Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
youtu.be/FhKJgqxNDD8
youtube.com/watch?v=bUqGK-Z9a9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remake of ITCOTCK

ITCOTCK doesn't hold a candle to Lizards

CAT FOOD

If you liked ITCOTCK, you'll like it, because it's similar, and it's good.

poor man's itcotck
6/10

Pictures of a City and Cadence & Cascade are better than their In The Court equivalents. I used to be indifferent towards it, but it's been really growing on me as of late. Also, the second side of this album is completely different than ITCOTCK, so the comparison sort of falls apart after a while.

as good as ITCOTCK

the devils triangle sucks

>consensus
>Sup Forums

habe my ubbote xd

AGAIN

For a long time I thought this was the worst rock band in history simply because it was the most pretentious, but sometimes pretensions are (at least partially) earned. Their second album is more muddled conceptually than In the Court of the Crimson King, quite a feat. But they're not afraid to be harsh, they command a range of styles, and their dynamics jolt rather than sledgehammer (properly electric, that). Also, they can play: kudos to drummer Michael Giles and guitarist Robert Fripp, who also illustrates the old adage, "Better a Mellotron than real strings." C+

I like this album more now than ITCOTKC

OP here, any other albums from them worth a listen?

All of their early work outside of itCotCK is super underrated

I see. What are your thoughts on Heavy Metal? And am I right in thinking that the Ramones are the best thing to ever happen to music, sir?

Quite possibly the most obvious remake of a debut album I've not seen since the Days of Dremmel

They are a band with more brilliance in their discography than not. Listen to all of it if you get the chance, but in my opinion:

>Don't Bother tier:
Beat
Three of a Perfect Pair
The Construction of Light

>Has Its Moments tier:
THRAK
The Power to Believe

>Great tier:
In the Wake of Poseidon
Islands
Discipline
Starless and Bible Black

>All-time Classic tier:
In the Court of the Crimson King
Lizard (deal with it)
Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Red

You should probably give the greatest rock song in history a go, for starters.

youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8

I assume you've already listened to their first two, so pretty much everything from Lizard to Discipline is worth listening to. If you need a place to start, I'd say listen to Red, Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Discipline, and Islands in that order, then try the rest in whatever order you'd like. I also quite like Three of a Perfect Pair and Thrak as well, but they aren't necessarily essential.

Posting the superior version.
youtu.be/FhKJgqxNDD8

I agree actually, Jakko's singing aside, but I think it's only fair that OP acquaints himself with studio versions before he starts discovering the different live versions. Although saying that, I think there is something to be gained from showing people Absent Lovers straight off the bat. People don't expect that kind of energy from a prog band.

And on that note...

youtube.com/watch?v=bUqGK-Z9a9I

The drumming's a bit straighter than Bruford's was, even with three drummers.

Swap out Discipline and Lizard.

I really don't understand why KC loves P. J. Crook's ugly art so much.

>Pictures of a City and Cadence & Cascade
>Better than 21st Century and I Talk to the Wind
No.

The only song on here better than it's ITCOTCK equivalent is Devil's Triangle v Moonchild.

This is so so so wrong.

>Don't bother tier
The ConstruKtion of Light

>Has its moments tier
Islands
Beat
Lizard
In the Wake of Poseidon

>Great tier
Three of a Perfect Pair
THRAK
Starless and Bible Black
The Power to Believe

>Classic tier
Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Red
Discipline
In the Court of the Crimson King

People somehow keep getting it into their heads that Lizard and Islands are somehow in the top half of Crimson, which is utterly false.

Cadence and Cascade, and Cat Food are legitimately great songs. Other than that the album is just an inferior Court

Why is it false? I personally love both of those albums, so I'd like to see why you rank them so low. Also, The Power To Believe is way too high in my opinion- even ConstruKction is better than that one.

Moonchild is the best KC song, you pleb.

I like Moonchild a lot- I'd argue it's underrated even- but Devil's Triangle is better. I still wouldn't put either song in a top 10.
>ConstruKtion better than Power to Believe
I'm sure other people share this opinion, but for me Power and THRAK are basically equivalent, while ConstruKtion is the most boring album they've ever done.

As for Islands and Lizard, they are absolutely great records. There isn't a single KC record I dislike or even feel lukewarm over except for ConstruKtion. The problem is that just about everything else they've done is better than those two records. They're not visceral enough to match anything from the Wetton era, and they're not psychedelic enough to match anything from the Lake era. They're almost the KC equivalent to smooth jazz.

>Dont bother tier
>Beat
>TOAPP
wrong

80s Crimson was the best Crimson