Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums. I'm a dope head who happens to be very well off and can afford my habit without it cutting into my finances too bad or messing with my work. I have gotten to the point, though, where getting high no longer feels good and it's just a necessity like food and water. I don't get high anymore. Tonight I ran into some desperate junkies outside of a 7-11 and I straight up gave them 50 bucks to go get high because I felt so bad and I know how much it hurts. I'm thinking I'm going to check into a detox tomorrow or at least go see a sub doctor because I'm tired of living this way. Do any of you have any experience with kicking dope? What can I expect and how should I go about doing this? Do I need a full 28 day program or can I just kick with counseling and suboxone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Either way, something must change. I'm so tired of this lifestyle. Thanks Sup Forumsros.

No experience to offer you, but at least you're optimistic. Carry that with you through the darkness, and keep it like a torch. Good luck, OP.

Thanks man. I know I can beat it I just need a good starting ground. I fucked up real bad by making the stupid decision to get into the stuff in the first place.

If you get on the suboxone, it will help. But you really have to want it. And even then, it's like one foot in and one foot out.

I have been on the subs for 4yrs now and haven't touched anything else since getting on them. From time to time, I'm glad I'm still on them because I feel like I might slip without it, but most of the time I wish I just kicked the shit with a quick detox years ago.

I guess to add, lately I have seen a few friends go on and off the dope every month or two. Get high for a month, fuck everything up, go to detox, get subs for a week or two, stay clean for a couple more weeks, and go right back out. Those are the people I tell just to get on subs long term and try to get their life together.

it depends how long you've been taking opiates and at what strength/dosage a day

if it's something like a year or two you can quit them yourself, ween down over 2 weeks then quit cold turkey. don't take anything else or try go one day off one day on, only ween down to lower dosage and then cut off.

suboxone/methadone is mainly for people that have tried to quit countless times, it's something you take as a replacement to heroin and stay on it for a long time... some people use it to quit but quitting it is just as hard and people end up using heroin ontop of methadone, suboxone they have to take a short break because of the nalaxone

i quit opiates after 1-2 years of using (3rd time quitting after 2 times before but only using half a year to a year then).
it sucks for the first 2 weeks and is unbearable pain... can't describe it but it's as worse as breaking a bone. the pain doesn't stop at all for atleast 1-2 weeks.. sometimes 3 if you quit cold turkey from high dose. even drinking a bottle of vodka a day wouldn't stop anything.
but after quitting I don't want to go through that again, i felt 'off' for about 2-3 months but was fairly normal after that. pain stopped after 3-4 weeks, but mostly dropped after after 3

That's what I'm thinking man. I feel like I'm someone who needs a long term drug replacement therapy. It'll be way to easy to just go out and jump right back into dope. If I'm gonna do this I think I'm gonna be in it for the long haul..:

Opiates in general it's been six years... it came into my life and ever left.

>discipline

That's the central factor.

Also, man I'm weak I don't think I have the self control to ween. If I've got junk in going to just use it and call for more.

If you are able to, physically; the only way to be truly free of it, for good, is to kick it yourself, without programs or meds; gradual, tapered weaning if you can, cold if you can't. Not only will this free you mentally from the yoke of it for good, but also it's much better for you & your future if there's no records of you being addicted, as there would be if you entered a program, or got meds from your doc.

also when you're quitting don't take any opiates again, or even any kind of opiate that's weaker like codeine or oxys etc.

if you take an opiate you're essentially going back to the start and quitting them again. and it doesn't help at all either. weening down slowly over a month or so is the best way. just take half your normal dose or the most you can cut down on over 1 week, then the same the next and the next.

but also doing that for me I got the urge to take a 'usual' dose because I knew my tolerance was so low I could get a big hit... so I just decided to get down there over 2-3 days then cold turkeyd. I was probably at 1/6th-1/8th of what I usually took when I was using on the last 2-3 days before I did cold turkey.

the best way to stop the pain is either sleeping or showers. and the pain doesn't really start for about 3-4 days, once you get to that and you've gone 2 days with that really bad pain it's the worst and probably most of the time people will just take some to stop it..

i just stayed up for 30+ hours every time I was awake so I could get half decent sleep.
and also most important is eating decently.. you'll probably feel to lethargic or feel like shit and don't have effort/appetite to eat anything decent

well if you can't do that then you won't be able to quit. weening you can take it as slow as you want. say cut down by 1/8th of you're usual hit, then the next day try the same. or go 1/8th of usual hit and take that for a weak.
for me I started by doing that for a week, just using 1/8th less then what I usaully took. then after that I started taking less and less

6 year of daily use is really high but it's not impossible to quit by just doing that. obviously just going cold turkey would be too much but if you can ween down slowly over two months or so and get down to maybe 1/2th what you take then try quit then.

Hey man that's a great idea. I think I can definitely cut out an 1/8 of a dose at a time. And just gradually decrease. I'll just have to stay busy doing shit that I enjoy and distracts me from the habit and just keep decreasing over a matter of weeks:

Ibogaine dude. Took it two years ago and have never looked back.

Easily available online.

Don't you have to have a trip sitter and all that? I've heard about it and it's supposed to work incredibly well but I don't deal too well with psychedelics. Even smoking weed gives me anxiety.

So you just changed one addiction for another.

And you *think* you're doing fine. OK then.

Starting going to AA it sounds like your ready

Yeah you need someone you trust to help you out but trust me, 12 hours of tripping beats the holy shit out of kicking dope regular style.

Not him but really drug replacement is the only option for some people.

that's pretty much what I did

also during that time cutting your dose I got slight withdrawals still but it wasn't too bad. kind of like feeling tired, but not full withdrawals or any bad pain.

just only important thing is once you go cold turkey then ride it out and don't take anything. you won't be able to work at all during that time either, the worst is maybe 2 weeks but depends. sometimes it can only last a week, sometimes a month.

Kinda, but with Suboxone it's hard to abuse. Above like 16mg, you won't feel it anymore so trying to get high on it is just a waste. Staying on a somewhat normal dose helps us junkies live like normal human beans without having to be 100% sober all the time.

Give me 30 Suboxone and I will take one or two a day. Give me 30 bags of dope and I'm gonna do as many as I can until I pass out.

I understand but it still doesn't fix the underlying problem - an addictive personality.

Therapy will help if the therapist is good.

Suboxone just keeps you in the game longer and longer...till you eventually go back to dope. Gabapentin is so key

lotta really great advice in this thread. Do what you think you gotta do OP. The only thing I'll mention is that once you start the suboxone program, that will NEVER leave your medical record.

What this means is, everytime you go to the doctor or ER they are going to know you are/were on it and it will flag you as a user. So, just keep that in mind. Not saying this is a good or bad thing, depends on the situation.

Exactly why I'm thinking subs might be my best option. I had a family intervention 3 years ago and they put me on a quick sub taper and I felt barely any pain from wds at all. But if I'm gonna do sub I think I want to go on to a maintenance program because the second it leaves my system I'm able to go get high again and it's too easy to just go and do that. I'm fairly confident that with subs I can continue living a normal lifestyle (somewhat) and stay free from street dope and pills. I know it's just replacing one drug with another but at least it's highly supervised and controlled by a medical staff.

Of all my friends I did dope with, I'm the one who stuck with suboxone and is actually working a decent job and stayed clean. One is now an alcoholic, the other is in jail from shit he did to get high, and another is still going back and forth to dope every couple months.

You still need the right mindset though. Not many people who go on the subs actually stick with it.

these and if you have to quit get some pot and some kratom. Kratom acutally almost totally kills my desire for opiates at all, and I only use it like twice a month.

Rest of the time I can blaze it and be coo. good eads on the subs tho. Same with methadone, once you are on that good luck getting anything from any doctor or ER again, unless you're seriously fucked up.

Ibogaine! Seriously. Take that fucking shit. You will be out in no time, you won't have dick on your medical records, and you can finally start living your life again.

Shit so if I have to have surgery they won't prescribe me something for the pain because I have sub on my record? Damn!

I work for a suboxone doc. The best advice I can get is to talk to councilor or social worker if you don't plan on becoming an inpatient. We see much more success with our patients that get some form of mental health service along with their suboxone. If you do well on suboxone you could even talk to your provider about switching to a monthly vivitrol shot so you only have been seen 1 a month instead of weekly/biweekly.

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I'd love to talk to someone professionally about it and have someone oversee my wellbeing.

Worked in a pharmacy and specifically with plenty of dope fiends. If you take Suboxone or bupenorphrine tablets be prepared to trade one addiction for another. I was at that pharmacy for years and only ever saw individuals get more and more dependent on Suboxone/bupenorphrine. Cold turkey or a detox is the best way. Suboxone is just cleaner heroin. You never cut back they always just keep giving you more. Good luck man.

well not exactly, if your fucked up then yeah. like he said, depends on the situation. But if it is something relatively minor then you'll be fucked maybe, it will depend on the doc and situation. They will even bring it and ask you about it probably

source: happened to brofag

When you come to the realization that you can cheat suboxone (say take a sliver in the am and then do dope in the pm) the suboxone "magic" is gone. And for those of you who say well that's not what it's designed for, a junkies gonna junk eventually. Then you start jumping back and forth, cheating, taking days off from sub,etc...then you start throwing yourself into precipitated withdrawals which are god fucking awful and the cycle continues until suboxone is almost useless unless you wait 36 hrs to take it, which by that point you either won't or will be too scared to

Lastly, when your body mentally/physically begins to associate suboxone with energy, you're trapped. Just like you'd need an opiate to get out of bed you will know that you "need" suboxone even if you truly don't given it's long half-life. You may or may not take more then needed, but you will know you are just as dependent on it as you were with other opiates, and you will never start to consider coming off it

That sounds awful man but I don't know what else I can do. Cold turkey is almost not even an option.

That's the best place to quit. You used, it started to suck, you quit.

I dunno about Buprenorphine as that's another drug to take and you'll be addicted to this for a long while. This can be harder to wean off as it has such a huge half-life and how it affects your brain.

Just do it without.

If you decide to use sub I'd suggest a quick 5 day taper like stabilize on between 2-4mg and then go to 2-1-1-.5 off.

I've never touched opioids but I did do Mdma for a week straight and when I felt my body getting addicted I just stopped and after 2 weeks withdrawals were over.

Xanax was bit tougher.

Does anyone know where you can obtain ibogaine interested for myself , been trying to kick the habit and i actually heard of ibogaine for the first time on law and order , did some research and i see why its not used for addicts because it has such a high success rate

I'd do anything to have my old life back before i was introduced to opiates , all because of a car wreck i was in , recieved morphine in the ambulance and it was the most euphoric feeling ever and it was the beginning of a ten year battle with just pills never really got into the H, so if anyone knows how i could go about getting ibogaine, you would have my deepest thanks and gratitude for helping me get my life bacvk

This. The last thing you wanna do is get another habit & subs don't get you high but the withdrawal can be crazy if you been on it too long

Fairly certain you have to go to Mexico for ibogaine unless you somehow got some on the dark. But I'd be hesitant to take it without having some idea of dosage that shits no joke (and I say that as someone who has so problem doing dope of unknown origin). From reading your original post your habit seems fairly standard and you are really overthinking things at this point. Do a 5 day taper, get some Ganapentin, get a mental health eval, maybe look into outpatient. That's a better start

Thank you ! that comment just gave me a bit more confidence, honestly the major part of the withdrawls are gone but i still feel the skin crawling after a day or so of taking half, or a sliver of the sub just to kind of put my mind at ease, like i said ive tried H but i mainly did pills , but for a span of 10 years so i think your right a big part of my problem is mental

I gave up for 3-4 months and the dreams I was having were horrific. I would have the most vivid realistic nightmares every time I closed my eyes. They got to the point where I thought I was haunted or something. By the 3rd month tho, they no longer occurred. The urge to have it lessened and I was fine after that.

However after about a year I started up again. And boy it tasted great again. So now I regularly stop for about 2 weeks, and blaze up for a month or so. Because like you, it feels like I get immune to the buzz. This s works, trust me.

It's Gabapentin bad spelling, you're much better off pursuing that then ibogaine.

Is it safe to say then that obtaining ibogaine , at least if you live int he U.S. is pretty much more of a risky gamble and not worth the risk of trying to use the web as a place to order or find it?

As least you were asleep enough to dream, when I came off methadone i didn't sleep for a month straight

>did MDMA for a week straight
>had rough withdrawls

Lol, have fun if you ever get hooked on dope. You will never be able to quit.

I'm user who has been on it 4 years, and that's why I said in the beginning that you need the right mindset. It's good if you get some other form of recovery with it because you will try to abuse it just like any other drug if you aren't serious about it.

Ibogaine is a hallucinogen it's illegal in the U.S. It can also be difficult to ascertain a dosage and that's not something to be taken lightly.

I'm glad that this can be discussed on here , i'm to ashamed to try and ask for help from my peers or family simply because of pride i believe but hopefully i can use the last 2 strips i have to kick this habit and hopefully find joy in something else other than the idea of the need to be high to feel alive

Are they 8mg strips

10 years on crack, heroin and any pill I could get my hands on. 3 years clean. Did 30 days rehab and it does help because it gives you a baseline to aim for if you relapse like I did (5 times after that). I could always look back and remember what it was like when I was healthy and clean. Meetings help too as does counselling. Bottom line, you need different things at different stages of recovery. The last relapse was the worst because i started shooting H. I could not let me family or wife know so I detoxed alone. Took 3 goes but that that was 3 years ago. Ultimately, I had to realise that there are no shortcuts or easy ways out of this life. I had to accept that things were shit without trying to escape the pain. I had to realise that the drugs weren't working for me anymore. I dont know where you are on your journey but good luck and remember you can live without drugs. Go easy.

Thank you for the input , all of you . my mindset is to never go i've lost 10 years of my life to opiates and i'm blessed to still be as healthy as i am so i'll do my best and use the subs for a short period and evetually cold turkey, maybe start working out to induce dopamine and seratonin that the opiates have replaced for so long

Yes 8mg and ive been using them lately like i would the opiates simply so i could work and get my life back together, i have no intentions of ever using opiates again, and i mean it , i'm lucky i made it out without prison or anyone knowing my addiction

Honestly and I'm 100% serious if you could find someone to trade your 8s for a couple of 2mg strips you be so much better off. The 2mgs are much easier to split into smaller doses to do a taper.