Lets Guess Pitchfork's AOTY

Sun Araw - Saddle of the Increate

Right now? Probably Mount Eerie.

hol' up, NEW SUN ARAW THIS YEAR?!

Either Mount Eerie or Perfume Genius

Obviously going to be a black artist, mount eerie or the new national.

Something super gay

yes. I hope you liked Belomancie. I know I did.

no way the national gets AOTY

Damn or A Crow Looked at Me are the only ones I could see them giving it to so far this year. Maybe the new Fleet Foxes but I sorta doubt it.

I really hope its not Damn, it would be the most boring predictable choice

New LCD is gonna come through and blow everybody tf outta the water. I'm gonna predict >9.5.

this

Perfume Genius is going to be the curveball pic like Solange

Yeah, DAMN. is a pretty awful pick for AOTY. Who cares though, it's just Pitchfork
I could definitely see that happening

lmao. the new national.pls. i love them but no way. they got a bnt and will get a low 8 bnm bc they're curating one day of the p4k paris.

Right now A Crow Looked At Me, new albums from Kanye, St. Vincent, LCD Soundsystem, and Chromatics have a shot at it too

Hmmmm

(for the record No Shape would deserve it, it's great)

Paramore - After Laugher

Not even kidding

Yeah, unlike Solange, I actually think No Shape is a legitimately great record with lots of awesome, well written tracks and stunning production. Would be happy if that was the pick.

who the fuck cares

No Shape feels like a reaction to all the glitchy/sample driven rock lately. Super refreshing

St. Vincent

my guess is new arcade fire or lcd

Kanye is dropping a sludge metal album this October. 10.

let's be honest, dead wife aside a crow looked at me is v boring

DAMN. and No Shape are the only albums I could see getting it at the moment, with DAMN. definitely being the frontrunner but I have a feeling they aren't gonna give Kenny three in a row, that'd be ridic

I think LCD Soundsystem and St. Vincent are most likely to get it right now, of releases that have been assured by the artists they will be out this year.

I think Sky Ferreira and Kelela also have an outside shot should their albums come out this year.

Pure Comedy

it's DAMN and you know it

unless drake or kanye release something, then it's their album

Curveball Fleet Foxes? Third of May already BNM and after 6 years hiatus it's not implausible. Plus the album is GOAT

Probably this desu

How the fuck can you make assumptions about albums you haven't even heard.
no previously ptichfork sweetheart (father john misty, spoon, mac demarco, gorillaz) has gotten a score >8.0 this year so far
who's saying Arcade Fire, Lcd Soundsystem, Fleet Foxes, The national ablums will?

i'm shoving my vinyl collection on my ass if Crack-Up gets anything lower than 8.5 and BNM

the whole album reeks like shit pitchfork loves

> no previously ptichfork sweetheart has gotten a score >8.0 this year so far

>Perfume Genius - 8.8
>Kendrick Lamar - 9.2
> RTJ - 8.6

Given that LCD, FF, and The National have all gotten emphatic BNTs with their initial tracks, it's not a bad assumption.

Also, since when was Gorillaz 'in' at p4k?

the pitchfork didn't even put High Violet in their 100 best albums of the decade so far list, and everybody knows that album is easily one the top 10 albums

Ever since plastic beach. It's one of those, 'oh dear we were horribly wrong about this one' scenarios (see Daft Punk)

When Ye comes down from the mountain he's on in the middle of fucking Wyoming and drops the album of the century, he'll get AOTY.

this is kinda the point of the thread. we're reflecting the extent to which Pitchfork is extremely predictable and its ratings can be pretty accurately gauged based on the artists without even listening to the albums. while you're sort of right about FJM and Mac, even they aren't at the indie sweetheart level of Fleet Foxes and LCD, whom music pubs and #indie people cream over constantly (not that they're bad). while FJM had one super-popular record and Mac typically hovered around the low 8.Xs, some of these other artists have built career-spanning reputations for consistently palatable music, so Pitchfork and others will be highly biased in their favor even if the music isn't as impressive. in other words, the content of the albums matters less than you think. even a very tedious LCD record, for example, will never be under an 8.0 i can virtually guarantee it.

>there is no chance they are going to give it to a white cis artist
>it will be no shape
Perfume Genius is a white cis, retard.

this

Beck will drop his upbeat happy-go-lucky album soon and it will be Odelay all over again, cue the p4k dickriding

there is no chance they are going to give it to a white heterosexual male artist; no lcd, arcade fire, the national, mt eerie

it will be no shape

Right now my money's on DAMN.

yeah i fucked up, no need to be rude tho ;)

>it will be odelay all over again

more like "it will Guero/lito all over again" and score a 6.x at best

Yeah, I jumped on that one a little quick. My b.

I GOT I GOT I GOT I GOT

or it will be the new grizzly bear album, because they actively hate trump and cis males

The track review for the new Grizzly Bear single was pretty scathing, they didn't seem to enjoy it much

Can somebody give me good odds on pitchfork giving the AOTY to Jlin?

Which I don't get at all t b h. Three Rings is killer.

0% chance

Nah

I really dig it too, though their album rollout has been inane as fuck

0%

She's defs gonna get an 8.7+ BNM though

that's not really hard these days anyway

Jai Paul
Jon Hopkins
Kanye West
Arcade Fire if Win Butler finally kills himself

that jai paul album is never gonna happen and you know it

jai paul gave up on music, stop deluding yourself

Do they ever give AOTY to an album that didn't have the highest score?

they just change the score before giving the AOTY

they gave the 2013 aoty to modern vampires of the city, which got 9.3, while yeezus got 9.5

Literally last year.

all the time. last year they gave it to Solange who got a 8.7. They gave 11 albums that year higher ratings

Solange only got like 8.6 or something and they gave it to her. And To Be Kind got a higher score than RTJ2 in 2014 but only came like 6th. So yeah.

Source? Different user here

>asking for source on a shitpost

AOTY
2016: Solange - A seat at the table
2015: Kendrick Lamar - To pimp a butterfly
2014: Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2
2013: Vampire weekend - Modern Vampires of the city
2012: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City
2011: Bon iver - Bon Iver
2010: Kanye West - My Beautiful dark Twister Fantasy

Why do we take pitchfork seriously again?

they got scared of people accusing them from being Kanyefags

which is why i believe Kendrick wont get AOTY with DAMN either

>Why do we take pitchfork seriously again?
We do?
I just look at their reviews to complain and laugh about them.

I'll go out on a limb and guess it will be something by some globalist's kids.

These are pretty weak pics. Might as well be hanging on SPIN's every word, or desperately following Rolling Stone's opinions.

>not recognizing Bon Iver, Solange and Vampire Weekend as the groundbreaking artists they truly are

Guess being patrician truly isn't for the masses

kek.....'''they're''' not subtle are they?

bwhahahah....by 'groundbreaking artist' you mean 'globalist plants' right?

did a gay handicapped transexual nigger release an album of souless pop music?
That one

youre being serious

>Sky Ferreira has a shot at AOTY
cringe
>washed-up LCD Soundsystem has a shot at AOTY
cringe

100%

cats out the bag

please, I assure you CIA Soundsystem has a very good shot.

Out of those seven albums, only two have stood the test of time. I shouldn't have to say which two I'm talking about.

literally all of them suck and always have.

Fake ass centrally controlled heavy shilled meme almost-music.

The National makes boring music for shitty white toast people like you.