I'm kind of in a pickle and I need some advice

I'm kind of in a pickle and I need some advice.

My dad is sick and coming in and wants to hold the gameball for the Cowboys game. The thing is I've been holding the ball for the last 3 years and don't want to hand it up especially since he didn't beat me in a wrestling match for it. So what should I do? Let him just hold the ball, intentionally throw the match, or tell him to fuck off until he wins?

suck his dick

>the game ball
What?

I have a Baden ESPN kiddies ball. Should I be holding it?

Do yuros not do this? Its American custom to head the head of the household hold the football while watching the game.

People aren't this autistic.

but why do you hold a football while watching football

To be a part of the game. It shows you are the "quarterback" so to speak, of Thanksgiving.

lol you lot are so weird

Give him a whistle to blow whenever a play ends. Everybody wins

This guy is obviously the designated punter of his senpai

Football fags are fucking autistic when it comes to this. You don't see anyone holding a basketball during Christmas NBA games or someone holding a hockey stick during NHL games.

What lol

Americans are such juveniles

hes fucking trolling

Yes. As long as you feel that you've earned it.

You've never seen stock photos of Americans holding a football while watching football? It's a legit tradition.

dont give it up, he has to take it. if hes too sick to take it, he doesnt deserve the ball

>tfw not sure if actual thing or trolling

I remember the year I finally beat my dad for the rights to the game ball. He now insists on hosting so he can at least sit at the head of the table. Little bitch.

Thanks man. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being an ass in this situation. He knows he won't be able to take it, so if he tries I'll pin his ass.

Well I haven't achieved much, but there's no one else in this household. And I feel like a kid t b h

im always interested in other family's ball holding traditions on Thanksgiving
it was always between me and my dad as well,
even if our team wasnt playing we would flip a coin to decide which one we would be cheering for during the game
when the team one of us was cheering for was on offense, then we would hold the ball, until the next change of possession and then we would hand it over.
in case of fumble, we would throw the ball on the living room floor and see who could land on it first.
depending on whose team won that day, then we would be able to keep possession of the ball all year long until next Thanksgiving.
Well sadly that Tradition died this year, along with my Dad.
When I laid him to rest last month and buried him, I got out the old game ball that we've used for 25+ years, and put it in his hands during his open casket funeral. I whispered in his ear "you get to keep the ball forever dad, thanks for all the memories" and then i broke down right there and cried.
Seeing this post today is really bringing back a lot of emotions, some sad, some great... thank you OP and Sup Forums for keeping my dads memory alive, my hand might be empty, but I know its full of blessings, and that its only empty without balls because my dad has it in heaven with it watching over me. You won this time Dad.
Never stop holding the ball guys. Keep that tradition alive, and those who pass away will never be forgotten.

You should tackle him when he enters the house to assert your dominance.

>worried laughter
>too afraid to even search it up

I'm sorry about that bud. I'll tell my family to say a silent prayer for you and your dad this Thanksgiving. God bless.

this is art user

You guys are so weird with who gets to hold the ball. If you're the designated QB in your house then you pass it around to the designated wide receivers and hand it off to the chosen running back anyway. Then when your team is on defense you have to put the ball away for a while too. Being the QB for your watch party isn't that big of a deal.

Rule in my family and friends is whoever pays rent holds the ball, except women.

>Being the QB for your watch party isn't that big of a deal

Non ball holder detected.

Posts like this are the raisin I come to Sup Forums tbqh

holding gameballs? wtf is this tradition?

Super cereal right now, wtf is this

When my grandpa passed away we had a ceremony the next Thanksgiving. We dug a hole and then spiked his favorite game ball into it like we scored a touchdown. Then we put a plate of Thanksgiving dinner on his ball in the hole and buried it.

RIP Gramps

clearly youre an immigrant, cant wait until trump kicks your ass out and makes america great again

Clearly you don't have a dad.

LGTSS
>>>>>>ORPHANS XXXXDDDD

FUCK OFF

Had to stop this tradition because my dad would sometimess throw the ball at the same time as the qb in the game, he usually just threw it harmlessly at the empty sofa or at someone else but a few years back he hit and broke the tv and mom hasn't let the football back since.

As a QB I would just run with it and hold the ball. Fuck pass plays and others.

Cam Newton please go

Heh my dad did the same fucking thing. We use a NERF ball now

>tfw you FINALLY scores higher than dad in this year's penis inspection
I can hold the ball now and no one gets to complain

>yfw this is actually OP

>that feel when from the carribean and my dad throws the cricket ball at me during matches

Only joking I never met him

I bet my girlfriend that Trump would win for the rights to hold the football for the rest of the season

this is me pretending to be okay with having to let my wife's son hold the ball

>tfw newfags will never lurk more

Invite me over for thanksgiving. I'll give you something to hold in your hands.

She can hold these balls as a consolidation prize IYKWIM ;∆} 2bh 2bh

>tfw eating dinner next to my dog who's buried in the backyard

Kill yourself and your cuck dad

Canada is this sort of attitude that makes your whole country so grumpy and unapproachable.

ripip puppers

In our house, we used to hold onto an old steering wheel as we where watching Le Mans. The steering wheel would change hands as the drivers exchanged.

>wife's bf and his family come over for thanksgiving
>he takes the game ball from me
>hogs it all day
>refuses to give it back, wife doesn't stick up for me at all
>in MY fucking house

I hate this stupid holiday so much

>believing people actually do this