/slowcore/

Slowcore thread
What album do you guys prefer, Lowercase or half cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4UeFxYHYoRA
youtube.com/watch?v=4wsSip-syt4
youtu.be/Xguangi-Aaw
youtube.com/watch?v=E9KVhQOrDjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope /slow/ becomes a thing, but the threads are always hit or miss. Hopefully this one will be good.
To answer your question it's gotta be Lowercase; everything about that album just is so melancholically beautiful, like falling into warm pool or floating on a makeshift floatation device as everything you've ever loved leaves in the distance. The Weight and the Sea is probably one of the best songs ever written desu, the way it builds, the way it all coalesces into a huge noise at the end. Shame these guys didn't make it big.

GM is seriously underrated, which isn't surprising considering that it's between two amazing songs. They use volume in that song in ways that a lot of bands couldn't even comprehend

Thinking about it, probably should've used a more popular slowcore album for the op image

Yeah definitely Lowercase for the reasons stated here Ambered is probably my favorite track from it, it feels like it's the "climax" of the album, and it really shows so much restraint how they only let the music build fully during that one section.

Half Cut is still great though. That pause after the snare hit in Old Star might be my favorite moment in music ever.

Lowercase is so good that I've only listened to Half Cut a couple of times.

>tfw you try and make a slowcore song and you realize it's not slow enough and your efforts have been in vain

dammit someone has to bring slowcore back to the modern scene.

It doesn't have to be glacial to be good

Oh fuck, i bought contemporary movement on vinyl earlier, half cut is underrated

Well it's probably not good anyways, I was joking about "bringing it back", just something I'm working on.

Not really slowcore, but do any of yall enjoy Flying Saucer Attack? I feel like slowcore fans would appreciate them.

Check out Movietone also, Matt Elliott was on their first two albums. The first one is more slowcore-tinged.

Thx, I've only heard The Sand And The Stars but I will be checking out their other stuff.

Was just thinking about making a /Slowcore/ general today-thanks user. Does anyone have recommendations/strong preference on The New Year? I love Bedhead dearly but haven't really checked out The New Year in any great detail

bump

I honestly really wasn't a fan of Snow, it was painfully boring and i just couldn't bring myself to care about it.

Thoughts on Love, Claire?

What's your go-to Just Fuck My Shit Up-core?

youtube.com/watch?v=4UeFxYHYoRA

They're okay. I think people overhype them due to the ambiguity of it all, but for the most part I think it's pretty run of mill post-rocky slowcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wsSip-syt4

>AND I AM NOT VERY WELLLLLL REAAAAAAAAAD
>AND THEY SAAAAAAAAY THAT I WIIILLLLLLLLLLL LOOOOOOSE MY HOOOOOUSE
>AND CAN YA SPARE ME OF MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PAIN
>AND CAN YA SPARE ME OF MY TEEEEEEEUHRS
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH UNCLE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE

ive been listening to the forgotten cinema lp ever since the guy put it up on youtube. One of my favorite albums atm

lkih

i went to school to learn
it didn't work
how do you learn to try
...why can't i

that line kills me every fucking time

Please give me more dark cabaret slowcore

Probably going to try getting into this kinda stuff, never listened to slowcore 'til earlier this week, still, there are too many releases at the moment, the new Harry Styles and soon Fleet Foxes will be clogging up my music time (and that's near all the time!). Been listening to Duster's albums though and they are great, played Low once and barely noticed it since I was all over the place. Frigid Stars was pretty good. Any recs? Might try lowercase, had it saved on Spotify (inb4 pleb) for a while now.

The Sand and the Stars is their best work imo. The earlier releases are fine but the last two albums are like on a playing field of their own.

youtu.be/Xguangi-Aaw

i bet none of y'all have listened to more slowcore than I have

rest of Matt Elliott

I like Geek The Girl, Stratosphere and Songs About Leaving. What else will I like?

this album needs more love

Half Cut is much better, it feels climactic and oceanic, L.T.D. and Old Star are their best songs. To me it's like comparing Frigid Stars and The White Birch; the later album is less appreciated and more dense in sound. Ambered is great though.
I love the lo-fi sound of this one, it sounds like it was buried in time. Ghost is one of the best songs of the genre. It's great that it has gained such a following and people found their full-length.
best Codeine lyric and song

what's this from?

Codeine- Tom
youtube.com/watch?v=E9KVhQOrDjs

Do you know any poppy slowcore like this?

idk if you noticed but the last words of the first four lines make "Red House Painters"
just going off of Songs About Leaving, Carissa's Wierd's other full lengths (You Should Be at Home Here and Ugly but Honest) are both really good
S is Jenn's solo work, would recommend I'm Not as Good at it as You
you may like Low- Things We Lost in the Fire and Ida- I Know About You, and pic related

I'm pretty sure White Birch is more popular than Frigid Stars with the general public.

Codeine's cover of Atmosphere by JD on the White Birch reissue is soooo good.

>idk if you noticed but the last words of the first four lines make "Red House Painters"

I've never noticed that. That's such a weird thing for Mark to intentionally do.

>idk if you noticed but the last words of the first four lines make "Red House Painters"
holy fuck mark what