7.6 on IMBD

>7.6 on IMBD
>67% on RT
>64 metascore

How would you rate it?

4/10

Boring as fuck, the plot is just stupid, ending is shit.

Killerkino

Post your face when you realize Luis and Gavin Belson are played by the same guy

8/10
Excellent commentary of yuppie culture and Bale's performance is amazing

7.7/10

9/10 infinite watchability

Did he really kill all those people?

dubs

THIS!!

88/100

Christian Bale's early work was a little too tame for my tastes, but when american psycho came out in '00, I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically. The whole movie has a clear, crisp script, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the acting a big boost.

What's the user percentage?

fucking kys

holy shit

7.7 IMDB
77% RT
77 Metascore

In the book it is more or less confirmed. In the movie the scene with the real estate lady probably also confirms it. She found the bodies he hid there and didn't tell the police so that she could see the apartment for more, it's why she's uncomfortable at Bateman being there

you sound like something familiar

No
He was just a lame autist who fantasized about being a suave, smooth serial killer, and he got the two confused

7/10

Why didn't they put the child killing part in the movie?

10/10

11/11

Impressive.

Very nice.

The movie would have got an NC 17 rating

77/100

Same reason they didn't put the necrophilia and canibalism.

>naked christian bale will never chase you around with a chainsaw

jdimsa

2/10 pleb garbage for faggot communists

Book, yes.
Film, probably not.

Three and a half stars, perhaps four.

66/100

Book is more ambigious. In the movie, almost certainly not.

What are you talking about? In the book it's far less likely, seeing as he constantly hallucinates progressively weirder shit

Whoof. I feel bad for you if that's what you got out of the film. The movie explicitly mocks idiot Communists.

The taxi driver scene in the book. The driver tells him 'You killed Vinnie' (another taxi driver) and refuses to give him a ride.

Also, the director of the movie said '"One thing I think is a failure on my part is people keep coming out of the film thinking that its all a dream, and I never intended that. All I wanted was to be ambiguous in the way that the book was. I think it's a failure of mine in the final scene because I just got the emphasis wrong. I should have left it more open ended. It makes it look like it was all in his head, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not."

Yes, but even he says that he can't remember killing any taxi drivers, and the guy then immediately mugs him, with the chapter ending with Bateman whispering "I just want to keep the game going", which makes me think the guy was a hallucination as well

At least she recognized that she screwed up.
I think the part where his lawyer says that he saw Paul Allen not long ago really cemented the fact that it was all in his head.

That part is in the book as well

I'd rate it dubs/dubs

A dubs to a dubs also happens to be a dubs?
Coincidence?

Why didn't they keep the part where he swallows 10 whole crack vials?

HEY OP!

Chloe Sevingy with bangs is such a fucking CUTE! A FUCKING CUTE!

Could the lawyer have mistaken someone else for Allen just as Allen mistook Bateman for Marcus Hallberstram?

What happened?

>Actually sucked dick on camera

Why?

did you miss the fact that nearly all of the characters look the same? that they are misidentified nearly every chapter?

Why do it for free when you can get paid for it you fucking idiot?

trip dubs

dey took her

it's actually shit
read the book

Overrated, I would probably rate 3/10.

8/10

999/1000

I give it a 44/100

Sounds about right. The yuppie culture message is apparent and has potential but the movie seems more focused on being quirky than and shocking than on developing the commentary.

The novel is a million times better then this movie

He's been compared to Ben Affleck, but I think Christian has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

this

Why didn't they keep the part where he shoved the rat up the prostitute's vagina?

6/10

memes aside, it's honestly not that great. the only thing it has going for it is christian bale who was fantastic. the book is a billion times better.

actually he starves them and puts them in tubes, to be more precise

checked

It is trash.

0/10

it's probably the most underrated film in modern history. it's objectively a classic.

i wrote an essay on its cinematography for a film studies class on the framing and use of angles.

I also did this and numbered the pages 11,22,33,44,etc and my professor didn't even give me extra credit. Fucking pleb.

ALL actors are whores, no exceptions.

It's a pretty solid dark comedy.
I think it's better to view it as that, instead of a horror/thriller.

9/10

3rd time watching it a week ago and it was the best time yet

Definite 9/10

It was already threatened with an NC-17 just for the 'Don't just stare at it, eat it' scene

It really only appealed to me as a window into the privilege and ethic of a Wall Street Trader. Not that every one is a serial killer, but its a social club for people to detail every facet of their appearance and outward expression to be likable and yet fundamentally flawed as human beings. No introspection, all vanity. I love aspects of it, too much to say I didn't enjoy the film, but I don't remember much that isn't the memes.

77%

33%

isn't this obvious?

do people think AP is a horror film or a thriller?

obserf tis two same numbres

Not all of them.

He went into a homicidal fantasy because he hated the world around him. His secretary was pure and he didn't want to kill her with the nail gun.

its funny how Sup Forums doubles as an american psycho fanclub

> fucking kys

this website is for grown ups.

8/10 or 9/10.
One of the most severely critically underrated films I can think of.

said the redditor

5/5 for me