What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Nothing, and kindly go euthanise yourself senpai.

Everything

>>>/reddit/

It was literally hit or miss. I guess I chalk it up to the first season of a brand new series. The hotel fight was on point though. Terrible finale.

>Literally nothing happens: The Show.

this desu famalam

Took to long to develop characters and their back stories and advance the current plot. Shitty subplots, not enough background on Cassidy or the saint of killers. Jackie earl Haley and Cassidy were good, the fight with the angels was great but it sputtered at the end. That final episode in the church was fucking cringeworthy. Also, is there such a thing as a methane reactor?

Killing Quincannon.

You do realise gas is mostly methane right?

Yes. But I've never heard of a methane reactor. Also the scenes of the power room every episode were confusing as fuck to me, I thought it was supposed to be some sort of control room in hell and it meant they were gonna let the cowboy out or demons to come after Jesse or some shit

Absolutely nothing, top show tbqh familia

I wish tulip didn't have a smashed in pug face

Donnie was best boy

pretty much this, the show is actually a really great pleb filter

Not watched it but no way could it do justice to the comic

thank god, the comics were preteen angst trash, the show is actually good

>I must have every single plot point explained immediately to me.

You're a burger, right?

You haven't actually read the comics have you.

The background stories for the Saint of Killers and Cassidy weren't shown in the comic for quite a while and the show actually showed all of the Saint's this season.

nothing. it's grindhouse comic book tv like The Walking Dead. don't invest too much in these characters and watch for dumb, silly fun.

so does anyone know how it did ratings-wise? anywhere near TWD numbers?

I did back when I was 15
don't let the nostalgia googles fool you, I hope you have read better things since the end of the comics, and I'm talking about books

Everything:

>fails as adaptation
>fails to deliver good original content
>fails to create interesting characters
>fails to offers a good update
>fails to deliver a good narrative
>fails to give a good ending

Nu-male show.

This

Another shitty vertigo adaption. Thank god Sandman got cancelled before it made it to TV

It's 80% filler. The finale was dope though

>youre a burger right?
>discussing a burger made show developed from a burger made comic
Nigga this show was so slow I couldn't pay attention to their shitty subplots

>all of the saint's
Yea sure, if those 3 days were his entire backstory. Would've liked some scenes of him at gettysburg

Might as well put in scenes of him as a child if you want that much shown.

Nothing. It's fun

yeah, i'm with you. i recently reread the comic having not read comics in years and while it's charming, it's not all that great. what it does well is the camaraderie of the main 3 characters - until, well, the inevitable - and there are some genuinely funny moments, but overall it reads very freshman high school level stuff. matter of fact, the comic series wasn't plotted well, either. the story should have culminated/climaxed with the Until the End of the World arc, as that's the arc where all character development stops until the last few issues. nearly everything after seemed like an epilogue.

Comics were great.
Show is meh at best.

But, this is the pattern with most written source material when its adapted for tv. right?

I just came in to post that fight scene in the motel is fucking GOAT and had me laughing in stitches.

Lol the finale was the worst episode of the season

Wow. Great strawman bud. Don't deny scenes of him massacring yanks at during Pickett's charge wouldn't be dope.

are you a retard? you better be

totally agree

anyway, the series is very hit or miss, but arguments like "it should be more faithful", "its just filler", "nothing happens" can come only from literal retards

a new series need time to introduce characters, develop them and give them motives, all those "fillers" were just that

also the season finale was great, but not amazing

>im too braindead to enjoy something so its bad

They didnt cater to normies enough. Its gonna get cancelled after season 2.

>I thought it was supposed to be some sort of control room in hell

I also got this impression. Those scenes were just sorta spliced in, and it took 10 hours to show they were connected to the guy in the control room along with those exhaust vent things above ground.

Anyways, went into this show not expecting something quite so slowly paced. Not that I have a problem with that, I like slow burn. But I felt even with the extra time spent getting to know the characters, it could have done that in less time with tighter scripting.

I didn't say it was bad, I said it was got or miss meaning it was either good or it was bad. 50/50

i've yet to see the entire series. i only saw the pilot and an episode and dug most of it. Tulip's accent was quite suspect, but Cassidy and Jesse were done well. can't wait to hunker down and watch it all, though, when i have the time. i like to watch a series an episode two a night for a full week or two and not have to wait a week per episode. sucks for the Sup Forums banter as i'm always late, but i think it's a better way to watch a 8-12 hour series than either binging or waiting a week for each installment.

episode 1-9
>jesse, we have to murder the guy that screwed us over. you are no preacher, leave this town and come with me.
>no
episode 10
>jesse, i got the guy who screwed us over. how about murdering him?
>okay, i have to avange our dead baby
>wait, i changed my mind, lets not murder him
that was some character development i did not get. in the timespan of 5 minutes she completely changed her mind so that preachers soul does not go to hell or something like that.
but i liked the show. maybe a bit slow.

You realise Ennis is Irish and Dillon is English yeah.

Preacher, Tulip, Cassidy, Saint of Killers, Emily, Fiore and DeBlanc are all Anglo/Irish actors....

It's fucking fantastic

I miss Emily

>preachers soul doesn't go to hell
Yet he killed that guard at the bank....and shot a dudes dick off

Can't wait for Jody and TC to show up and kick Jesse and Tulip's asses.

>spend entire first season introducing dozens of characters and subplots
>kill literally all of them
>offscreen
I feel like the whole show was designed to troll you into wasting hours watching it

It's the television equivalent of this macro

I just miss Emily...

I thought about her first thing when I woke up this morning

>I have zero knowledge of the comic series on which this show is based

A: Who gives a fuck about comics
B: Apparently somebody at AMC chose to spend an entire year telling the story of the people who died in the first frame of the first page of the first issue of the comic

Had a warm inviting face,nice personality, and it's wasted potential after what happened with Miles.

>what happened with Miles
I was so proud

Proud of what? He did nothing to deserve that.

Its called character development.

They could have just started with them on the road like the comic, but they wanted to introduce the main characters, villains and motivations in general.

The entire season was basically a prequel to the main event.

He was trying to convince Emily that preacher was evil or wrong and he was an accessory to Odin's killing of those execs.

I didn't like him

Top kek

Me too.

Why did Donnie suddenly become best buds with Jessie?
It was so confusing.

It's literally explained in the episode.

Did he use the word on him offscreen? Or convince him that he was able to bring god down?

So dense

Yeah, but it was stupid. So out of character.

Literally every character in preacher has killed somebody, whether it was self defence or cold murder. Yet each character has his/her own ethical code that they try to stick by. By your definition every Angel, Archangel and God should be sent to hell as well. The point is that no-one can claim to be innocent, they can just claim not to be an asshole about it.

I swear its like you spergs haven't even read the comics.

Consider suicide.

>He was trying to convince Emily that preacher was evil or wrong

He said that Jesse made a deal and was forfeiting on it, still not a reason to kill him.

>and he was an accessory to Odin's killing of those execs.

She had no knowledge of that.

Many people do you man-child.

Nice projecting.

Lazy writing, they needed a scene to remind people that Tulip is "badass"

They should have just...adapted the comic. I mean, what the fuck.

Anyone know her name? I need to know.

We don't need god, I'll let you in on a secret we never did.

I hope they use What if God Was One of Us

I didn't mind them becoming friends i just felt it was so sudden and not explained good enough.

What kind of shitty answer is that?

>calls the comic teen angst
>literally read it when you were a teen.

nice projecting bud.

The way the comic fully explains Jessie's power issue one is really ham fisted

It took forever to get going as Seth Rogen or whoever runs it decided to make a prequel to the first issue of the actual story.

It sorta worked by the end after boring your tits off all season. By the time dudes are getting their dick shot off and the fake God picks his nose etc it actually felt like Preacher.

Cassidy is great and one thing the show actually did better than the books is set up the love triangle better. It doesn't come out of nowhere and make Cass even more of a turd.

Literally no one in the universe, this one or that one, cares about Miles

It strangely reminded me of King of The Hill but slightly twisted.

I genuinely liked some of the denizens of Annville it wasn't perfect it had moments.

Emily's daughter liked him, I couldn't give two fucks for anyone but Emily.

Oh yea, I forgot she asked about him before god showed up

I know this is unrelated as fuck but am I the only one who really likes that movie Dogma?

Is the Metatron in Preacher comic?

>Is the Metatron in Preacher comic?

No.

Maybe I'm weird but the plan Jane look really is appealing to me.

I actually really liked Tulips introduction with You're so Vain playing because I'm a sucker for those moments but otherwise she sucks as a character.

I dropped it because they blackwashed Tulip who is canonically a blonde caucasian.

I have no problem with black characters, but I'm sick of this forced diversity shit. I'm sick of Sup Forums being right.

If Cassidy is kill I'm not watching the show anymore.

Did anything in the show make you think he's dead? He's not.

So everyone in town just died?

>am I the only one who really likes that movie Dogma?
in the real world? no. all my friends who saw the movie loved it.
on Sup Forums? yes. people here hate everything just to be contrarian.

yes

Do you like shit? eat shit

yep. perfect way to end the season imo. rip the band aid off. new chapter for season 2.

did they blow up the town in the finale?
did they start the road trip?
did they ever introduce Jesse's family?

Game of Thrones was going on at the same time, boutta watch this now

Yes

Yes

Kinda

No, this is normal shit. I don't want to say just females play mind games when I am guilty of the same but sometimes we just want to know that someone we have a deep affection for would be willing to DO for us, even to the point of constantly bringing it up until they say yes and simply being satisfied with that. She even flat out says "It's the thought that counts..."

I have no problem with representation of anybody in media but lately everything is just so damn politically charged, and with Rogen at the head it would more likely swing to the left. Considering Sheriff Root said the N word in the comic I can only see that they'd turn that trait up to 11 in the show and be his defining attribute.

Is this show cucked or does it at least attempt to not go Tarantino on strawman characters?

This thing with her horrible attempt at a Southern accent and cunty, abrasiv, bully attitude was the worst thing about it.

>Is this show cucked?
yes this is at its core the problem