/aoty/

post those charts lads

Other urls found in this thread:

jlin.bandcamp.com/album/black-origami
youtube.com/watch?v=yPJlNs-8ERk
rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's good so far? what's been disappointing? which albums are you waiting for?

No chart, but pic related is my AOTYSF

the new lambkin/unami 2 disc thing is weird but I'm pretty sure I like it a lot. the digital copy is divided into "UnamiDisc" (disc 1) and "LambkinDisc" (disc 2), but it's almost like disc 1 is Lambkin doing Unami and disc 2 is Unami doing Lambkin? If that makes sense? I don't know, I need to listen to it more and see what info I can get out of the packaging.

i did like this album, but i don't think i could listen to it any more than like 2 or 3 times. it's really intense and depressing, which is good, but i feel like i've got all i can from this album. as a listener, i've already heard through his story, and the minimal simple instrumentation doesn't give much of a reason to go back to it. i appreciate what he's done though, it's such a personal album and it's obvious he's made it for his own reasons, rather than for the listener, which i respect.

i'll look into some of these, will try add some to my backlog

here's mine

I get why you wouldn't want to listen to it lots. Honestly I've played other 2017 albums way more than this. But every few years I have an AOTY that I love but can't listen to on repeat, and I think this is just another one of those.

My top ten of the year thus far

P I T C H F O R K B I T C H

What's your list?

Just listened to the 5 song samples of the new Jlin album, it's sounding like my AOTY so far

jlin.bandcamp.com/album/black-origami

ok bro
this is just music I like haha
what's your AOTY buddy?

Do you have a download link for The Whistler?

Nothing, this whole year is shit

haha and it all happens to come from pitchfork haha no other place haha

i don't go on pitchfork, but really most of the albums on that dudes chart are from popular or atleast recognizable artists.

how does music come from pitchfork
I'm genuinely interested on how

Angles 9 - Disappeared Behind The Sun
Chris Thile & Brad Mehldau - Chris Thile & Brad Mehldau

Impossible Nothing - Lexemenomicon
The Pablo Collective - The Death Of Pablo
Stabscotch - Uncanny Valley
Priests - Nothing Feels Natural
Kairon; IRSE! - Ruination
Blanck Mass - World Eater
Max Richter - Three Worlds
The Necks - Unfold
EEEKS - Pet City
Laura Marling - Semper Femina
Ruins Of Beverast - Exuvia

Mine so far

I bought it and I still go by the unspoken rules of what.cd where erstwhile releases shouldn't get shared until a little bit after they're out physically. I actually am always too lazy to encode them properly and tag them (they come as untagged wavs). I just download the mp3 version once someone else does all that, I would bet it'll be on soulseek around the end of the month so you don't have too wait too long if you don't want to pay (tho if you find you have money to spend later on I'd strongly recommend putting in an order for some stuff because that'll help the cool future releases come out).

Yeah I'm fucking pumped for this!

I'm curious as to what you saw in the Laura Marling album. I like her as an artist, and think some of her other albums are excellent, but I thought that Semper Femina was kinda boring.

Ok well that wasn't the question. Do you not understand what aoty is? Apparently you don't. So why don't you shut up bitch.

what a badass oohhhhhhh

youtube.com/watch?v=yPJlNs-8ERk

What's so bad about it?

Humanz and DAMN. are absolutely wonderful IMO

Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me
Kelly Lee Owens - s/t
Aaron Dilloway - The Gag File
Eye Candy - Cerebrotonia

These are the only albums from this year that I felt had genuine inspiration

Rock releases are pretty weak this year

I just thought it was extremely solid, i'll listen again tonight to see if it still hits.

Go ahead, make my day.

What were your strong rock releases last year?

Good taste
1/10

Love that new Dilloway
>Hand in Hand
How is it? I really loved her collab with Jefre-Cantu

Whoops meant to ask About the new Atkinson album

thanks

whats your 8?

I do think that it's a great album, but even he admits that a big reason that he made the album was to be able to provide for his daughter since he's pretty poor rn. In a way, however, it kinda adds to the tragedy of the album

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/

8.5/10

Joey Bada$$ - ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$
Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me

8/10

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell Live
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog

7.5/10

Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
The xx - I See You
Sampha - Process
Thundercat - Drunk

Anyone else feel like this year has been sorta boring?

What did you think was exciting last year?

does narkopop live up to the hype?

oh look it's this again

all i've got so far

I think it does. Isn't his best but it fits quite nicely into his discography

HAAAAAY UN ABIIIIIISMO DEEEENTRO DE MIIIIII

+avec le soleil
I'm liking a lot of stuff so far, quite a few albums that would make it into my top 20 from other years and we're only a third of the way though

Am I the only one that doesn't "get" Arca?

At the Drive-In and Fleet Foxes will soon be added but they need a few more listens to be sure.

it's more like A Readymade Ceremony but with a better execution. lots of whispery ASMRcore. tho there are a few moments that remind me a lot of the collab.

Just got through a listen of it, I kind of wish the ASMR talking was replaced with interesting field recording stuff.