Didn't you feel uncomfortable when you started listening to this? I mean jeff's voice...

didn't you feel uncomfortable when you started listening to this? I mean jeff's voice, how he literally yells his lungs out, especially in parts like "I love you jesus christ", it kinda made me feel out of place, then I got used to it.

It made me feel strange to be anything at all

It's supposed to be off putting. KoCF Pt. 1 is the most normal song on the album and for that he sings normally. But when he's trying to show desperation/passion he belts like a mad man.

No, I don't understand this meme about the "Jesus Christ I love you" part. Communist Daughter is more impactful desu.

he's literally screaming "I love you jesus christ" out of the fucking nowhere right after singing about average low-mid class living in a trailer park american family situations, how didn't it impact you at all?

Just didn't get the feeling my dude. It's kinda the same with sad songs. Unless they're really top tier sad, e.g Real Death, it just doesn't impact me.

I thought it was funny; I bursted out laughing at the "meme moments". granted, this was ~5 years ago when randomness was the apex of comedy (or so I thought).

>listening to it while taking mom to airport
>"user are you listening to Christian rock?"

I didn't get uncomfortable until he started singing about cumming on Anne Frank

Just that one moment really, everything else was completely normal to me

What the fuck?!?!

First time I listened to it it made me think about Jeff a lot as a person.

Like as a kid when you wonder what you want to be when you grow up, can you take a weirder path? Having your legacy be about making an amazing album that declares your love for a dead 14 year old girl below average looking jewish girl?

steven wilson doesn't make really sad music either wtf

>Steven Wilson doesn't make sad music

What are these albums? I like the covers

Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson
They're newer prog rock. This guy thinks they're really sad but I don't really think they're that depressing teebeeaitch.

Yeah I once played ITAOTS and a guy had the same reaction. I get why, but it feels kind of bizarre when you know about the album.

(From left to right) The raven that refused to sing, Fear of a blank planet, Hand.Cannon.Erase and In Absentia. Two are his solo efforts (Hand Cannon and The raven), other two are the band Porcupine Tree, which he was the frontman of.

He wasn't declaring his love for her

>below average

Do college aged kids still listen to ITAOTS? This album was so popular at my college and THE quintessential "indie-core" but that was 12 years ago.

Yeah

albums Sup Forums memed you into listening

Well then I guess I missed the message

Gramma asked me for the cd. She really liked that one.