What does Sup Forums think about early 2000s and mid 2000s hip hop?

What does Sup Forums think about early 2000s and mid 2000s hip hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sd0S0LwhEDU
youtube.com/watch?v=DplMlB9wQSo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL872CA7247C145732
youtube.com/watch?v=PTKNENS3OG4&list=PLtygoVx67T6UzoWMf3sC25oKzMKmd-AJs
youtube.com/watch?v=jGc9vxFKT5s&list=PLkamDwCMHKcgED39V5h_vJBTdhY6lmwGW
youtube.com/watch?v=f4LcKWrBz7s&list=PLqhKLkQS5CoNcnHx_18jOsZlsdRPuTGxY
youtu.be/vr2jSR_ML9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Love it. Mike jones youtu.be/Sd0S0LwhEDU
Living in the south it's childhood for some of us. 50's get rich or die tryin was probably the one that captured my attention, or it was def jam vendetta, I remember watching mtv2, the Chingy holiday inn video, fuck

Do you think after all this time it's possible he might still be out there somewhere? Still tippin?

Early 2000s were good.

Mid 2000s not so much. Late 2005-2008, the "ringtone/snap era", was crap. That era even inspired Nas to write the Hip-Hop Is Dead album, lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=DplMlB9wQSo

love it

DJ John (at least I think that's his name) is a bit annoying but little brother was a thing and I freaking loved their songs when they first came out, pure gold

Probably, I listened to back back then on repeat for like three days straight an dB checked wiki, he's still putting stuff out.
Also, wc's the Streets is a great song. I'll post some early 2000s hip hop I was listening to a couple weeks back

It good

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL872CA7247C145732

youtube.com/watch?v=PTKNENS3OG4&list=PLtygoVx67T6UzoWMf3sC25oKzMKmd-AJs

youtube.com/watch?v=jGc9vxFKT5s&list=PLkamDwCMHKcgED39V5h_vJBTdhY6lmwGW

And my second favorite Busta album
youtube.com/watch?v=f4LcKWrBz7s&list=PLqhKLkQS5CoNcnHx_18jOsZlsdRPuTGxY

eminem was good b4 encore

It was a dark time until the prophet Kanye West spread the good word and saved hip-hop

literally the tipping point where it became cool for whitebois to be hip hop stans

Bump

0 idea what you're talking about, please refrain from talking about hip hop if you became a fan post 2010

It sucks and it's funny that 10 years later it's reputation has started to be rehabilitated as seen in this thread.

The worst was Scott Storch beats, I've heard enough of those to last me the rest of my life.

youtu.be/vr2jSR_ML9s

Lowest point in Hip Hop for sure.

Other than Kanye, Outkast, some Eminem, and DMX, it was 99% shite that I'm glad passed on.

the greatest era in hip hop history

I miss when Timbaland and The Neptunes were everywhere

This was when the real South was taking over

Fucking Ludacris, T.I, Young Jeezy, prime Lil Wayne, Three 6 Mafia, Gucci Mane, everyone in Swishahouse, I miss when Southern rappers had personalities and original flows and didn't all sound the damn same.

Future and Young Thug were dope when they first came out, but now the entire mainstream South all sound like them and it ain't fun anymore.

Bump