MILEY CYRUS IS BACK

So Miley Cyrus back, and she has a new song, Malibu. I listened to it and I thought it was kinda somber and easy to listen to, which is nice, it's not a bad song. It's more like a song you'd find in a middle of an album. The best part would be the part in between 2:50 to 3:20.

Although Sup Forums probably hated Wrecking Ball, I actually really liked the lyrics of the song, not so much the melody and autotune.

youtube.com/watch?v=8j9zMok6two

She references "a brand new start", what does she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U6-gucpsYBw
youtube.com/watch?v=mP07Oyr7enQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DfwJA0f0UTg
elle.com/culture/music/g26374/the-style-evolution-of-boy-bands/
youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
youtube.com/watch?v=-1QBEijVNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Unironically liking top 40 pop

beach boys is just as bad as top 40

this video is like a victoria's secret commercial or something

Prove it

I honestly wonder what would happen if people like you listened to top 40 pop and had no idea it was just that, or do you have just an automatic detector.

You can like both

they literally were top 40 pop

Its not praised by academic critics, none of the people involved have academic music training, both are baked by big companies, both make music for profit exclusively, both are commercially successful (which means they fit in the industry, so aren't art)
I'm not having this "discussion" with pop music drones again, it's clear that you "people" will never be able to tell the difference between music and entertainment

>Music
>Not entertainment

wait, there's a difference?

How much are viral marketers paid to spam these albums on Vietnamese finger-puppet enthusiast imageboards, I wonder? Paramore, Harry Styles, now Miley Cyrus? Gosh, I just hope it makes for good side income, guys.

It's not too bad...The lyrics are super cheesy, but the guitar layering is pretty nice. It's also quite different from the predictable trap-influenced (hi hats upon high hats and sub kicks upon sub kicks) stuff that's all over top40 these days.

I can't stand her voice. It's so nasally. I feel like she could hold a note if someone were to give her one of those BreatheRight strips.
and all those tattoos are terrible

FUCK OFF FINKELSTEIN STOP TRYING TO VIRAL SHITTY "POP" MUSIC HERE.

i wonder what she looks like naked

I JUST POPPED A MOLLY

I don't hate Top 40 but I can't take too much of it. Clones have always existed in much, but music is filled with too many obvious clones these days. I don't need more slight interations on what's popular.

I'm 27 so I'm at the age where I'm falling off anyway and I can't keep up with this shit like I used to.

fair enough

hahahaha
naw

Looks like her (((handlers))) are buying into the "gen z is conservative" meme

I actually hated the song the first time I listened to it but now I actually like it

Moreso the ""guitar"" parts.

You're really desperate for a (You)

user wants honest opinions, she's kind of already famous didn't you know?

i'm a big a fan of the change of direction she's taking, which is entirely in relation to her image

are you memeing? because you're literally a google search away

>High hats upon high hats
This is my biggest pet peeve. Im fine with people listening to top 40 but that one goddamn trap beat is everywhere and its maddening. I can always hear it pouring out of head phones on campus.

not a Sup Forums poster

what does a high hat upon a high hat and the other way around sound like?

This is a drastic turn from here edgy adult shit
Did stopping pot really fix her or is she trying to market on the CUNTSERVATISM IZ DA NEW PUNK ROCK fad?

If you just google "generic trap high hat" you find it. Its in this:
youtu.be/U6-gucpsYBw

Are you actually a normie?

This has kind of a mid 2k indie-pop vibe to it. Is the nostalgia train moving along already and are we going to catch up with actual time or are we going to eternally ne looking back at last year's fad?

how dumb are you. beach boys are responsible for some of the most bland mall background music of all timeyoutube.com/watch?v=mP07Oyr7enQ

do they even exist/
that's when i make a wish/
to swim away with the fish

The normies got to her how do we make miley /OURGIRL/ again
youtube.com/watch?v=DfwJA0f0UTg

is this some """""""""""patrician pop""""""""""" bullshit?

That's cool but why are you trying to dismiss Miley using one of the first BOY BANDS as an example?elle.com/culture/music/g26374/the-style-evolution-of-boy-bands/

Yeah, wasn't expecting much and ended up actually digging it.
Nice to have some pop music without the hi hats or a danceable drop for a chorus...

Yeah so many hits in the past two years have been all about deep, sine wave bass, rattling hi hats, and anticlimactic "synth" drops masquerading as choruses.

sounds like most mid-to-late 2000s Adult Contemporary acoustic guitar Pop

Colbie Caillat made whole albums with songs that sound like Malibu

But it does sound better than most of the watered-down white girl EDM that's been taking over the mainstream the past few years, and she does look much hotter.

Wtf i love Miley again now!

She votes for Killary and had fake cry video bitching about Trump

They already did

Was anyone else expecting the song to break into guitar solos when she sang *next to you...*? I feel like that would've made the song better, specially if they were psychedelic.

>"people"
A-user, are you saying people who like music you don't like aren't human?

Have you seen Grimes twitter

Point is, the music can be good and the artist can suck.

>listening to (((replacement Miley)))
for shame

On one hand i hate how transparently calculating she is, during the obama years acting like an annoying coal burning cunt.
On the other hand any success she has with going back to being white means there is going to be a cultural shift against the niggerfication of music that happened during the obama years thanks to based trump breaking into the white house.

Anyways, any smart musician should know that victory of trump portends a shift away from whatever music was popular during the last 8 years. Its like an asteroid hitting the earth that was filled with trap music and EDM

the type of music that sells the most is bland, inoffensive, something that can be enjoyed by all age, gender, sex, race, groups. Think adele, or happy by pharell, or uptown funk. Being a stupid whore or acting like a dumb nigger appeals to a niche group and gets attention but you could sell way more not acting like that. You see this in play with country music, country music fans are the most loyal, still buy psychical albums, and they prefer their favs to act in a polite and respectful manner publicly.

>edgy "it's not a phase" phase ends

The song was boring and the lyrics were bad. Interesting to see that her fanbase is all for her cleaning herself up when they were all about her train-wreck of a life 6 months ago.

You know where you can fuck off to and stay

>he posts on Sup Forums
>he gets offended

If you ever want to know what Miley is up to, think about where the OG hannah montana fans are. Her handlers change her image every time her original fans move to a new stage of life. Someone who was 11 in 2006 just got out of college recently and isn't going to frat parties anymore (Bangerz Miley) and they're not an old soul hippie who just happens to still do boat loads of drugs (Dead Petz Miley), so now we get Malibu Miley, a breezy, at peace young woman who is down to earth and settling down into adulthood without the drugs or the parties.

I'll call it now, Mileys next evolution will draw comparisons to Adele/Winehouse, and will be 100% soccer-mom material.

I want to kill myself already

Gaga turned on her base and tried to pander to trumpkins and failed miserably

No she didnt.
She tried what every aging op star tries "oh im a mature musician now, please keep buying my albums even though im old".

Taylor swift is the true master, never said who she was voting for, never talks about politics, never alienates anyone.

There is this quote from Michel Jordan when someone asked him why he never shit talks republicans and he replies "republicans buy nikes too".

The second you get political its a signal to half of america "i hate you, do not buy my stuff"

Besides. lady gaga had an album called born this way andmakes terrible electro pop music.

Miley is the daughter of acheybreaky heart and always seemed a bit of a hick. The people making music forget there are 48 other states and country is one of the top selling genres in an age when no one buys physical copies.

it's good to see her with long hair again

Taylor and miley know there is a middle america filled with fat white women wearing reba mcentire shirts and walking around walmart.

The yuppies that run 99% of the music business either ignore them or dont know

Country music fans are the most lolya, prove to them you changed your ways, you came to god, you a good girl now, they will accept you back, even if you failed at pop.

The music industry caters to the coastal yuppies.
Its even warped rap music, rap used to be about tyrone, the ghetto nig that comes out of the projects.
Now its artsy fartsy crap filled with pretentious niggers talking about art and fashion

The lower class blacks, and whites are ignored culturally because america ignores all class issues.

>Trump wins, Miley switches up to appeal to conservatives, democrats still buy her shit knowing her image is proccessed and fake but who cares she was hanna montana before so its cool

this is wack

this new start is her trying to feel good about herself

mikewillmadeit put her in her place and now shes claiming hip hop is misogynistic

Beach Boys are top 40 you fucking crockpot

Liberalism is bad for the profit motive.
marvel comics, ESPN, and mtv are learning this the hard way

>62 Replies / 13 Images
Fucking why

I want to love her because she looks just like a girl I used to fuck. It also helped the girl was a slut, just like new Miley.

Too bad Minaj put her down six feet under at the MTV awards.

Her slutty hip hop phase was full of blunders
>That time she said complained that Kendrick Lamar could make a song about LSD and no one would care but she does it and people get upset
>She mistook ASAP Rocky for Kendrick Lamar

>wait, there's a difference?
Yes there is? You know, not every musician wants to perform in front of intoxicated teenagers and make a qucik buck.

And you're really desperate for an argument, which you can't form.

>she's kind of already famous didn't you know?
Hasn't it perhaps occurred to you that she's famous for the wrong reasons?

>Was anyone else expecting the song to break into guitar solos when she sang *next to you...*?
That's apparently the new fad, given that rap and hip hop producers are using guitar samples now.

Not even him, but haven't you noticed that you're posting on a music board? You know - Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

>think about where the OG hannah montana fans are
Are you 10?

I don't get it. How does she expect people to buy this complete 180?

DUDE SURFIN' LMAO

>grimes
>good

Hole - Malibu > Miley - Malibu

not only that, someday she'll do another Christmas album, and maybe even go full Christian at some point if she needs to

it's another Miley gets naked episode

Literally alpha fucks beta bucks.

The degenerate aura is still there, I feel like shes 1 step away from going full degenerate.

Lol see

lol

no I'm 27.

Good Vibrations is literally, unironically, the best pop song of all time.

this. but i might masturbate to the video later.

>he fell for the beach boys meme
youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
youtube.com/watch?v=-1QBEijVNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y

I'll give good vibrations a solid top 5 spot, but you're fooling yourself if you think we reached the height of pop in 1966

meant for

Pretty sure Taylor Swift is a Republican, thats why she stays silent. All liberal celebrities say they are Dems/Libs.

>automatically hating top 40

Stay pleb

makes me want to cum on her face and make her my girlfriend

Song by itself is alright, but in context of her it's good. There is a sense of subtly that hasn't been there for a while.