Anyone else think this show deserves the emmy more than the other nominees

Anyone else think this show deserves the emmy more than the other nominees.

>Game of Thrones
One very good episode, an average season otherwise.

>Better Call Saul
Only got nominated because it's from the guys who brought you Breaking Bad.

>House of Cards
Became popular because neckbeards wanted a based ebin badass middle aged anti-hero to replace Walt.

>Downton Abbey
Shit.

>Homeland
Shit.

>Mr. Robot
Flash in the pan fedora show.

Meanwhile The Americans just gets better and better. The acting, writing, dialogue and characterisation is all fantastic. Best show since The Wire, bar none.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFF4df2V8J4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S H I L L

>criticisms are mainly "shit" and "fedora"

Why should I value anything you have to say?

... is Paige a spy!?

nah
this season was shit compared to the past seasons.

Yeah I especially loved that time midway through the 1st season the lead actress gets BLACKED in an interracial cuckold plotline with the leader of the Black Panthers

here's your (you)

I agree, user! This show is fantastic and incredibly underrated
youtube.com/watch?v=dFF4df2V8J4

>is a namefag

Why should I value anything you have to say?

You clearly crave attention.
Here's the only (you) you'll ever receive from me, enjoy being on the filter.

You're correct, the Americans is by far the best written and most intense TV series out atm.

But retards unironically prefer to waste their time with game of thrones, and edgy bullshit like Mr. Robot.

lol

>Anyone else think this show deserves the emmy more than the other nominees.
Yes, by about a mile.

The soundtrack choices alone are 10/10

I like how you didn't try to refute what he had to say.

Shit thread.

Sage.

I like how you think that namefagging is acceptable.

m-my she's hairy

>>Downton Abbey
>Shit.
Say that to my face fucker

Post more.

your opinion of these shows are juvenile. i agree The Americans should be nominated more, but not that the others should be nominated less. well, maybe Downton. also this show is no where near The Wire or Sopranos level. it is very entertaining but only superficially delves into the machinations of tradecraft and politics.

That doesn't change the fact that it's leagues ahead of any other show on TV right now.

i'd say it's on par with some great shows currently airing like Rectify, The Girlfriend Experience, The Affair, and the recent The Night Of. some of these are more compelling with tighter writing and more convincing productions, but that could be due to budget issues. it's a good show, though, don't get me wrong, but so are most of the ones listed. it's okay to dig it more than the others, i guess, but that doesn't diminish their value.

I'm not the original user. I enjoy Downton, but from a Brit POV, it's just an Edwardian soap with nice costumes.

There's far better British TV shows that deserve Emmy attention.

>GoT
>Homeland
>Downtown Abbey
>Mr. Robot

>even close to the same league as the Americans

Shit shows for cancerous plebeians, desu.

The quality definitely took a dive in the last season.

i find GoT entertaining enough. not a great show but not CW or FOX level shit. Homeland is definitely a guilty pleasure. i know it sucks but my gf digs it and it entertains in a somewhat foolish way. Mr. Robot i genuinely like. it's not tightly written or a quality narrative that stands up to scrutiny, but it's still a cool show. as for Downton, i quit watching during the second season. i found it boring. a good cast of characters but their soap opera antics just kept on going and going with little resolution. Altman did it better with Gosford Park.

You are literally normie trash.

KYS

Love this series

>Game of thrones nominated
>black sails isn't

Hbo will pay for the win

>wanting Pirates: Tumblr edition to get nominated

That show is the worst trash I've ever had the misfortune to see since Vikings.

Every time

hahaha. saw Peter Greenaway's ouevre last month. does that give me cool art house points? i honestly think tv, while lauded as the new indie cinema, still can't compete, auteur-driven or not.

what current tv shows can compare to Pulp Fiction, Trainspotting, Room, The Great Beauty, etc?

what i'm tryign to say is tv is ALL normie trash, mate.

>The Sopranos, The Wire, Oz, Wilfred, True Detective (Season 1), Star Trek, The Knick

>normie trash

The only normie trash here is you, m80.

Why don't you find that cumdumpster you call a girlfriend and have her gobble your knob a bit, that is if she's finished giving head to Jamal and his crew.

The Americans is the best show on TV and it's not even close desu.

Best drama on TV.

The writing is amazing.

The writing in The Americans feels like the writers plan out very clearly how every character is feeling, then let their stories and behaviours flow naturally from there.

Most shows seem like the writers want to do something specific, and then contort their characters to set up their "wouldn't it be cool if" scene. In the Battlestar Gallactica remake, later in the series, an entire season is spent rewriting Apollo, their ace pilot, into a lawyer for a big courtroom finale. In that courtroom scene Apollo even acts as both attorney and witness - so contrived.
I'm rewatching S4 of The Americans now. It's amazing so much that previously seemed like idle banter, or filler, actually leads to where the characters were heading all along. Like Paige's first kiss. If Paige's first kiss took place on The Walking Dead, it would just suddenly up an happen.
The Americans flows smoothly. It's safe to invest in the characters because they're not gonna be cut up like a paper snowflake later on just to accomplish one nifty scene.

Season 4 was still good but it took a step back from 2 and 3. Didn't need to be 13 episodes long.

Yeah the episode when Pastor Tim went missing was pretty much filler, thankfully Season 6 will only be 10 episodes

Season 3 was the best one I'd say.

Season 4 didn't feel like a step back to me. Sure, it was a slower burn, but Martha's story? Nina? William's character?

All worth it.

Best pilot of any TV show I've seen. Glad to see it slowly picking up on popularity.

current tv shows as in currently airing or released in the last year or two, mate. there are plenty of amazing indie films being released every season, not so much with great tv shows. i also wouldn't put Star Trek, Wilfred, or Oz on any best of lists. stick with Simon and Winter shows.

btw, my gf says hi.

Tell your girlfriend Tyrone says hi.

I watched the first episode, but pic related raised my standards too high.

I was hoping they do 2 more 8 episode seasons like Breaking Bad did. 23 more episodes seems like too much.

I'd go 3 > 2 > 4 > 1

It was still very good, just not as good as S3 which was one of the best seasons of TV of 2015

Considering how the cast is dropping like flies, i agree

The first episode is the worst it gets good by the 3rd episode

I have not watch this show yet but I might do.
On youtube and the trailer made it look like a comedy, and other videos were about some gay shit going on.
Is it really a comedy (or dramedy)? and is it gay like Orphan Black?