Did this bias you when you watched BvS?

Did this bias you when you watched BvS?

no
didn't think it was that bad though. just regular bad.

nope, still went in and enjoyed it

Lex luthor was shit though, and some of the pacing was off

I went in with an open mind, but from the very beginning when that dumbass friend of Wayne's stands in place for about 5-10 minutes while everyone else is fleeing the building until it collapses (much like pa kent in MoS), simply for the purpose of giving Batman a personal reason to fight Superman, there was shit that didn't make sense and terrible, contrived writing, throughout the entire movie that I couldn't overlook.

In other words, the reviews were accurate.

Not nearly as much as when I saw "directed by zack snyder."

No
It was still bad

Not really.

The first half hour or so of the movie I easily thought that the rating was bullshit. As it dragged on and got more stupid and convoluted I started to understand more, and then when Doomsday came into play I realized the film was irredeemable shit.

No.

The autistic reasons people were inventing in their head for why this movie was bad were astounding.

Didn't watch it. Didn't watch Civil Wat either. BVS looked like wishy washy garbage attempting to seem like art, and CW looked like a toothless commercial for other characters.

It gave me more hope than was deserved.

Kinda
If anything it set my expectations so low that I actually ended up enjoying the film more than expected. It's shit, but not 27% shit.

It made me go in thinking it would suck but then I watched it and thought it was pretty good (besides a handful of questionable scenes)

I don't think people liked it because you had to piece the plot together yourself instead of the movie guiding you from point A to B at all times like other superhero movies do

Yes, honestly it did. The first time I saw it I thought it was just terrible, but I saw it again a few weeks later and it seemed passable. Not great, but passable. Reviews THAT bad do have an influence unfortunately.

As soon as I saw the those advertisements in the middle of the fucking movie, I decided it was complete horseshit.

Fuck Warner Bros.

Even when you piece the plot together, it's convoluted and not worth thinking about.

I expected an absolute turd and was surprised to find an OK film. Subsequently my friends have watched it as well and said that they're surprised at the immense backlash it has received. It's not a great film but it's not a pile of shit either. People need to stop being extremists and accept that there are average films out there as well, not just good and bad.

>billionaire playboy jumping around in latex suit gets in a pissfight with alien in spandex suit, but then teams up with some random amazon warrior woman who can barely speak english, to fight the most generic monster in film history and the worst depiction of a comic book antagonist on film
why would anyone like this unless they liked explosions and quips, plus stale religious symbolism?

what fucking film were you two watching? it was incredibly linear and easy to follow

when i read shit like this i just think you're retarded

No, Man of Steel made me expect it to be bad already.

Batman V Superman was the first time that a ticket clerk at the movies has told me not to see the movie.

I'm glad it was made though. I had fun watching it, even though the plot was incomprehensible garbage and the characters bad. I loved the online reaction to it and watching roundtables of fans arguing trying to figure what went wrong like the fucking 9/11 Comission.

I went to the local cinema to see it BECAUSE it was getting shit on. It was pure entertainment, my friend and I laughed and shared incredulous looks throughout the flick.

Thanks Snyder!

>Batman V Superman was the first time that a ticket clerk at the movies has told me not to see the movie

obviously a paid marvel shill

Yes. It made me think that 1/4 of it would be good.

In a way it did. I pretty much had zero expectation and it still couldn't impress.

>friend dragged me to TFA because of the good reviews
>movie ends
>he hated it

>drag friend to BvS despite the bad reviews
>movie ends
>he liked it

I didn't even check the score.

what was bad about it?
I liked it, apart from some silly scenes and overlooking that I was watching a superhero made for adults it was pretty decent

Nah.

I only watched the extender version, tho. Does it make it better than the theatrical version?

heard about the reviews, wanted to see it for the sake of seeing it, but only if it was with friends.

It wasn't terrible, but it didn't do anything to stand out. Forced symbolism everywhere that people will get the first time viewing, just not care about. Some scenes dragged on, others shouldn't have been in the film in general. Some scenes felt like they were spoon feeding the audience every ten seconds.

Batman was refreshingly different, and probably the best parts of the film were his scenes. Lex Luthor on the other hand, was borderline unbearable.

5/10. Will watch it again, provided I'm with friends or it's on TV.

Agreed

I like how he needed to be told by wayne, personally, to evacuate when a giant alien ship started bouncing things up and down with gravity waves of increasing intensity.

He was simply a cuck

not really, went in expecting to hate it but actually thoroughly enjoyed it.