Pan of the decade

Pan of the decade.

>caring what pitchfork thinks
I think I see your problem.

Man of Oil is their best song since MPP

The first song is hot garbage I know that much.

>cuckfork

And your taste is pitiful, I know that much.
Also
>Pitchfork
For what absolute purpose?

Pitchfork said centipede hertz is shit and it became my favorite album
Sickle suckle on my ding dong

The fuck it is. That first song is pure Deakin catch up. They knew he kicked their fuckin ass last year and now theyre tryin ta pull a fast one.

The first song is a comfy throwback to Campfire Songs, have you even heard that album? No?

Embarrassing for pitchfork. It's a stunning ep.

>comfy throwback
Nice way of saying rehash

...It's not? It's in a similar vein but it's hardly a rehash at all, way more bleeps and nature recordings on this one. This level of retardation should get you banned.

Oh please. Man of Oil is great but the rest is highly forgettable. Even Campfire Songs had more substance than those tracks. If the whole EP wad like Man of Oil it'd be worth something but honestly even 7.3 is too high.

>bleeps and nature recording
And you fell for it. That first song is literally embarrassing in the context of Painting With and Sleep Cycles

this
maybe it's because it's not so much of a comple song

>still using pitchfork
>being told what to like

It's like it's still 2015

i like it a lot

im seeing them in two weeks

you cant stop me, pitchcucks

animal collective became unfashionable to pitchfork and others after centipede sadly

Oh pleAsE. MAn oF OiL Is GrEaT BuT thE ReSt Is HigHly FoRgetTaBle. EvEn CaMpFiRe SoNGs hAd MoRe SubStanCE ThAn ThOSe TrACks.

this

Pshhhh

nobody gives a fuck about shit fork or animal collective

>sadly
there's nothing better than when a band evaporates from the public eye

for the fans, anyway. Obviously, the windfall of cash won't be coming back.

>Unironically looking at pitchfork

>Even Campfire Songs
>even
CS is arguably one of their best written album imo. It my favorite of theirs. Anyways, they underrated the ep. It's pretty good

>pitchfork
this board is irredeemable

they're fucking WHITE MALES

this is great

>white person gets 7.3: too low
>black person gets 7.3: too high

where the link at

AnCo going full downhill since MPP
nowadays they are a mediocre band they only release awful shit music. They are a fucking fraud

more like a 2.3
Worst new music

anco should just stop. they're really trying but if it isn't working it isn't working.

recording rap to a four second loop isnt genious shit, max score for rap should always be a 6/10

woah anco btfo

this desu desu senpai

instead give high ratings to basic guitar chord strumming and lyrics about partying
but it's from a white person so it's okay

p4k hasn't given animal collective a bnm since 2009. think about that for a second. who even gets hyped for a AC release anymore? They lost their indie darling status after centipede hz. I still listen to AC's older albums but that was the point I stopped caring.

So you stopped giving a shit about a band once they stopped getting bnm tags at pitchfork?

lmao just leave senpai

There is literally no worse type of person then someone who lets pitchfork determine their musical opinions. Prove me wrong.

agreed, unfortunately this place is full of people like this

Panda Bear has two since then. I think p4k would embrace them back into the BNM fold if AC put out something great again.

I wish Pitchfork and Fantano would give suicide a 10.0/10.0 so half the idiots on this board would kill themselves

This, is pitchfork even relevant anymore?

?

epic, simply epic xD

It's not a perfect score but still wholeheartedly recommended

pitchfork is a shit site, which has gotten way worse in the last few years with the layout change and they now shill film trailers and post gossip news. that doesn't stop recent anco releases from being bad tho

7.3 is generous.

I actually let myself be tricked into regaining some semblance of excitement for a new AnCo release, seeing pics of Avey and Geo out in a forest, but aside from some moments here and there (some vocals in Man of Oil, some of the simple guitar and ambience of Selection of a Place) it's a 6 at best. Nothing too special going on at any point.

Why are they so spent?

They're old and live in different places. They used to swap records and spend months crafting a sound for an album, now they meet up once every few years to record an album and care more about crafting a pop record that will make them money than working on an ambitious new sound

kek

>AC fans triggered cause an inconsequential nothing EP got a good score

Embarrassing desu

Reminder that the last time we posted this en masse we upset Deakin so much he literally came to Sup Forums to tell us to stop

Don't upset Josh

Link?

animal collective has always been AND STILL IS one of the most ambitious bands making music currently. if you can't see that, you're being duped by the system, man.

nice bait

>AnCo
>Making money

That's how I know you're trolling

They clearly make enough to live off their music alone and if they tried to make another Here Comes The Indian all the My Girls plebs wouldn't go to their shows

And this from the band responsible for the pan flute jam of the decade.

nice ability to think for yourself

I sincerely thought you were trolling because you come across as a complete idiot. In what way am I being "duped by the system," whatever the fuck that means, because I don't like the direction Animal Collective is going? It's not very ambitious to make the synth pop garbage that Painting With turned out to be

what's your opinion on pitchfork giving people bnm 8.5s just because theyre a woman or black/asian like vagabon and jay som

Been listening to this and it just gets better and better. Best thing they've released in a decade imo. Such a comfy record

>This idiot can't cross the parking lot because it's way too hot

Do you even get vertical, bro?

>now they meet up once every few years to record an album and care more about crafting a pop record that will make them money than working on an ambitious new sound
I don't care if you don't like their new stuff, not a lot of people do. But if you can't see how it's ambitious than I can only assume you're being blinded by the fact that the general consensus around their newer material is negative. Failed experiments can still be ambitious. Point me to another album that sounds like Painting With. I'll wait.

they give that score to white dudes as well, you just only notice it and get bothered when it's given to women or black people

fanboy chum chum

now this is a meme I can get behind

>Point me to another album that sounds like Painting With
centipede hz

the difference is that they don't get the scores solely because of their race/gender. if a white guy gets an 8.5, you know its legit

>chz: guitar driven psych alt rock album
>painting with: synth-based future boy band music
>sound the same

Now you're trolling is just getting pathetic

THE DEAKIN SAGA

[1/5]

[2/5]

That was a different poster and I'm not trolling. Tell me how Painting With is an ambitious experiment? It's Beach Boys type pop with synthesizers. The only "experiment" is that they purposely didn't use reverb or other effects, which honestly make's the album worst. It's a cluster fuck of bad synths and samples

[3/5]

[4/5]

[5/5]

what other boards does the deak lurk in?

BONUS: Sup Forums apologises with a card, it's been confirmed since that he's seen it

None, he's too pure for Sup Forums in general

Selection of a Place is de soto de son tier though and that track is goat

Nigger

This.

I thought Painters EP was much better as well.

Reminder that this is the average Animal Collective fan

still waiting on that album that sounds like it

It literally sounds like nothing that came before it, and hocketing is -while grating for me- done creatively.

Why is it always right after p4k pans it that all the criticism starts popping up on Sup Forums? Same thing happened with PW

they don't like to admit it but a lot of people here really care about p4k scores.

It's not even that unfair a score. A lot of the ambient bits on the EP are the kind of stuff Avey has been able to easily pull out of his ass for like twenty years, and it makes up a pretty large chunk of the runtime

Because the same newfags that spew ancohate are the ones that still follow p4k religiously
Most likely the same kind of people that will point to a ridiculously overinflated score as indication that mumblerap garbage is good

Sup Forums has always been like this, there are a lot of retards here who can't form their own opinions on any album and will wait for p4k, for some reason, to release their reviews

How the fuck is a 7.3 bad? You guys are so retarded

It's an EP too. I don't remember the last time p4k gave anything short of an LP runtime BNM

I love Deak so much.

>Panda bear-less EP gets higher than PW on P4k

Did panda bear get cucked?

Hell Can Wait

honestly this. at this point the only people who pretend to care what p4k think are b8ing, or at least thats what i hope

Panda has been by far and away the worst member of anco since 2011.

But they just made Meeting Of The Waters