Of Montreal ThreadieFreddie

What does Sup Forums think of Montreal? How would you rank their/his albums?

Top 3:
- Cherry Peel
- Hissing Fauna
- Lousy with Sylvianbriar

Bottom 3:
- Daughter of a Cloud
- Innocent Reaches
- Aureate Gloom

Literally best merch table in the industry

Literally best discography of the millennium

>Bottom 3:
>- Aureate Gloom
What in the literal fuck? Punk Kevin is best Kevin

I used to love them as a teenager, now I barely listen to them. I'd go

1. Satanic Panic
2. Hissing Fauna
3. Cherry Peel
4. Skeletal Lamping
5. Gay Parade

>Innocent Reaches
>not letting the dust settle
>not even knowing the name

I can't believe I'm just now realizing that it's "Innocence" reaches. I've been calling it Innocent all this time. But for real, what makes you like this album?

Also

Idk its just come across to me as extremely bland. How do you feel about it?

>what makes you like this album?
I didn't necessarily imply that.
>How do you feel about it?
Album of the fucking year prove me wrong

damn dude, 2015

>TPAB
>Currents
>ILYH
>Carrie & Lowell

I'll give you tpab but that's just depending on the criteria. I think percentage wise Aureate Gloom still gets it. Tpab was my #2

I Love You Honeybear? Holy shit I don't know if I could stomach that right now. Let me think about it. Great fucking packaging though and should have won the Grammy if it didn't. I forgot who got it.

>I forgot who got it.
Asleep at the Wheel

They're my favorite band of all time.
Here is my personal ranking of all their albums (by rows- not individual albums per se though I would say my favorites are Skeletal lamping/Satanic panic) top being the best bottom being the worst. Keep in mind I don't consider any of them bad.

cherry peel
cherry peel
cherry peel

im gonna be a boy forever xDD

Top 3
-skeletal lamping
-hissing fauna
-sunlandic twins

Bottom 3
-innocence reaches
-daughter of a cloud
-aureate gloom

I genuinely enjoy all of their stuff, but I feel like things just haven't been as interesting instrumentally or lyrically through the past few years. I miss Bryan and Dottie.

I'll still buy every album as it comes out. K.B. is lord after all.

I agree with you guys about innocence reaches, but Daughter of Cloud has always been really special to me. I consider it on par with Skeletal Lamping.

So best band of all time? Probs not.
The guys who set the bar for what i look for in near every band i listen to? Yes. Absolutely.

So with that being said, what other bands should i jump into if i fucking love of montreal? Animal collective, mgmt, are a given. Give me some weirder shit, my dudes.

Daughter of a clould isnt bad, it's just... one of my least favorites. I still love it, but i jam out to their other albums more frequently.

It's still an incredibly interesting album. It's strong focus on his relationship with nina paired with the weird dissonance throughout tracks made for an album that was incredibly powerful. I remember picking it up from the record store, listening to it once i got home and thinking, "He's lost it. He's gone fucking mad."

Fuck. It's hard for me not to love everything this man touches. Even when it's in my bottom 3 albums, I'll still listen to it far more than the majority of my records.

Top 3:
>Hissing Fauna
>Paralytic Stalks
>Sunlandic Twins

Bottom 3:
>Innocent Reaches.
>If he's...
>Skeletal Lamping

Granted I haven't listened through their entire discography, and You Do Mutiliate? Is the only reason False Priest isn't on the bottom list.

I thought that too when i listened to it. Noir Blues to Tinnitus has brought me to tears before. And it's mainly his lyrics in other parts of the album that more just appeal to my ego and stuff. Hes insanely good at writing stuff and making it seem like hes literally reading my mind.

>THE SELF BRUTALITY WAS OHHH SO ANGULAR

>THE SELF BRUTALITY WAS OHHH SO ANGULAR

>currents
>aoty
try again friend