Romulan

Yeah its not even close

Federation

Was this guy from the Q race?

This guy.

Edo

>then we told the hue-mons "of course we'll join your federation

A lot of people think so.

Is it worth getting into Star Trek? There whole series is very extensive which makes it seem more daunting. Is the show that entertaining?

He looks like he has to concentrate to fight of wonky eye syndrome.
All powerful my ass.

It has ups and downs.

Yeah but you have to like space soap operas. If you hate the genre you won't enjoy yourself.

Q is the master race but they fear other races becoming greater than themselves someday.

I've heard that the original series is a must watch, and TNG is the peak of Star Trek and everything after that is meh. Should I just watch the first two series?

Depending on a person's age either TOS or TNG are the beginning end end of all Star Trek. The other series are just for us nerds that eat up all the scifi they serve up anyway. If you find yourself a fan of TNG you can try the rest.
TOS's last season is mostly shit and TNG's first two seasons are mostly shit. The TOS and TNG movies are also worth a gander.

Humanity, duh

The original series and The Next Generation definately. The rest as per taste.

Don't be daunted you can essentially watch it at random.

RACE IS IRRELEVANT.

FROM THIS DAY FORTH, YOU WILL SERVICE US.

white people

>Have powers near or above Q
>Spend an eternity obsessing over some human female
no, he was a cuck and his race was probably full of cucks too.

TOS and TNG are episodic. I would recommend finding a viewing guide and following it. Not all episodes are worth watching.

Romulans, clearly.

>an eternity
He was married to her for a human lifetime which wasn't long to him, then lived in a fantasy for a few days after losing her.

>ywn be assimilated into the collective
jdimsa

Yeah we only know of him for a few days, doesn't mean it was only for a few days that he was psych-masturbating.
It was implied that he was doing it for centuries.
I do recall him mentioning some enemy race long extinct attacked the planet many thousands of years before TNG even showed up.
Meaning he was doing it for that long.
Just out in the middle of space psych-masturbating.

But user... you already have been

TOS is iconic television on the level of Colombo, I, Claudius, Homicide: Life on The Street, and St. Elsewhere.

TNG is, aside from season 1 and most of season 2, probably the greatest science fiction show of all time that's not called "Farscape".

DS9 didn't invent the non-episodic television sci-fi genre, but it certainly perfected it and popularised it, paving the way for the likes of Lost, nu-BSG, and Game of Thrones. But be warned, as it's basically two different shows with the same cast, with the split happening around the season 3/4 break, though the first few episodic pre-Jem Hadar/Defiant seasons are also comfy AF in their own way.

Voyager is inoffensively mediocre 2nd-rate popcorn TV sci-fi in the same vein as SG1/Atlantis, Andromeda, Earth: Final Conflict, and post-Ecclestone nu-Who, though it probably has the best eye candy of them all.

Enterprise had the potential to almost be as good as TNG, but all we got were a couple awful seasons and one pretty decent one before they pulled the plug.

The TOS films are some of the most wonderfully atmospheric and comfy popcorn sci-fi movies ever made, even if objectively they're probably just so-so for the most part in terms of plots/production values.

The TNG movies are occasionally good, occasionally awful, but teeter on the knife's edge between "comfy AF" and "depressing to see the old fat cast going through the motions in mediocre low-budget "blockbuster" flicks"

The JJ-Trek films reset the odd/even paradigm, with 09 and Beyond being pretty decent and STID being all but unwatchable to fans.

Shades of Grey is literally the only TNG episode not worth watching.

>Yeah we only know of him for a few days, doesn't mean it was only for a few days that he was psych-masturbating.
>It was implied that he was doing it for centuries.
No, at the very beginning of the episode the Enterprise is rushing to the planet because they just received a distress call from the colony. When they get there it's too late, everything else is gone. It had all just happened.
>I do recall him mentioning some enemy race long extinct attacked the planet many thousands of years before TNG even showed up.
Meaning he was doing it for that long.
You're mixing shit up. He said his own race was long lived. They were extinct because he just killed them all in an instant.

>its a "something goes wrong in the holodeck" episode

>it's a "wesley hangs out with a pederast" episode

Wow, I agree with this 100%. The only thing I would add is that if you're watching TOS now for the first time, some episodes feel very cringey, but probably less so than most classic shows from that era.

TOS isn't canon.

Name a women Worf married that didn't die.

Oh wait.

Just be aware that when it comes to episode quality "the higher, the fewer".

>it's a Chicago Mobsters planet

>aside from season 1 and most of season 2
found the redditor
S1 and S2 have some of the greatest episodes of the entire series.

It peaks at DS9.

Wasn't there some funny space insect race from another dimension that battered the Borg?

>it's a something goes wrong with Lore episode

this dumb fuck actually planned to wipe out the galaxy with only a few hundred Borg

Name two great episodes from season one.

it's a meme show favoured by reddit

Encounter at Farpoint Pt 1
Encounter at Farpoint Pt 2

>tfw your waifu finds your wank fantasy holo

Nope. Voyager isn't canon.

"Encounter at Farpoint" part 1
"The Naked Now"
"Code of Honor"
"The Last Outpost"
Where No One Has Gone Before
Lonely Among Us
"Hide and Q"
"Datalore"
I stopped reading the plots to remember each episode after this.
But you get the point.

I'm pretty OK with this.

based nausicaans

anybody who says otherwise has no grumbah

In the books he was exiled, as was the cunt in the galactic barrier

>scared of the Borg and fucking Whoopie Goldberg
>master race

nah fampai

I don't know how you do it. All those voices talking at once. You must get terrible headaches.

>Farpoint, Datalore, The Naked Now, Where No One Has Gone Before
>Great

I'll give you those

>The Last Outpost

More like
>The Last Shitpost
Amirite?

Just remember that it was supposed to be the episode that introduced the Ferengi as the new, terrifying, intimidating Romulan/Klingon-tier bad guys, and let that fact settle in for a few minutes.

Hey, to Rodenberry capitalism WAS scary

lol you're just jealous because you don't have the intelligence required to play fizzbin

Season 2 of TNG is worse than season 1.

That's unfair

Not enjoying Pulaski's gambling addiction.

I get that, but while making them into the most blatant space Jews this side of the Son'a may have appealed to Sup Forums, it robbed them of any overt sense of power or intimidation.

It would have made much more sense to portray them as being more like alien versions of Gordon Gekko, 80s-era Trump, or Patrick Bateman, and make them tall, dashingly handsome, fabulously wealthy, and terrifyingly sociopathic and unscrupulous in their never-ending quest for material wealth.

Basically make them the Son'a and B5's Centauri thrown in a blender, with an extra dose of House Harkonnen for good measure.

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs

Slow
Low energy democrat spotted