into King Crimson in a big way but I love his playing on Another Green World, it's exceptional yet understated.

that pic related would adopt me and teach me how to play drums

saw an interview with Brian Eno a while ago on P4K, I'd love to do the same and just hang out in his workspace, observe his creative process, drink some tea, talk for a while

and before Pete Sandoval dies I want to upload his consciousness into a drum machine

watch some John Waters movies with Junatro Yamanouchi and Gero-30

Aye, I bet Brian Eno is quite approachable and down to earth.

Am I the only one who's never done this? I had a dream where Dweezil Zappa invited me up on stage and gave me his dad's guitar, but that's about it.

Sometimes when I'm listening to an album or watching a movie I imagine going back in time and showing it to a famous philosopher or composer just to see what they'd think.

Recording an album and selling it.

I do this. Not with philosophers and movies, but I often wonder what various composers would think of modern music or even music composed within a century folling their death.

I always think about becoming a rapper and getting noticed by Denzel Curry. Then I move to Florida and I get famous and become the next Kanye.

got kicked out of the Chemical Brothers' dressing room before they did a bunch of coke once
>wish I'd been able to stay

Id smoke crack with DMX inna heartbeat

I like to imagine having a really nice, sweet boyfriend who's kinda clingy and gets anxious whenever music gets brought up because he's into more popular bands than I am. So like, whenever he shows me something that I'm not into and feels insecure I can reassure him by saying "nono don't worry! I get that not everyone is into my kinda music so please don't let it get to you. Everyone has different tastes! I'm not really a fan of that bands you like personally BUT it's so cool that you like them! I bet it'd be really fun to see them in concert with you!" and then I'd hug him :3

I do this with my parents and people I know well enough to be familiar with but not enough to be my friends.

I also imagine the opposite scenario with someone saying that to me.

You wouldn't happen to be a boy, would you?

Going back in time to when Smile was being made and praise and nurture Brian's genius until his musical masterpiece was finished.

take a guess

i would want to ask him about the meanings of some of his songs, but im pretty sure he doesnt even know the meanings
youtube.com/watch?v=FCyQ7GW8QFk

I want to release an album tht gets some critical and popular success, so I can hit up Jeff Mangum so we can hang out and he can mentor me on songwriting

y-yes

Damn, now I can't think what to say to you. But if I could, it would be flirty and somewhat insecure. If that does anything for you.

Holy fuck user. Story?

used to be in the music biz

That's fucking hilarious, Chemical Bros are one of my favorite bands.

I'd slaughter a child to do coke with them. The Prodigy would be my first choice, but if they were busy...

Unescessary. They already had Eddie Hazel.

I don't mind at all. I am depressed because I am a lonely pathetic friendless subhuman. I have never held a meaningful relationship in my entire life.

Or if the group with him, Miles Davis, Tony Williams and Paul McCartney had've worked out

Also "HELP" with Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
idk if that would've been that great though

how old are you