I'm thinking about moving from Chicago to Denver. Anything I should know?

I'm thinking about moving from Chicago to Denver. Anything I should know?

Denver is really nice but can be expensive in some parts, i love Colorado in general.

Cost of living is pretty damn high.

Legal weed is awesome, but taxes on it are high.

If you're a car guy at all, we have emissions here so that sucks.

Going into the mountains is fucking bullshit if you're into skiing or snowboarding. Like deadlock traffic for hours in both directions.

Ask any other questions, I'm happy to answer, been here over 10 years.

Emissions standards are not bullshit.

stay the fuck out we got enough of you transplant retards here

Crime rate high there?

They are faggot.

Depends on the part of town you're in and it's hard to say exactly. Denver is a town that goes from multi-million dollar homes to slums in less than a block.

The altitude fucks with your body. It is dry and your nose bleeds and your skin gets so fucking dry you look 10 years older then you are. The Coors beer is better there if you like drinking that horse piss.

this is the truth.

Don't move here. Ridiculous how many people are flooding this state.

this is also the truth

Lotta Mexicans. Don't live on the east side of town, it sucks.

Fuck really

move to washington

I was raised in Colorado and it wasn't that great until legal weed brought a bunch of yuppies and drove my rent up. If yo want to get high and work a tech job for the rest of you life come on down. The traffic is just as horrible as it was before all these stoners started complaining that normies getting in on their black market legally.

Sauce: Lived here as an adult for 30 years, eat shit stoner scum.

Second^
Cost of living has blown up, only "affordable" places anymore are in the boonies.
Smoking weed is awesome and the eye candy is unreal on account of the fact that many people are health conscious and it shows.
Camping is fun and hiking is awesome I'd have to say some of my favorite parts of the rocky mountains!
Negative is soo many ass wads from all over shitting on my home just sucks hope another 100 year flood fucks em out of their new pads.

This.

I'm from Denver and that's fucking ridiculous. Rent went up everywhere. You have a chip on your shoulder pal.

>I acknowledged my rent went up
>Traffic isn't that much worse

Try harder faggot, I'd love to get back down to $750 instead of $1300 for this shitty apartment.

Native here. Colorado is just Calirado. Full of douchebags from California Texas Florida Midwest and New York. Transplants ruined Califorina same thing is happening here. Move to Seattle or somewhere.

My rent (25 mins from downtown) is more than my rent was in Japan (35 mins from downtown). Let that sink in.

>Stoners and weed

Isn't weed severely punished in Japan?

you don't have to worry about getting shot most the time

Hey OP you should move to Aurora.Its a nice area just east of Denver. It would be perfect for you!

You will have the biggest, bloodiest, nastiest boogers of your life. Fuck this dry climate. No fat people, though

Dont move here its already overpopulated because of this damn legalization.

You'll just end up being a homeless fuck on 16th st mall begging for money at 22 years old so you can smoke weed on stoner hill.

Golden has a pretty sweet small town vibe if you like that style.

go to the international airport and look for odd masonic shit they put inside. Art, murals, and monuments

This thread is helpful. I've had my eyes on Denver for a while. Lockheed Martin has a space facility there that I'm going to apply to. Just got back from a vacation in Denver/Co. Springs. It was fun.

They are not going to hire you. Job market is hyper competitve because of all the college graduates who move and stay here.

Only nice part is near the mall.
>tfw Colfax is in Aurora.
>that face when your sending OP from Chicago to basically the Denver version of chicago.

If they don't, they don't. I have other cities lined up. Not gonna stop me. They have pages of jobs posted right now that I can apply to. We will see what happens.

Aurora is the Florida of Denver. OP should just stay in Chicago until he gets fat and dies or gets shot and dies.

Why not move to somewhere nicer than Denver? You might as well move to LA or NY

>we're full!
Shut up faggot. The only way to improve a city faster than a productive member of society moving in is for someone like you to off yourself.

You must be a unwelcome transplant. We should build a wall around Colorado to keep you out.

lived there for 5+ years. Loved every day of it. Car culture always something going on no matter the weather, Always something to do or see. Cost of living drove me out. 1bd 1bath under 500 sq/ft apt about 15min away from Denver (Thornton) ran about 950 a month plus utilities. Someday I hope to move back. Plus Ive never lived in a place where the locals are so proud of their state. CO Is awesome and a great place to live.