In your opinion what is the best film of the last years?

in your opinion what is the best film of the last years?

define last years?

2010-2017

Only mouthbreathers dislike it.

I'm very picky about films. Most, if they aren't interesting, bore me.
I was fascinated by Gone Girl. The twists in the plot kept me going. The new Star Wars (not rogue one) made me happy to see them all again. On the other end of the spectrum( entertaining but no substance) there was The Grand Budapest Hotel. Not one of the greatest films of all time, but it made me smile. Oh, and go fuck yourselves I do what I want.

by 'best', wtf do you mean, anyway?

i really liked "enter the void" trippy as fuck and made me feel disturbed at some points, not for everyone

So last year?

dubs, and what's the story line? Care to set it up for us oldfags?

In bruge, hands down

One might read your post to imply that the new Star Wars was more substantive than GBH. That's a retarded notion.

Nice choice.

i dont want to spoil anything really but its a first person perspective movie of a druggie who goes through some ugly shit, he gets shot and dies and starts to float away, but sees the aftermath of his death and how it affects the people around him

True Grit came out in 2010 and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'll go with that.

haha good movie, was really fun to watch, not many westerns these days too bad

For me, it was Inception

Woops

spider-man 3 easily

Backdoor Sluts 11

for me, The Zero Theorem.

This is a serious thread for serious people.

]im downloading

hateful eight for me.
2nd fav was kingsmen

ah k sorry

Naughty Nurses 2 then.

Such Ana amazing movie, havnt found any others like it recently. Any ideas user? Went into the movie with high expectations due to friends hyping the movie and came out beyond surprised in the best way

The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015)

or

Experimenter (2015)

or

Rosewater (2014)

Oldboy came out 14 years ago. I guess I'm feeling old.

Interstellar I think was amazing.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

Arrival

Son of Saul for sure

iPhaggot mouthbreathers, everyone.

Grand Budapest Hotel.

Good idea, done pretty well. But there are too many plot holes for it to be a true classic.

>be in 4th dimension
>gives daughter the coords of the base
>tries to stop her going to the base

I f you smoke weed, I suggest doing that before hand. Not necessary, but I wish that's how I'd seen it the first time.

Sicario!

not, quite, my tempo

i really liked Arrival.

>not Moonrise Kingdom
Pffft

im smoking a bong right now my man, if you like trippy movies watch enter the void, memento, delicatessen, uh...akira is an anime movie but its really fun to watch stoned.. maybe ill think of more later

Personal recent favorites
>Arrival
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Gone Girl
>Interstellar (until the love travels through dimensions crap i was loving it)
>Nightcrawler
>Sicario
>The Master
>The Nice Guys
>The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

What We Do In The Shadows

The only fil'm, in a long time, that I watched then bought the DVD when it came out.

It's been in my house less than a month in all the time since, cos I recommend and lend it to everyone.

Enter the void is a shit movie, even on acid and definitely on weed.

I completely dissagree that the Grand Budapest Hotel had no substance. The plot was a little thin, but there was one. The performances were flawless, dialogue was great, sets and costumes fantastic. It had everything; comedy, drama, pathos, romance, adventure. And all flawlessly delivered. One of the best movies of the last decade.

not many people like it, but the ones that do usually love it, it really depends on the person

>Edge of Tomorrow
>The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Same

Great one!

It does an ok job conveying what a trip can "feel" like, but other than that yeah, it's not a very good movie.

Manchester by the sea was actually pretty fucking good, whole theater was still the entire time

If that's what you're into, check out Holy Motors.

They were in a 5th dimension, not 4th and thats the point its a sci-fi. Science Fiction.

He didnt know at the time that it was him giving her the coordinate, thats the whole point fam.

Did you even watch it?

I have been watching nothing but the classics for 4 years. I'm trying to get through all or as many of them as possibru, bc it's fucking stupid to keep spending time watching new repetitive formulaic shit they keep churning out, without having seen the great masterworks of film at all. Bergman or Bunuel or Tarkovsky or OToole & Hep's backcatalog, & Film Noir and surrealism and all that stuff.

With the amount of interesting, unusual, unpredictable, and incredibly beautiful film that already exists, it's kind of inexcusable to waste any more time watching endless retellings of the judeo-christian superhero worship myth in spandex and a cape. I got it.

I Saw The Devil.

Seriously, that shit was good.

That was intense

Try out Nocturnal Animals

A Serbian Film.
It is a heartwarming tale that is great for the whole family.

It was very good. Sad, but good. Fuck Japan.

looks really good, im checking it out

>What We Do In The Shadows
one of the worst movies i've seen in a long time...not even one good laugh.

Once, when it came out on DVD. Never been arsed about watching it again.

It's above average at best.

>Enter the void
couldn't finish it ..horrible

It's a little past your time frame, but I have to go with "The Departed"

have you see Killing them Softly?

There's quite a few interesting movies coming out. You just have to wade through heaps of shit.

If anyone wants a fun time watch The Point (ringo Starr's pet project about tolerance and whatever it's animated and weird as hell) on acid or after a few good bong rips, you're welcome

Have you seen Hobson's Choice? One of my favorite movies. I've never known anyone to watch it and not like it.

The Nice Guys was so good and I did not expect it

Sorry. We can't all be as cool as you.

!!

Interstellar so far has been one of the best movies I have ever seen.

super mediocre movie, I'd like to tell you why but honestly the film was so forgettable i don't remember.

Try Seven Psychopaths.

I think what's interesting about that movie poster is, this is the poster, from "Come and See", about the war that the kids lived through a couple generations before.

It seems like the voids poster is as if to say, this is this generation of kids new war to live through. ...the enemy within.

>Son of Saul
yes

stfu you absolute mong. If you were twice as smart, you'd still be dumb as fuck.

you guys should watch delicatessen if your into surreal dark comedy, with a lot of artistic talent. this scene was ridiculous

Ok, I admit, I've only seen the Departed once. But I honestly don't know what the big deal with this movie is.

The story is alright. The acting is alright (apart from Ray Winstone's accent), and the way it's filmed is alright.

But there's nothing groundbreaking in it. All it seems to have is the mad ending, but even that is almost cliché.

It's not a bad film. But it's no better or worse than your typical 2 hour popcorn flick.

YMS les go

Agreed.

i see what your saying, im getting ready to watch that movie right now actually

Oh it's the "mong" guy again.

What a surprise.

What's it about?

Yah. Have you seen that movie with the two cops played by Gyllenhaal and pena? Can't remember what it was called but saw it right around the time of sicario

Know any others like it?

Autism detected

end of watch, great film

Delicatessen was one of my favorite movies for years after it came out. Delightful. Best sex scene ever, too.

That's it! Fucking loved it. Any similar?

To intellectual for your simple mind
>Tips fedora

kiss kiss bang bang
the nice guys

Yeah, that is a great film.

Not him, but check out Harsh Times.

you've probably seen it, but Amelie is directed by the same person that did delicatessen and feels almost like the same movie

Inception. I really didn't like that movie. Anyone else with me?

*Too
Retarded hypocrite.

I liked it.

What's it about?
Amen
Seen them both