Does Sup Forums like Curtis Mayfield

Does Sup Forums like Curtis Mayfield

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P5fmOmK5nV0
youtube.com/watch?v=t-l91O9VxN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea, I'm your pusherman, I'm your friend, I'm your neighbor, you want coke you want dro, let me know (._.)

I mean, I like it, but thing is the drug culture it promotes is a large part of what destroyed African American culture in America. That makes me not like it so much.

We probably wouldn't of had the crack epidemic in the 80s and subsequent gang culture in the 90s if not for the "heeyyyy buddy try some coke!" attitude that prevailed after the hippies made smoking weed cool.

a musical genius, love him

move on up is one of the best songs ever made

That song is from a perspective of a character. It's ironic, If you can't tell by the lyrics.

You are absolutely clueless about Curtis Mayfield and the message that his music carried. Pls stop commenting in this thread. thanks in advance.

Anyway, even on his worst albums there was still always the one absolute groover. youtube.com/watch?v=P5fmOmK5nV0

I love what I've heard from him.

Had "Back To The World" on vinyl, listened to it constantly

How could you not man

youtube.com/watch?v=t-l91O9VxN0

thinking about his accident always makes me really sad. he seemed like such a nice, wholesome dude. imagine how much more good music he could've made.

not my favorite kanye song but i can understand your point

I want to listen to this album someday but that artwork is off putting

Curtis Mayfield was the man!

>According to Australian radio station Triple J, Mayfield recorded his songs by lying on his back, the only way he could get enough air into his lungs, and singing one verse at a time. After every verse for a song had been recorded, they were edited together for the finished, continuous track.

Gotta be honest, his voice bugs me too much for me to listen to him as often as I prob should

wow you're a moron

Oh christ yeah

kys
kys
>should
kys

I personally think his voice is fantastic; one of my favorite voices of all time. To each his own.