What do y'all think of Vulfpeck? A friend of mine recently recommended them to me, and now I can't stop listening...

What do y'all think of Vulfpeck? A friend of mine recently recommended them to me, and now I can't stop listening. Something about their music just sits so well with me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMqVoHRWUZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never heard of them, please describe

vulfpeck great band

I don't know much about them, but from what I understand it's some friends that got together for their college project, and started a funk band from it.

It's really stripped back and simple funk/soul, but god is it groovy. They put an emphasis into making their live performances as good as their studio recordings.
Wait for the Moment is their most recognised track, but Skymall is goat. Also Joe Dart is godly.

I'm really loving Conscious Club right now.

>a friend of mine
fuck off normie

Depthless, but catchy. Lures in tards that think "oh wow this is REAL music"
Literally on the same level as electro-swing

listened to one of there albums and it kinda bored me desu.

my friend and I did this

Recommendations

>Conscious Club
>Cory Wong
>Back Pocket
>Funky Duck
>Christmas in L.A.
>1612
>Outro

what about Game Winner?

That's definitely good too, but I didn't wanna just be reciting the spotify suggestions lol

this pretty much. i wanted to like them at first but the people that claim its the funkiest shit must think childish gambino is george clinton

Vugue State is a cool album

they're good man, chill

Seeing them tomorrow night in Ann Arbor

Thrill of the Arts is their worst release honestly. Listen to their EPs. Fugue State is probably the best one

>lures in tards that think "oh wow this is REAL music"
is this not all of Sup Forums

I love them but they're not an album band, imo

Great songs but too inconsistent

yeah they can be really hit or miss. For example Dean Town and Animal Spirits are great but Margery My First Car and Conscious Club are fucking annoying

there are instrumental versions of both of those songs on previous albums

JOOOOOOOE DAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT

It is my personal belief that Joe Dart is the best bass player alive right now.

I dig Margery My First Car a lot, but wouldn't really listen to it when in the kinda mood I'm in when I feel like listening to Vulfpeck in general

youtube.com/watch?v=EMqVoHRWUZI

they do fantastic live covers

my fav is daddy he got a tesla

I strongly prefer My First Car which is the exact same song without the vocals

I think a big part of their popularity is that they're goofy, witty, white/jewish dudes, doing an accessible, often catchy/poppy take on funk.

Kind of the same way Elvis or The Beatles took a "black" genre and made it far more accessible to white audiences.