I think society is in a really weird time right now. Everyone wants connection, whether their a people person or not...

I think society is in a really weird time right now. Everyone wants connection, whether their a people person or not. That's what the internet is for. But it's honestly worrisome because people aren't really getting close anymore.

It opens up a whole new world for the lazy and introverted. They don't need to go anywhere to feel like a part of a community. They can sit right at home alone, and talk to random people on the internet.

I don't really think this could head in a positive direction. But I'm fucking stoned, so who knows?

ITT: General stoner thread. What you smoking tonight Sup Forums?

man that show was dope, i gotta rewatch it.

Go get bullied

just woke up and i'm rolling up
going to cycle through runescape, mass effect and battlefield all day

I see what you're saying OP. Being the lazy introvert you described, the internet has taken over most physical confrontation. I think it's a double edge sword really. On one hand, you can talk to whoever the fuck you want without restrictions of any kind but you also lose out on the people you know back at home.

The world was fucked before the internet. The moment we started charging people for the basic necessities of human life (food, water, shelter) we fucked ourselves. this planet is a fucking joke. work your whole life and never get to actually live might as well off ourselves now. whats their to wait for?

Face to face interaction is overrated. Back in the good old days, most interactions were violent.

As I see it, it's the porcupine dilemma. People hate each other, but they're scared of being alone too, and the internet allows people to be just as close to each other as they like.

>The moment we started charging people for the basic necessities of human life (food, water, shelter) we fucked ourselves
that was the jews.

honestly the world would be a much, much comfier place if the jews were dead. hitler was totally right. the only problem is people are brainwashed to think hitler was bad and the jews can do no wrong. even though they own literally everything.

We live in the generation of memes. The world sucks regardless.
But hey, at least we weren't born in the slums.

The maain difference from say 20 years ago is that these niche communities had to share proximity as well as interest, that's why you only really had avante garde art scenes in highly populated cities.

I think it will actually help society as a whole since now strange kids in say colorado can find some outlet and can be unerstood by their peers even if the peers do not find the same interest as them.

why is "lazy" an inherently bad quality?

pic related I'm smoking roaches cause I'm out.

Being lazy isn't a BAD quality. There are worse ones out there for sure. It's just that people make it seem like it's a vile thing to be.

i wanna know why people always associate laziness with introversion

I should really stop using crutches and just start keeping roaches.

I didn't associate the two. Just paired them in this scenario.

maybe so, but a lot of people I've met do and i just don't see it

>I don't really think this could head in a positive direction
The dissemination of information is the positive here. Knowledge literally is power and the powerful pray on the weak. Cult leaders, corrupt politicians, soldiers who commit war crimes, etc. the only reason these people can get away with the things they do is through ignorance.

>crutches
wat?

Maybe because they dont go out too much so people assume they are lazy

you do understand that people use the internet without ever. ever going to tindr or fb or snapshat you do something or see friends doing something and you assume the whole world is doing those things.

this, i had a myspace in middle school, a face book in highschool and after i graduated i stopped using that entirely

now i have this and a few forums i frequent

Get a fucking job

who is this directed too? are you telling yourself this in an effort to motivate yourself?

Rolled up strip of paper to use almost like a filter in my joint.

People can be still be lazy assholes and have a job. Just like me.

Yeah, you dumb fuckin ape

oh I always just called it a filter even though it's not one, maybe I'll start using that word though

It used to support the weed, much like a crutch would support a person, haha

I've never felt like I belonged anywhere. Not with my family. Not at my job. Not with the dwindling handful of friends that still occasionally invite me out. I do not belong. I'm over it.

What's that show name?

the oblongs

fuck off back to North Korea you commies

If you are introverted (autistic af) wheter you have Internet or not will not change it
People that are not shy spend a lot of time on the internet but sharing stuff everywhere but tagging their friends or posting their pics all the time
Sure, it can help to be even more distant to people if you are already introverted but it's also a great space and a virtue that people didn't have in the past

are you saying g introverts are all autistic or did i read that wrong?

>why is "lazy" an inherently bad quality?
sloth is one of the seven sins.

so?