The Future of Vaporwave

Does Sup Forums think that Vaporwave will become the next big genre in music, and do you think Vaporwave will go mainstream (Both aesthetically and musically)?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/08/04/488531531/all-songs-1-a-conversation-with-radioheads-jonny-greenwood
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

No
Fuck off

Yes absolutely

I think that at its core vaporwave has a lot to offer. It needs more time to develop imo.

Artists would have to put more thought into their works before they release them. It doesn't seem to be a trend though.

2418 - Birth of a New Day is a good example of vaporwave done right.

vaporwave won't make a comeback until post-vaporwave is a thing

Yall dunno how this shit works

It's all in your hands

already happened and the only good vaporwave release is birth of a new day

they'll run out of samples to slow down

then they'll start speeding them up like marcoss 92 or whatever

then they'll run out of samples to speed up then it will be fully dead

No, it will influence other genres though. I'm expecting Turbo Grafx 16 to have some vaporwave-style samples in it.

>npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/08/04/488531531/all-songs-1-a-conversation-with-radioheads-jonny-greenwood

>i don't know what thom listens to. recently i walked in on him listening to chopped and screwed pop songs from the 80s. he acted like i walked in on him in the buff

next radiohead album will be vaporwave confirmed

this doesn't seem to be a problem in hip hop

because hip hop has artistic merit in writing where vaporwave is appealing to the easy listening lazy teens who want to feel like they're weird and listen to obscure music while it's all mass produced by youtubers and bandcamp idiots with a copy of garageband and/or fl studio

You must watch FrankJavCee

I'm so happy this is real

Vaporwave aesthetics will get even more popular because we're going through a 90's nostalgia cycle but the actual music that'll get popular will probably be closer to Future Funk, which has much more mainstream appeal than vap.

>but the actual music that'll get popular will probably be closer to Future Funk

Good.

It's weird to think the 80s nostalgia cycle is almost over.

Just imagine how shitty the early 2000's nostalgia cycle is gonna be in 5 years.

no

Let me guess, you tried making vaporwave but couldn't because you don't know how to use your DAW and couldn't come up with creative ideas?

It's going to be weird going through a nostalgia cycle for a time when I actually started paying some attention to pop culture.

On one hand, I kind of have a soft spot for generic early 2000s electronic music. It's a holdover from my WoW days when almost every video used the damn stuff. It's weird, I don't like the sound as much as I do like the memories associated with hearing the sound.