How do i clean up storage on a 120 gig SSD

how do i clean up storage on a 120 gig SSD
>inb4 disk clean up
>inb4 delete temp files
>inb4 delete system32

You could try a disk clean up, deleting some temp files or even deleting system32 to clean up storage on a 120 gig SSD.

You could also try shutting the fuck up but we're all friends here

This. Also put it on a microwave for 30 seconds... Just like the bacteria on a sponge, the microwaves will delete the excess files without harming your drive. I wipe my external that way all the time.

inventory what's on it and have a backup for shit you don't need. that's how i do

If you don't want to use a disk wiping program/setup like boot 'n' nuke and the like, just do what they do youself.

Format the drive, then copy data to the drive until it's full. Rinse, repeat.. 3 or more times.

The best method would be to get the sector size, then size your files accordingly to not only fill each and every sector, but sufficiently fill the file table and mappings as well.

Boom.

I'm not really trying to wipe the shit, I just got down to 30 gigs and went o fuck

Delete shit

Run windirstat
it scans the whole drive and shows you folder by folder what's taking up the most space
then just through and delete whatever you don't need

Yeah I read your post wrong lol.

If you aren't interested in using disk cleaning programs.. your only option is to do it manually.

Maybe you don't know, but you do realize that they scan your disk, and give you the option to not delete certain files/directories... right?

I ask because I can't think of any reason why someone would want to not use a disk cleaner.. like CCleaner for instance. Hell man, it's both Windows and Linux. Even that Cunt Hillary used it to wipe her e-mails lol.

is CCleaner easy to use? i dont really have experience with autocleaners

Easy enough for anyone. Just make sure you're running as root on linux or admin on windows.

Remember to scan first. That way you can see what will be removed, and choose not to remove certain things if needed.

But I'll be honest, I never scan anymore. I just run the damn thing and let it run wild. I've never had problems, never lost important files, etc.

It knows what is and isn't ok to delete. Unless you're an idiot that overrides all common sense by saving documents in the system temp directory, or some stupid shit like that.

I recommend it. It's free (the last time I downloaded it). You'll be satisfied.

Not him but ccleaner is alright. Here's a sample of my settings. You should be safe without touching dem "shit-i-don't-know".

>how do i clean up storage without using any programs?
By fucking hand.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Next step is to SHOVE IT UP YOUR FAGGOTY ASS

This guy

This.
If you have to use more than one tool, you are an idiot.

run windirstat. find what takes the most space - type in the path to the folder into the gorgler to see if its safe to just fucking delete the shit. then scan again.

download diskfan4 15 day trial. i have a 240GB SSD and cant get more than 100GB free at any given time. 120GB is too small for a standard Win10 install in my experiance

you want to wipe it so it doesn't have TRIM left on it with the discard from kernel? OR do you want to just delete everything that is cache related?

>Buy an additional drive,
>move shit
>winrar

Use Disk Cleanup but start it as administrator.

That will remove alot of the outdated stupid ass windows update files.