filecrypt.cc/Container/3C163CE2A5.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RTwna0gYQow
youtube.com/watch?v=17sXQ8Ivses
youtube.com/watch?v=IA2uHQ9XBI8
youtube.com/watch?v=-LgQhfusf_E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So it's out?

Leaked yesterday. I'd share the link with you but it's already taken down

someone last night was saying this album is influenced by african music?

that it was focused more on texture and rythm than melody...

they were talking about it being influenced by another musician....a guitarist

anyone remember who it was?

It's sampled on On Another Ocean. It's Tezeta by Mulatu Astatke.

He also said the album is influenced by Emahoy Tsegue Maryam Guebru and Hailu Mergia.

the musician he was talking about guitarist wise was a westerner. he linked the album cover

That's strange, I remember a "will it leak" thread this morning.

Maybe we're in a different time zone.

Maybe they were late to the party. I will say though that even though this is in "320" it sounds a little .. fuzzy at times. So it's definitely not retail quality.

Oh my bad, I didn't read what you posted correctly. I thought you were asking who the African musicians were.

I remember them mentioning Steve Reich and David Behrman but I don't remember anything about a guitarist.

literal AOTY

Oh wait, now I remember. Someone mentioned John Fahey but I'm not sure if Robin said that was an influence on this record.

How does Robin do it lads. Those lyrics.. those melodies. They have such a spiritual quality and immediately speak to your soul. I could spend 10 years and not write something half this good. It's a little depressing actually.

I like his music but I wouldn't want every musician to make something like this.

so wait, is robin gay? he said third of may is about his relationship with a guy in the band and the whole album smells like a break up album, right down to the title

>I wouldn't want every musician to make something like this.
Don't worry, most couldn't if they wanted to.

filecrypt.cc/Container/3C163CE2A5.html

here's a link for the lazy

>pandering to weebs
Really? And why the title change? Wasn't it called Ylajali?

No, I'm saying I'm impressed by this record but I appreciate other variant music just as equally. You said it was depressing you couldn't write something half this good but I wouldn't want to hear someone else write something like this.

what? fuck off

Assuming you're not shitposting, no. It's merely about a long friendship and maintaining that despite strains.

kek

>And why the title change? Wasn't it called Ylajali?
Yes, but then Robin realized Hamsun was a Nazi supporter. Don't know how he forgot that.

I understand. I guess where I was coming from is I don't usually put so much stake into lyrics in music: if it sounds good it sounds good. But the stuff Robin did on Helplessness Blues and Crack-Up really floor me. It's not a lot of obscure symbolism like a Dylan would use. It's direct, but not Hemingway-direct but there's little to figure out, you know? You immediately are able to understand and relate to what he's saying. It's so human. That's what I'm envious of, being able to write lyrics so simple yet so evocative. I hang on every word of his.

I feel you. His diction is what really gets me a lot of times. The words he chooses are perfectly coupled with the music. Third of May is a perfect example:

>Light ended the night, but the song remained
>And I was hiding by the stair, half here
>Half there, past the lashing rain
>And as the sky[e] would petal white, old innocent lies came to mind
>As we stood, congregated, at the firing line

Or even simple lyricism like this compliments the coasting instrumental groove perfectly on Naiads, Cassadies.

>Fire can't doubt its heat
>Water can't doubt its power
>You're not adrift, you're not a gift
>You know you're not a flower

Yeah I think he really stepped up his lyrics game on here.

I like Helplessness Blues well enough and it meant a lot to me when I was younger, but looking back it can come off a bit juvenile. Crack-Up really does feel more evolved in pretty much every sense.

Yeah he truly has a gift. Not only the poetry but the way he converts that poetry into melodies. No other music really makes me feel this way, it's enough to make me cry desu. It's so beautifully sad and happy all at once. I'll happily wait 6 years for the next Foxes album if he keeps delivering like this.

I can see that but I've revisited Helplessness Blues a few times and it's still poignant for me. The title track has my favorite lyric ever.
>If I had an orchard, I'd work 'til I'm sore
God, the many way you can interpret that based on your own life conditions. I won't share too much about myself but when I hear his music it's like he's writing it for me personally.

the title is from a salinger short story senpai

*F. Scott Fitzgerald essay collection

Then you should reupload it....?

Christ what happened to this place.

Someone literally linked it in the thread you dunce. Scroll up

the musician he was talking about guitarist wise was a westerner. he linked the album cover

I said it here

John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers

I think that's the album that got posted

can hear it if you said it influenced him interesting music

This is way better than anything else Fleet Foxes have ever done.

AOTY for sure.

Not better than Helplnessness Blues IMO but I'll have to wait to hear the non-fuzzy retail version before I pass final judgement.

"As an iris contracts facing the day / I can tell you've cracked like a china plate"

The lyrics on here are amazing.

>best
i am all that i need

>runner up
if you need to

>worst
kept woman

Kept Woman is great, yo

Not that user but I preferred the lyrics and music of the live version. The studio version feels a bit flat; still good though.

To be fair the leaked album isn't retail quality so it should sound better when it officially comes out.

I highly doubt it. The double tracked vocals are not as good as Robin's single voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=RTwna0gYQow

>I highly doubt it
Excuse me? The leaked version has "fuzz" all over the place. The retail copy will objectively sound better.

did you download the 128 or 320kbs version? The 320 one sounds fine to me.

Okay, so the sound quality will be somewhat better. The music itself is not going to be radically different in my mind. Kept Woman is still going to be a lower point in the album for me. It's the only point in the album that I think is overdone in terms of instrumentation and production.

I have the 320 version. It sounds "fine" but it still has fuzz/static all over the place. This isn't the final product. Just listen to the perfect production of Helplessness Blues. That's what it's going to sound like on retail day.

All of Fleet Foxes' albums have a lot of influence from 70's American Primitivism and Americana. I can definitely hear some John Fahey and Robbie Basho in all 3 albums. In the new one I also hear a lot of Leonard Cohen.

youtube.com/watch?v=17sXQ8Ivses
youtube.com/watch?v=IA2uHQ9XBI8

Mearcstapa is literally a Radiohead song

I wasn't saying that they weren't influenced by American Primitivism artists like Fahey or Basho, I just think particular with Fahey the influence is a bit less on Crack-Up. I can see where you're coming from with Leonard Cohen though. I think the influence of progressive folk artists like Roy Harper is much more prevalent on Crack-Up.

I was just thinking this earlier while listening to it. The last minute or so is very King of Limbs-esque

I'm not getting that at all.

Really? It's quite similar. Focus on the instrumentation. The odd time signature, the wiggly bassline, the atmosphere.

I wasn't saying you said that. But yes I can definitely hear the Roy Harper thing. Fleet Foxes are (or were) really popular and a lot of people here take them for granted or think it's entry level shit for this reason, but Robin Pecknold really know his shit, he sure listened to his dad's Tacoma LP's.

>We Mysticum now

Robin Fleetfox keeping folk lyricism pure

I like Crack-Up but it's not going to change anything about folk. The Lumineers were the last fucking straw.

Is the leak a transcode or a legit rip?

legit, just make sure you get the 320 one.

The change in On Another Ocean just blows me the fuck away

>mfw
I'll just fucking say it, Robin is the best songwriter of my generation.

>Robin is the best songwriter of my generation.
close, but no cigar.

her voice is too whacky desu

not true, but regardless we're just talking about songwriting. Robin himself would admit she's on a different level.

fair enough. it's just hard for me to get past her voice.

Have you listened to Have One On Me? Her voice is much warmer on there.

youtube.com/watch?v=-LgQhfusf_E

I think that vocal performance is pretty conventionally pleasant.

yeah I listened to it when it came out. didn't like it then and don't like it now. I see the appeal its just not for me. I realllllly don't like her voice, dunno what to tell you

>worst
I should see memphis

this desu

WHY CAN'T I JUST SLEEP

i thought it had something to do with the fact that hopelessness blues was released on may 3rd

"I left you in frame, and you rose to be ossified
As a rose of the oceanside,
Too long to the light of the morning
So unseen, as light in a dream
Too long now to the rising"

How do I get on this level? Some incredible lyricism on this album