How tiny transmitters can we actually produce?

How tiny transmitters can we actually produce?

I'm thinking about a device that could measure electrical activity and have a transmitter able to send the data it produces on the range of at least half a meter. What is the smallest such a thing would need to be to still be able to do that?

About the size of your dick. Technology has come far

Depends. RFID chips can be the size of a grain of rice but they have to be powered "remotely" using radio waves.

ESP8266 is wifi and aint that big but it's a power hog. and they get hot.

the antenna size is the real issue but for less than a meter, surface mount antennas are fine. again, they are about the size of (or smaller than) a piece of rice.

wtf oyu trying you build?

i mean... "electrical activity" is vague.

I'm guessing OP just means a little galvanometer

brain activity microscanner
How hot exactly would it get? Too hot for an organism?

I know, for now I assume that basically any kind of activity should do

Main problem with brain wave work/EEG is that anything useful requires REALLY clean power and REALLY well designed/expensive amplifiers to even get any signals above the noise floor.

and that usually depends on having what's called a "wet" electrode on the scalp/skin.

picking up eeg or other bioelectric signatures from a distance other than just amplifying the signals the body is producing ends up being closer to an MRI... and that means having a MASSIVE magnetic field...

which, again, isn't all that tiny, or cheap (or safe, honestly, unless you're careful)

Now, if that shit's implanted, different story... you'd still probably need a decent amp, power supply and radio that can send however much data you need as fast as you need

I know this stuff about EEG, but remember that this is partly due to skull and a fuckload of tissue guarding the access to the braincells.
Yes, what I'm thinking of would be more similar to fMRI, but I don't get why would you think it would need to involve any serious magnetic fields in the form I'm proposing.

I was thinking about inserting a fuckton of microtransmitters into the bloodstream, letting them take places over the whole brain and measure (even if with low accuracy) the activity of the deeper brain parts

Hang on don't go anywhere I'll do the calculation for you

ok, I'm waiting

Ok i think i got it

Micro transmitters into the brain?
Now you are just talking nonsense.
MRI is definitely what you are thinking about... and that using reactive fluid in the blood.
It would be safer to just cut open a brain and put sensors down in there.

I'm listening...

If i did it right its at least 2.7

most of the big discoveries came out of ideas considered nonsensical at their time.
I want it done without large devices, able to measure brain activity in real life and real time.

No, it's not MRI I have in mind. I want robots telling me what is going on where.

2.7 of what?

2.7 of the radius

but radius of what?

Well then you need to start studying nanobots.
>Nano batteries
>Nano transmitter
>Nano EEG sensors
You are right, it will probably be a reality one day
You have some major hurdles first.

That rice grain.

Ah another "genius" that is already proposing shit we've been working on and figuring out for years. Welcome to nano (and smaller) technology, son.

I'm just the idea guy. Robots are to boring to me to ever consider majoring in a related field. I just want to know whether my current Idea has at least a slight chance of coming true with the use of today's technology

way too big then.
How did you even come to this conclusion?

hello

let's not make the ones in OP's pic, don't want nothing in my bellybutton.

> (You)

I'm not the one you talked to, was just kidding.

you're going to help us whether you want it or not, Mr. user

Everyone is an idea guy...
nano robotics is exactly what you are talking about. but you are too disinterested.
A better use of time would be finding a much more efficient battery to power the future.

My question is, who the fuck is going to let you do this? Or are you going to do animal/self trials?

One thing I've learned in life is that everyone is an "ideas guy", get to the back of the line behind all the people that can actually do shit like the programmers, physicists, engineers, mathematicians, etc etc.

fuck better future, I just want to learn how the brain works

that's the biggest problem, that's right. I would certainly volunteer to be the subject for this if they were to let me. Animal trials aren't out of the question either

no. I have one life and it will either be fun or it won't be at all

You'll never learn how the brain works. What do you even do for a living/what qualifications do you even have?