Hollywood is imploding

Hollywood is imploding

screencrush.com/2016-worst-summer-movie-season-ever/

TV and Videogames are demolishing film.

Film will eventually go the way of literature - still around, but far from occupying the dominate positions they did in the 20th and 19th centuries respectively.

It's hard to argue with the cold hard numbers.

It's been fucking terrible. So many disappointments and bombs.

I think we're getting into Cleopatra mode here. This is like Hollywood in 1964.

People want mid-sized movies with mid-sized budgets that tell a good story.

thats what happens when SJWs infiltrate the movie review business and promote shit movies that no one wants to see(like shitbusters and CA:CW), and meme movies that everyone wants to see as shit(BVS/SS)

Get when actually good movies get made no-one goes to see them

The problem is not just quality, but it's the type of movies being made and pushed on the highest level

Can you believe in the 1990s a movie like A League Of Their Own could be a big hit with a big budget and big marketing push? It seems so quaint and innocent compared to now.

I'm fine with comic book, big sci-fi spectacles being popular, but as a slice of the pie, not the whole pie.

Why was Amy Pascal such a shit President of Sony? Because she came from the A League Of Her Own days, and she was expected to create a comic book cinematic universe. This bitch's favorite movies are probably Love Story and Sabrina.

You couldn't make Casablanca today.

It's almost like movies don't have a monopoly on people's entertainment anymore, and no matter how much CGI or familiar names you throw at a movie you can't entirely cover up the fact that it's terrible, and that people will eventually get wise to that
I hope this leads to a purge in higher management and gives the industry at large a kick in the pants

Cleopatra was okay. Impressive sets.

Yes, but in the end the audience didn't give a shit, the movie was a failure and almost destroyed Hollywood.

Hollywood needs to get back to Jesus. This happens every 25 years or so.

>shit movies that no one wants to see
>Captain America: Civil War
>even putting that on the same tier as Ghostbusters

nice try, People would have seen CA:CW without swjs, i don't even see what you're trying to get at here. Everyone knew ghostbusters was going to be shit even with all the SJW pandering

Good
Maybe you'll actually watch real cinema and art instead of flavor of the week meme tier trash like whiplash, mad max fury road and the revenant

Much as I don't care for Deadpool, I hope more movies like you said get made because of its success.

I want a New New Hollywood.

>she was expected to

If you're a studio head and getting pressure to do anything besides have the profits subsidize the losses, you turn around and say "I'm here to make money and good movies and I'm all out of bubblegum, go fuck yourselves"

they're incredibly formulaic resulting in generic films. every fucking trailer has that one piano note intro now. following BRRMMMMMM, blue and orange.

they're also diversity backwards and just rehash whitecentric stories decades ago over and over.

it's funny poltards whine there's an "agenda" if a nonwhite or female gets casted but doesn't bat an eyelash when 99% cast white males. that bullshit is the real agenda.

Is English not your first language?

I feel like there's a point in your post but holy shit you're all over the place.

>but doesn't bat an eyelash when 99% cast white males. that bullshit is the real agenda.

you have nothing better to do with your time than beg strangers on the internet to get mad

here's your (you)

>14 seconds for butthurt white damage control

Well Ben Hur looks like it'll flop so who knows, maybe they'll remake Passion of the Christ

The funny thing about Cleopatra, compared to other legendary bombs like Heaven's Gate or Cutthroat Island, is that it was actually the #1 movie of the year by revenue, taking in a then-respectable $26 million. It just cost so damn much (over $44 million) it was still a failure.

I haven't gone to the movie theater in about 4 or 5 years. Literally nothing has appealed to me enough to be worth a drive, let alone the ticket price.

Independence Day 2 was okay. Impressive CGI.

Hollywood has gotten too big. We need a crash.

This was my favorite film of this year. Comedy done 100% right with so many memorable scenes.

As poorly written as deadpool was it didn't look significantly worse than a film with 3 times its budget

Then again Nice Guys was good and that flopped

I don't know..,,just stop making shit movies .

>Piracy, streaming sites and Videogames are demolishing film.

We're reaching a point now where some movies need to make half a billion dollars to even be profitable. And the thing is, these aren't rare, once in a few years, really pushing technology, kind of productions. We're getting a multitude of releases like these every few months.

When a fucking Ghostbusters movie has a production budget of 150 million dollars, not counting anything else, something is wrong.

>sequels failing
>hollywood is scratching its head

hmm

$57 million isn't a flop but it should have made more

>cast white males

Jews =/= white, my shitskin friend

>white people are evil!

Jews are white, dumbshit. The word you're looking for is Aryan, but your neo-nazi ass is afraid to say it.

>everything bad is by jews whites dindu nuffin cumskin logic

when you can't tell the difference between whites and hollywood jews. they're the same.

Please tell us what real cinema and art is. Enlighten us.

How does TV and Vidya force Hollywood to make shitty movies?

Let's hope.

civil war is the biggest movie of the year so far though

>the Jews finally lose

2014 and 2015 were shit as well.

nonwhites, white women and history agree :^)

I'd give it an 8/10 and the trailer/commercials for it made it look really funny. Not sure why it didn't do better. I think people don't care much about seeing a film like this because waiting for it to be on tv or online doesn't detract from it all that much

Jews aren't white otherwise they wouldn't get to have a white state

I know this is anecdotal but I personally haven't felt the urge to go out and see a movie in the theater since Episode VII came out.

I was interested in Independence Day but all my friends who saw it hated it and I heard it was garbage so I lost the will to go.

This isn't an issue with being introverted, my sister's friends constantly ask me to come out with them for movies.

Don't worry, once again Disney and Marvel are going to save hollywood with 1 billion movies. Jesus DC retards do we have to do everything?

I wonder for how long Marvel will be able to keep up though.

Will this bring a resurgence of smaller well made films now?

You do realize that most Hollywood movies are made to order from China, right? It's the Chinese making the movies for themselves, not for Americans. Why are people surprised when they start failing in the US market?

Your living situation sounds strange and possibly NEET like

Anyway, I'd rather see movies with friends and speak when I like, yeah
I really enjoyed It Follows and Ex Machina, largely because I watched them back to back in my friends basement mini-theater

what's the middle one from?

this

>people are surprised that mainstream movies are shit under late capitalism

Its most likely just the fact the movies have been terrible. As people who get tricked into spending ~$30 per person to see shit tend to avoid movies for a bit of time.

>You do realize ... right?

gross. dont type like a fucking tumblr user

Because there has been no reason for real innovation or competition in hollywood since the early 90s when everything began consolidating.

When you have a handful of people making all of the decisions and they all know that the shitheads have to see ONE of your movies, no one tries anymore and you get shit like today, the big Sony debacle, etc.

Same here, except for the Star Wars part. I watched all SW movies when I was a kid and never got into the whole thing, it was generic even for my 10yo version. I was looking forward to the new Bourne, but it's not in town yet. But I'm changing the subject.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is releasing more of the same and no one is trying to change that.

lolno just put more money into the capeshit cinematic universe

now you see me 2

>everyone that watched bvs and didn't like it was brainwashed by tge sjw reviewers, they're too stupid to formulate their own opinion
Face it, the theatrical release was a disjointed mess and it will take more convincing than you're capable of to talk people into rewatching it with even more shit added in.

I was trying to explain how I have people to see movies with, so that's not an issue keeping me out of the theater.

I know seeing movies alone is kind of a meme on this board.

I think we'll see more movies like Pitch Perfect (small budget, giant profit) because every tentpole movie will be a terrible CGI shitfest sequel.
I'm not saying Hollywood will wake up one day and make more movies like Pitch Perfect, I'm saying these types of movies will make more money because a considerable number of people will flock to them because it's something different and make money enough.

Get some taste kiddo.

ever since harry potter ended its been shit kek

>now you see me 2
not
> now you don't

SDKFJASDFEIUWERWESDCSKDFMK

THANK GOD

I really hope the new film from laika studios doesnt bomb

1982 was considered the best summer movie season. E.T., Poltergeist(the original), Blade Runner, Star Trek 2:The Wrath of Khan, Rocky 3, Conan the Barbarian. What can we learn from that year and this year. Who gives a fuck.

cant risk loosing out on any of those precious shekels

this

t. Abdulllah Coldwater

i can't breathe

It's spelled "losing." "Loose" is what you call your pants when they're a size too big.

no, until Disney flops nothing is going to change
if StarWars/Marvel underperform then every one of them will be scared shitless
the only thing they're thinking now is that they made the wrong reboot
they will keep pumping out reboots until one sticks

Delete this reeee

I had no idea so many white people had such curly hair

Jews aren't white. The Ashkenazis are Turks and the Sephardics are arabic

no, netflix is demolishing film, and its doing the same to TV too
going into a theatre is a nuisance now

There is only one man who can save the film industry and he's... Buzz'n frogs in heaven.

I agree

billions of people have straight hair,idk why anyone would want to be that plain.

Agreed, although I could have favoured Miles Ahead if it met me halfway.

Agreed. Ive been wanting to go to a matinee this summer and so far all Ive gone to was Finding Dory. I keep checking the movie listings every 2 weeks and its utter shit. Only thing is Jason Bourne, which I might watch if its on tv some day.

I've gotten to the ponit that I just wait till they are at the dollar movies and watch then.

I wonder what the total budget to box office ratio is for the major studios, including marketing. With the major studios being a part of huge conglomerates, it will never be public knowledge.

Some days, I feel that Sup Forums could run a studio better than the likes of Amy Pascal.

Yes how dare film studios in a majority white country make movies that reflect that.

Price of going to the cinema (at least in the UK) is pretty pricey now, when a single ticket is £10-12 for a 2d standard movie.
the chance of having annoying people in the cinema, past couple of times with people on their phones. talking and shit.

Can have decent quality viewing at home, good tv, sound system, comfier, have control of everything.

Movies stories feel condensed compared to the recent ultra high quality Tv shows coming out that don't require effort from you to watch, 10 hours of quality story paced right, vs ~2 hours to tell whole story whilst having non 2d characters and development.

It's got to the point where I'll wait for the blu ray or it to come to netflix/prime or just a stream.

I'll see the huge films at the movies but other than star wars of the next Guardians of the Galaxy, I've just not been hyped to go.

last time i was really blown away by a film was Avatar

I haven't been arse to see anything in the cinema in a long time now.

I don't know what it is, no films coming out interest me enough to go.

I would like to see the new Bourne though, anyone know if it's good?

>hollywood is an international institution
>american is a nation of immigrants all citizens deserve representation not just whites
>minority babies already outnumber whites

adapt to the times instead of clinging to a toxic dated white status quo

>Implying the revenant wasn't real cinema

Plebs, please leave.

Nah, the trailers were shit and made the movie look try hard.

Not until capeshit and remakes are purged from the minds of film executives

>Hollywood is imploding

Good, there's tons of weeaboo shit out there that's halfway decent if you know where to look.

That's what happens when you try to appeal to everyone.

ayyy what's good korean film bro

Kino is dead, long live kino

>pay for an overpriced ticket for shit rehashed movies
>wonder why no one is doing that

>hollywood is an international institution
Just because other countries aren't as good at making movies as us, that doesn't make it our job to make their movies for them

he looks like a slightly cooler Mads Mikkelsen

How do you we stop #GooberGlaive from destroying Hollywood?

>american is a nation of immigrants
But we're not.

globalization changing the cultural landscape says otherwise