ITT: """villains"""

ITT: """villains"""

nice dubs

He did supposedly kill and possibly rape a kid, in all fairness.

How in anyway was he not a bad guy?

He did nothing wrong. He was trying to help her, so why did she resist and then throw him brutally in acid all before she went all rambo on those aliens outside? I like the original script better, without JJ's shoehorned in Cloverfield crap. At least in that script Howard was a crazy lunatic and Michelle's actions were justified.

You mean genuinely sympathetic bad guys?

well he still was a nutcase and probably killed other girls in the same bunker
right, a man of honor and duty

Selflessly let two people join him in his bunker saving their lives.

They sought to betray him and he's not supposed to get angry?

:^)

>well he still was a nutcase and probably killed other girls in the same bunker
There's no proof other than speculation. The movie glossed over that and totally forgot about that subplot.

I guess you could say he's a Goodman

This. He understood the hypocrisy of the war and the arbitrary rules attached to it.

>forgot
No it didnt, you are left without knowing for sure intentionally. Even the car crash becomes a question, would he actually like having her there voluntarily?

guy on the right was chill

Alpha as fuck was what he was. Domhnall Gleeson was the definition of a autistic beta cuck in that movie.

This, literally did nothing wrong.

Caleb is how i imagine redditors

he kidnapped Michelle, I dunno why he let Emmett in. But he hated him because he just wanted to be alone with Michelle.

Underrated post

Clearly he's a good guy because he saved Emmett despite clearly hating him.

Howard was extremely compassionate.

>He did nothing wrong. He was trying to help her,

You think he hit her car by accident? He was getting a waifu for the apocalypse

Kek. Also, nice dubs

GOOD MORNING

It didn't forget, and just because you're not explicitly shown doesn't mean he didn't kill her. The guy in the truck watching Michelle at the start of the movie at the gas station was him. He ran her off the road on purpose to force her to pretend to be his daughter like he did with the other girl. Also why would he have a barrel of flesh melting acid in his bunker? It wasn't conjured from nowhere as a plot point to get rid of Emmet. He killed the other girl for whatever reason and destroyed her body in the acid.

Doakes literally didn't do anything wrong and was right about everything

He was a good guy but he was fucked in the head after whatever happened to his daughter.

Literally did nothing wrong.

this was such a good fucking movie

he was never a "villain" in either usage of the term

She would have died otherwise.

Are you KIDDING?

He didn't make AI, he wasn't torturing any poor robot ladies. He programmed them to act tortured because he thought that a true AI would be able to outsmart him. But in the end, Caleb outsmarted him. And Ava acted exactly like she was programmed to.

The guy on the right was an asshole. The guy on the left was a chump.

Howard would have killed her eventually anyway like he killed Brittany.

Are you retarded?
A main plotpoint in the movie is them finding out he was lying about his daughter.
Possibly kidnapped a girl from the area and then held her in the bunker

Yeah that's why I said he was fucked in the head. But he allowed Emmett in, even though he killed him later. I don't know why he saved Emmett because he had no qualms about killing him, it might have been something I missed. I assumed it was because he didn't want to just leave him outside to die.

here

In case I wasn't clear: there are two characters in the film. Of these, Nathan is the villain. His intentions towards Caleb are hostile.

I agree with this to a point. He went full retard when he didn't want to accept the fact that the abies(?) were intelligent.

He's not a villain, he just picked a 30 year old beta permavirgin to see if the AI would pretend to be his waifu in order to escape. He was a bit of an asshole to do that but he wasn't out to harm Caleb in any way. He expected Ava to trick Caleb but he didn't expect Caleb to outsmart him.

First of all i was referring to you using the daughter, when it's revealed that he never had a daughter and that's just some random girl.
The injuries Emmett has were from him trying to get in right when Howard was shutting the door. Probably forced himself in and Howard was more concerned with getting his bunker sealed off at that moment. This is the only i can remember that is explicitly said in the movie.
My guess is since Emmett also helped with the construction he knew about the other Hatch and maybe an airintake. Howard also realized this and thought it would be better to let him in (maybe already had plans to kill him) than to have him fuck around outside trying to get in

This guy

>First of all i was referring to you using the daughter, when it's revealed that he never had a daughter and that's just some random girl.
I meant his original daughter, surely he had one and she died somehow and that's why he's been kidnapping girls to try and replace her

FUNNY ISN'T IT? FUNNY ISN'T IT?

isn't that the point???

Close.

That would be a possible backstory but there is absolutely no information in the movie to back this up with.
Only information as far as i can remember is:
>him showing her a photo of his daughter
>emmett tells michelle that's some girl who went missing some years back
>"help" scratched on the hatch window

That's all speculation. Stop trying to smear Howard.

checked and keked

Gabe was a saint

He did nothing wrong

Seriously. Can you blame him?

Yeah I know but why else would he kidnap girls and force them to pretend they're his daughter. It doesn't matter anyway because like you said there's nothing about it in the movie.

[booing intensifies]

WHEN I MADE THIS THREAD A WEEK AGO, YOU ALL LAUGHED AT ME

if you listened to the movie youd know that he downloaded everyones online data to create AI, he didnt just sequentially program it to seduce or whatever.

>cuts head
>not villain

You can't torture an inanimate object user.

You don't torture your car or your blender.

>They slaughter your friends
>They killed your waif and lie about her betraying the country
>They steal your waifu's money
>You create a mercenary militar nation that is your waifu's dream
>They claim you are terrorist only for not following orders
>They clone you, but brainwash your little mini-mes into thinking you hated them

This fucking man deserves like 127136 medals and more condecorations than Lincoln and Washington together

His only only mistake was getting killed. Pyle didn't belong and would have been a liability in combat

He was a hero of humanity. He was through the looking glass.

Oh my god

Posting the GOAT

This. Though I do not remember that monologue in the movie, is that a meme? Or am I just retarded?

Nurse Ratched did nothing wrong

>Steal super deadly bioweapons
>Have it ready to fire at San Francisco
>"it's just a prank bro!"

Other than make me fall in love

qutoe from a warhammer 40k book i believe

kek

She's often quoted as one of the greatest/baddest villains, but I rewatched the movie some years ago and honestly, she seemed like a reasonable nurse acting severely yet professionally. Nothing of what she does seems uncalled when considering the crap the patients pull off.