Question for Military fags

>Question for Military fags

Is joining the military with depression a bad idea?
I got a buddy with a history of it who wants to join the navy

no clue if its good or bad for him

bumb

If that fucker is going to an hero he'll do it with or with out the military.

Only the absolute last resort should be military .. if your that depressed .. it should be with the intention of fixing it . With the rigid life your about to endure.. for a bit then it's really not that bad .

If your joining the military I hope your more into the "defending my families freedoms" kinda thing

That's just it, if he's rejected or fails it'll only make him feel worse

The exercise and daily duties being scheduled-ish could actually help with the depression, but better tell that nigger to be careful

Thanks
I'm just hoping he makes it past boot camp

Military is always a roll of the dice

who knows what will happen

It's a terrible idea. Different kind of lifestyle and unless you are the unwavering kind you'll just be ground to dust.

If purpose is what you are looking for--if that was your issue all along--and you're hot shit in at least one thing you'll provablt make it okay.

OP. First off, what made you depress. We need to assess how much of a sensitive little faggot you are to see if you're cut up for the ejercito.

>I hope your more into the "defending my families freedoms" kinda thing

why? that's a lie.

ironically he's tried of stayin at home at his age

More than likely won't pass aptitude testing and the interview process.

Guaranteed to break you out of your rut.

I'm not depressed

He's passing the asvab

you've seen it before?

Yes its a terrible idea. Im in the Marine Corps currently. Well actually its navy so maybe not as bad. What is his depression from? If he gets depressed from being homesick and hes a lazy fuck who doesnt want to do anything than yes hell probably an hero himself.

Being old and staying at home
now everything pisses him off or puts him to tears

OP here
my brother was a Marine
SEMPER FI

Rah man thats whats up

Well then hed probably try to fnd a way out of basic when hes over there or do something crazy. Ive seen some crazy shit from people trying to get out of the Marines.

HAHA
Gonna join after I get my EE degree and work for NASA

LMAO this 1st lt was a fucking astronauts know it all

haha man im not following. Which lt?

He's lazy(real source of his problems)
but he's done juijitsu for 4 years
He's in shape and knows the family environment

I've wanted to be a Electrical engineer for NASA since I was 10

The 1st lt is just after

Well its different for everyone but it really matters what triggers his depression and how serious it gets. Im in the Marines so the culture is a bit different than the Navy and we certainly get a lot more fucked up day-to-day. Navy would be a good option for him as well as Air Force. Just tell him not to be a bitch. He can either learn a lot and become a hard motherfucker or he can allow the Navy to be a bully and blame his mental health on them if he gets more depressed. What job does he want to do?

military/vet an hero rate is high
depressed + enlist = kys

ahhhh okay gotcha. My cousin actually works for NASA. Hes not an EE, he does something with computer software or something (never really asked him cause im not too close).

LMAO
Me and my marine brother did tell him that

look up Kevin Heart dad advice

tell him to do it. it will prolly improve his shitty life. navy is prolly gonna fite chyna in the future tho.

Sweet
all the tech bullshit is pretty cool once you know it
I know all types of shaddy shit, thanks science

The one on Conan?

cool my dad works at nintendo

Agreed
people come back sad as hell

My best friend was an alcohol addict and wanted to drink every weekend. he joined the navy as a cook(asvab score was shit) and is doing pretty good. He's fit af tho so that may differ with your friends situation. He calls me and tells me he's banging hot bitches ever so often and bough himself a nice bike as well as sports car. He's currently stationed in san diego.

I think
Dad told kevin don't be a bitch

nice to hear
also, real person not a guess

Of course it is. MEPS checks you out to make sure your clean of everything before joining.

San Diego is the place to be stationed. I was suppossed to be at Miramar which is right next to it but some motherfucker stole my fucking orders when i was graduating my MOS school. Its okay, NC is faaaaar superior

They lie to you, can't lie back?
lol, jk

MEPS doesnt really do shit honestly. They cant even check your civilian medical records. You could join as a functioning skizophrenic dude if you really wanted.

Yup but he's currently heading out right now onto a ship. Told me if I wanted to go to San Diego to live for free at his place because his orders were given on short notice and help watch his car and bike. I said no....cost of living is too high over there imo.

Glad to head
only one thief on base, lol

He'll probably get a medical discharge when symptoms start to show in boot camp.

LMAO
you hand them info
it's like cops but sadder

nope. you sign an authorization to allow them to see your health records including mental health records.

No, we cant send the weak to war. His first kill will be a terrorist, his second will be himself.

Navy don't really fight, mostly transport
>SEALs don't count

SWCC

Im 99% confident they do not check records though. I know you sign authorization but they just dont. I know of A LOT of people who are enlisted with me who shouldve been denied enlistement if it were true. Ive broken 7 bones before i joined and it didnt come up once. Most medical records old enough are purged anyways. If you saw a psychiatrist when you were 14 and you join 19 it likely wont be on your records.

OOHRAH
SEMPER FI

>What is FMF
>Riverines
>IA
>SWCC
You're an idiot.

rah debble dug untied status marin crops

It's not bad as people think
It's really dependent on your MOS, or rate if in Navy

I was a hospital corpsman in the Navy and shit was cash

Felt like a civilian job if you're at port

If you deploy in a carrier it's still cash, and pulling into port in SE Asia is badass, Thailand was awesome

Did my 4, went to school, got a masters, commissioned as a PA, and I have my own quarters on ship, don't have to wait to use the bathroom on deployment, and pay is great on the brass side of things

Tell your friend these tips
>if there's a bonus for a specific rate or MOS, don't do it
>don't go AO in navy, or cook, or join anything with subs
>sublife is shit

Idk if they do, just telling you of the papers you sign.

head that a few times
people get away with all types of shit

Were you ever at Portsmouth?

Bad idea
i put a 9mm to my head within 2 years in my dorm room
USAF, 3P0X1
life sucks ass

still here tho
>should've pulled the trigger you weak minded faggot

You guys call it a dorm room?

shit

yeah had a room to myself and shared a kitchen life is easy

Glad you're alive

We got a guy who didnt show up to work on a Monday after the weekend and nobody could find him so they ended up going to his room and walked into his bathroom. Dude hung himself. Another kid took his m16 into the portapotties or whatever the fuck you call them and shot himself right in the head. The instructors had to see that shit after everyone heard it. Another dude tried hanging himself in front of me with those oval bead rope things that pull up and down curtains. Although he was just doing it for attention.

it's a troll dumbass

Full metal jacket.

well...

Yep

Not trying to one up anyone. Just thought id share some stories as well haha

>mfw haven't even seen combat yet
KEK'D. Snowflakes will remain snowflakes.

glad you did
truth is power

had a guy devoted to this bitch, was a cuck, gave dudes money to take her out cause he worked in the field. One day while he was at a MAF she took EVERYTHING, transfered titles with his truck, wiped accounts ALL things.
This dude texted her one day and said he loved what she did and wanted her to go get filled up and then come over and make him do whatever with how ever many dudes cum was in her.

I'm gonna post a serious reply cause im drunk.

Honestly, no. I joined with pure optimism, full of motivation and lots of heart. The reality you will likely taste as an enlisted is nothing like that. Your chain of command wont have your back, they are typically weak. Your job will likely suck. Your living arrangements will be bare minimum. Your benefits will be hard to actually use. You will lose most of your connections. Medical attention wont be constantly available. Food will be slightly beneath prison food depending where you are. Your "friends" will snitch on you. You will probably get stuck cleaning or standing 12+ hour watches.You will get paid the same as a mcdonalds employee but spend way less on drugs. Booze will likely be your only outlet, but don't forget that will also get you kicked out.

If you can handle all of that at minimum, then you might be able to consider joining this bullshit. Otherwise, just go to fucking school, faggot.

Marines?

This guy doesn't know jack shit about the military. Pay depends on rank you stupid faggot and you get benefits to the max i.e. basic housing. Just shut the fuck up man. My buddy is making 40 k a year as an e-3 with benefits and all.

he surrounded himself with flowers and photos and just like everything he had to do with her and then shot himself in the chest/neck/head area and she found his body. Worst thing ive ever seen

WTF FUCK HER MAN. I live in a city which ONLY consists of married females to Marines. Ive tried hooking up with 2 girls and both times they lied and were married. I hear so many stories like yours (just without the cuck) and i just wanna fucking slaughter these bitches. Fucking dependos..

I'm in the navy myself and I can say it's done loads for my self esteem. It's generally a harder job than anything I did as a civilian but you're generally pretty proud of the work you do even if you don't flaunt it. The biggest hurdle will be getting through basic training, I found most people who get out so it then and often come out miserable as they feel like they couldn't "even make it through basic"

no hes fucking NOT
E-3 is A1C and they make 1700 a month I KNOW because i was one. thats 20.4k a year
You're a faggot and have no idea what youre talking about.

you ever been depressed?

Part of the military is the suck. I guess i knew that going in and i knew it would suck and thats why i wanted to join. It currently does suck, but i dont see my life any better if i hadnt joined. Im glad i did.

Shut the fuck up you dumbass. You don;t know jack shit about the pay on ship opposed to pay on soil. basic housing gives you money which you can exploit. Go kill yourself.

Is joining worth it?

I'm doing pretty shit in school, have no clue what I want to do with my life, and really depressed.

I fucking love Sup Forums

Don't do anything to get away from something else.

If you play video games to get away from the fact you have no social life, that is a negative thing. If you play video games because you enjoy video games, that's positive.

Sort out the depression first, join the military if it is a passion, not a way out. It's a life changing decision with a lock-in contract, not a decision to be made in anything but your right state of mind.

How old are you? Im in the military. so i can answer some questions

Yeah cunt. But you have to be fit as fuck though. And not a bitch

Military is friendly and fucked up, read some entries

no u don't. Just be physical and smart. Go into intel also.

Security Forces.. not even once

Yea when I was younger I had some pretty serious bouts of depression, I joined later than most people (I was 25) and found it tough but it kept getting better. The toughest part is being away from my kids all the damn time but if I didn't have them to worry about I'd be laughing

I want to join just to do something with my life since I was planning on taking a break from school to get my life straightened out. I feel like only working isn't enough when I can be taking advantage of Military benefits and whatnot.

Wouldn't care if I died tomorrow, so I might as well go out helping others if its needed

Chairforce fag here.
If anything the fucker would be better suited to lighter jobs like finance or mpf jobs. Maintainers would rip him a new one. We have a brony in our shop and the dude is being made fun of pretty heavily.

No dont go intel. Intel fucking blows. Unless youre a linguist. Youre set if you do that.

Air force ain't shit
and I'm subbed to Marine Bronies

Flaming Joker

Josh Scortcher

Real Marine
Real Brony

Yeah, 20K straight into the bank - at a minimum. That's not including AIP, COLA, BAH, BAS.. I know guys who have saved up 60K plus.

I joined when i was 19 and im glad i did. The military WILL suck. Especially at first. Get all of your opinions that it is glorified and awesome out of your mind. You will not see any glory when youre hiking 20 miles in humid ass weather up a fucking mountain, nor will you see the glory when youre on a working party painting rocks (yes, really). The best part of the military is traveling and meeting people, but even that gets old. I personally like how much it sucks because its made me a better person. Your depression seems like its coming from not being fulfilled and the military might be able to fix that. If you do join, dont just join the branch that you see first or the first recruiter you talk to. DO NOT join the Marines or Army because you think theyre badass. If thats why you want to join either of those branches then forget about it, your enlistement will suck x100 because you will be disappointed. Im in the Marines so im a bit biased but i would prefer Marines over Army any day. I also went to an Army military school so i know the difference between the two.

Lastly, if you join, do NOT settle for any job. Get a job that will set you up afterwards -- Aviation, medical, intel, Data, etc.

Best dam advice
i fucking love devil dogs