Slowcore

Can we have a thread about slowcore? It's seriously some of the best shit out there as far as guitar music is concerned. What're your favorite slowcore albums and groups? What are you listening to? What's your go to slowcore album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psaUPcGfUsY
youtube.com/watch?v=5oeJ3B5ETCQ
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=4UeFxYHYoRA
youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-DbicSs0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ObdZ8lhC0f0&list=PLH_-cXG5VdoEGR1ZJmHjhP5TnB2-Ii3T-&index=32
youtube.com/watch?v=m8CIfrw99Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=V5s-KLGVcTI
thenewyear.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Carissa's

Not normal?

Melancholic bump

Alright senpai, I've amased a lot of Slowcore from digging around in RYM. These two bands are some of my favorite bands I've bound. I've been really into Slowcore that incorporates some Post-Rock elements.

Sonora Pine: youtube.com/watch?v=psaUPcGfUsY

Crescent: youtube.com/watch?v=5oeJ3B5ETCQ

Been bumping Snow by The New Year. The Kadanes are still knocking it out of the park.

I've been pushing for Slowcore threads since 2012, not once have I seen one of these get to more than 20-30 replies

SO MUCH THAT I CAN'T SAY TO YOU
MY VOICE SHAKES
FROM THE HURT
THAT I HIDE

Anyone have more like this?

Also if you havent listened to Low you have to. Period.

Started listening to Codeine and Duster earlier this week, never tried slowcore before. Low has a bit of huge discography and I'm trying to clamp down on my backlog as it is so I'll save them for later.

i must have listened to Strange a dozen times the other day

I can't stop listening to Red House Painters 1. Down Colorful Hill is amazing too.

wow the sound of the guitar on cabezon is so fucking good

This beautiful man literally taught me how to feel. MarKoz is emotional pedagogy.

I love Carissa so much but after >10000000 listening I want something else, benji was great but the other albums don't click with me yet, what album is next?

Such a beautiful and enigmatic opener too, I have never been able to tell whether it's incredibly happy or absolutely depressing, but it sure as shit is comfy.

He's talking about the band Carissa's Wierd but have you listened to anything BEFORE Benji?

youtube.com/watch?
v=2MXSatQx4Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=4UeFxYHYoRA
youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-DbicSs0k

>Old Ramon
My man.

the sonora pine looks good, will try

Why do I like the slowest music so much

also I like this a lot :
youtube.com/watch?v=ObdZ8lhC0f0&list=PLH_-cXG5VdoEGR1ZJmHjhP5TnB2-Ii3T-&index=32

I don't care about the video and 9/11, I'm no US citizen, but Idk why, it's just a fucking loop, it's so good
maybe it's the fa major scale though (or I think it is)
I doubt someone will know but I'll be eternally grateful to the one who can give me the original song of the loop

not sure how we arrived here, but i'll leave you with these:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8CIfrw99Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=V5s-KLGVcTI

Oh hey I made a joke pseudo concept ep sampling those loops

like where basinki sampled from..? I'd assume it's multiple songs man... I'm curious now though

oh shit forgot about that band, my bad, I have that album Songs about leaving, really good

also no I mostly tried the last 2 albums, ty I'll try these

shit that's good

some much to listen to from this thread
>Oh hey I made a joke pseudo concept ep sampling those loops
kek I'm actually trying to make a (really long) song with the loops, I'm happy that it starts sounding good after 2 weeks of work

can you share your work?

He's kind of memed on unfairly because of his latest dadrap "phase", but not even Laura "Queen Nepotism" Snapes would dare to talk shit about his 25 year old career-spanning overall output. He has consistently released more 10/10 albums than honestly even Neil Young could pull off in his time.

Because slowcore is absolute garbage.

For people who haven't heard it yet:

thenewyear.bandcamp.com

>you literally came here to post this

So much that I could say to you
My voice shakes from the dubs that I hide

Low is essential dude, just listen to I Could Live in Hopeand then flip a coin and if heads listen to Things We Lost in The Fire and if tails listen to Long Division

Mark released more 8-10/10 albums in a 8 year span than most groups would release in 20, the dude is a fucking genius and imo if he wants to do this weird dadrap Joycean panera bread shit al the power to him, he's earned it.

Okay then, once this Agalloch album's finished I'll go listen to I Could Live in Hope. Been sifting through the Sup Forumscore chart taking my time and all. Got Long Division, gonna listen to the former first. Thanks user.

Don't miss out on Things if you like the band, it's a really solid 8/10 and has some of Low's best atmospheric work.