I saw a dead person IRL for the first time. Don't know how to feel. AMA

I saw a dead person IRL for the first time. Don't know how to feel. AMA

what was the cause of death?

Hit and run, guy was wrapped around a guard rail. I'm a Volunteer firefighter.

I see on average 2-3 interesting ones a week

~Paramedic

dont you get sad sometimes ? idk how i would react.

Scary sight. Do you think seeing it has changed you at all?

how about alone in the universe, aware of your own mortality and the frailty of your meager existence, the fact that you are squandering your time on this earth posting on Sup Forums

Were you alone? Did you fuck it? If it's not too badly decomposed it actually is still enjoyable

Now I'm turned on. Fuck you user

I never find the good ones.

Lol just wait... you'll see worse shit buddy. Remember to talk about it with non-dickish people at the station. Little events like thay become cumulative burn out and psychological damage.

Everyone tends to react differently. You might get bothered by this one, next one might not bug you at all. For me it depends on the circumstance. Most deaths don't bother me at all, my first fatal was a guy who passed out in his truck cab and his corpse was half burnt. Turns out humans cook like pork, our flesh turns white. Suicides get to me though. Talk to your other members if it weighs on you, your brothers and sisters are a support net. Volunteer in Alberta, Canada.

The saddest thing about my job is the paycheck

>The saddest thing about my job is the paycheck
you guys should make more. im grateful what you guys do bro.

Not op but people die. It happens. It's natural. Maybe not when something awful happens but I mean in that line of profession is expect the people to be pretty resilient mentally. Not saying I'm sure it fucking sucks but yeah.

Don't EMTs get the worst pay of any medical professional? For the most stressful job in the field?

I watched my mother took her last breath. It's a moment in time I will never forget. Death comes for us all.

I've been to a cadaver lab and held organs and shit when I was 16. Although that was some time ago, my advice although may not be the same as your experience, is to appreciate you're not the dead person for now. Live life knowing that it (could be) is a better choice than dying.

Shits not like the rekt threads huh? Kek

I still have a passion for what i do. just thought i wouldn't feel anything, but i do...

no, im a firefighter so i had other guys around.

Thanks for the advice user

Same here. Scary as shit and the silence... Still give me chills after 6 years

thanks Sup Forumsro

OP here. im a volunteer....

you're thinking of pre-med students
they have to intern at hospitols during the worst shifts, long hours, and they are basically unpaid interns

OP here. I'm over it now. thanks guys.

>im a volunteer....
Well thank you for what you do man.

I worked at an old folks home for a while, staff got to say last goodbyes when they died. For me it was;

>see body
>feel a little weird cause their shit ain't ticken
>realize that there 6.someodd billion people
>realize I could go at any time from brain hemorrhage
>don't fear death
>shitissocash.wmv

Don't thank me. we're pieces of shit dude.

i know some of you all are. but at the end of the day you gotta get shit done.